OtakuBoards

Resident Evil: APOCALYPSE

I, Colossus

[img]http://www.sonypictures.com/stellent/groups/public/documents/image/pr1034582.jpg[/img]

In case some of you don't know, RE: APOCALYPSE is the sequel to the original RE film. Most people found the original RE to be a big dissapointment, but I think it was a big step for game-movies. I've been awaiting this film for a long time, mainly because [spoiler]they hinted at Nemesis being in the next film.[/spoiler] It's set to release sometime next year.

Trailer - [url]http://www.sonypictures.com/previews/player/player_PR1034601.html[/url]

I can't wait, how about you. :cross:

[color=darkblue][size=1][i]Well I think they have learned from their mistakes so maybe this movie will be better. SO i'll give this a shot. Im guessing you want me to say I cant wait for it to come out so here I go. I cant wait for it to come out.[/color][/size][/i]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Well, I really enjoyed the first RE movie, even though it was a whole lot different that I expected, but supposedly in this sequel Jill is supposed to make an appearance. And what's RE without it's leading lady? Of course, I prefer Claire, but that's beside the point! ^_^;[/color][/size]

Spoiler Alert! Do not click on this link to the synopsis if you do not want to learn about RE2's plot and such.

[url]http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/residentevilapocalypse/synopsis.html[/url]

Bah...why must they intertwine [spoiler]RE2 and RE3[/spoiler]?

[spoiler]CARLOS OLIVIERA - RE3 - A part of Umbrella's tactical force, not STARS
NICHOLAI - RE3 - A part of Umbrella's tactical force, not STARS[/spoiler]

I liked the trailer, though. It reminded me a lot of the TV/computer part in the first half of RE3.

Oh, and [spoiler]Nemesis[/spoiler] is going to be in the movie (at least according to the link).

RE1 was not that bad. A lot better than most game-to-movies out there (SMB, MK:A, TR).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]I saw some trailer they played before Underworld, which was a bit odd. It was presented in a commercial format (for Umbrella's weird DNA cosmetics). Reminded me of Robocop, which isn't a bad thing. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, the trailer I linked to is that one. It is quite strange, the first time I saw it, I thought it was a comercial before the trailer. It looked like one of those, "Are you feeling depressed? Can't sleep?" comercials. =P

[quote][i]Originally posted by Gohan Egret[/i]
[spoiler][b]CARLOS OLIVIERA - RE3 - A part of Umbrella's tactical force, not STARS[/b][/spoiler][/quote]

Yeah...RE3 is my favorite in the series. That ruins it a little for me, since they aren't being as true to the game as they should be. But it's no huge thing. I'll let it slide. :D

Wow! I really liked the first movie. It was a little less scary than I had hoped for. They went more for the action rather than the creepiness. I still loved it though. The only problem with this new movie though is its now similarities to 28 days later. 28 days was so fantastically good and the scariest movie I have ever seen. RE2 movie is going to look a lot like 28 days later, at least superficially and I'm definitely going to compare the two.

This movie is going to rock. I can't wait. I hope to see Nemisis. It was a great game to play and now we can maybe see the actual nemisis. I didn't look at the above posted spoiler so I don't know what's in it and Ii really don't want to find out till the movie comes out. I think I'll go get the original movie right now.*Runs out to car....trips on branch and passes out*Lol

I enjoyed the first Resident Evil film. It overcame the video game to silver screen curse, I'd say. The soundtrack suited the unfolding chaos onscreen quite nicely. As a matter of fact, it complemented the action so well that it added to the overall atmosphere and appeal of a film that might have otherwise been bland.

[spoiler] It should be added that I was pleasantly surprised with how well the plot was tied together. Don't get me wrong--it wasn't intellectually groundbreaking or breathtaking, but it was pulled off with more style than I've come to expect from video game adaptations. Because, let's face it, most plots in said movies are pulled off with the eloquence of a runaway train.[/spoiler]

Some things bothered me, like Michelle Rodriguez playing what is plainly and simply the same part she always plays. She's fallen into a role trap. Other little nuances such as the main character discarding suitable clothing in a cold, strange, mansion in favor of an outfit that's barely there also baffle me.

To say that these things ruined the movie for me would be an over exaggeration, so you can bet I'll be seeing the sequel. The trailer is already a step in the right direction and one of the only reasons I bothered with [i]The Underworld[/i] which turned out surprisingly good.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charles [/i]
[B]Other little nuances such as the main character discarding suitable clothing in a cold, strange, mansion in favor of an outfit that's barely there also baffle me. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]But that outfit was so sexy and cute. I always thought about how I wanted it. ^_^;[/color][/size]