OtakuBoards

Duengeons&Dragons: Gauntlet Legend (beginners welcome)(LOOOOOOONG)

Squall

OOC: If any mods are here and don't like what happened right now please DO NOT close this thread. We had only a problem which I hope now is fixed. All of us wish to make this thread a good R.P.G.
Ps: I'll post my character later due to the fact I HAVE A TON OF ********* Homework :bawl:

OOC: Not just yet. This school of pain (holds bleeding stomach) Has one more lesson.

Doubling
When using a spell, it is possible to double the affects of that spell, for twice the MP.

Inanis was thrown back and landed in the dirt. He stumbled to get up, his eyes troubling to focus. Talonir walked closer to him and looked down upon him. He grinned and prepared for another attack. Inanis lept back, and landed with no sound at all. The rushing waterfall ceased it's everlasting sound, and so did the birds about them. "What the hell?"

Silence2 (10) -6 attack from enemy.

There are some tricky rules here.

1. Attack pts. can never fall below +2

2. You may not double twice in one battle

3. you may only double with one spell, no combining.

[b] 4. all rules are up for negotiation, anybody who fells inconvienenced is more then welcome to suggest or criticize. [/b]

5. Health refills after every battle, unless another battle is fought in unicent (immediately after)

Zantar Shadow walked up behind the two combatantants, he thought to himself, "If I take their souls, my master will reward me with the power I seek." Chuckling to himself, he casts two fireballs at either combatant(fireball2+8 each).He grinned with fiendish delight as they cried out in surprise and pain.He ponder to himself,"I wonder how many powers my master will grant me for these fiery souls?"He yells aloud, "Your souls shall be mine!"

OOC:I assume that you cannot dodge magic? :worried:

Zantar, I'm going to pretend you ever posted. I would like you to reread the rules thread before you post again. That goes for shineigami as well. Dondar, your okay, so you may tune this all out.

Firstly, all posts that are not RPG related, in this thread, will be called 'spam'. What is spam, you ask? It is a little message with no purpose or importance. Unlengthy posts, are also known as spam. Zantar, the bottom line, is if you don't shape up your posts to OB and my standards, you will no longer be able to post in this thread.

shineigami, You havent even signed up and proclaimed it as too much work, therefore you are kinda already banned from this thread.

Now, all posts in this thread must be above 6 lines. No less. For battle modes, if they aren't able to streach that long, we will battle in PM's. Thank you for your cooperation.
+++++++++++++++++++

[i]

Gaul was fast asleep and in the shadows a figure lerked. He began to look through the dwars's things and found nothing then he noticed something on the dwarf, a gold neckless.

"Humm" The figure thought. "That neckless will sell nicly on the markets." The figure then walked up to the sleeping dwarf and tried to loosen the end of the neckless na d remove it from his neck. But to his unfortunate demise the slight movement of the neckless and woke up Gaul and as his first reaction he swong his axe and struck the theif enough to land into the wall and as he tried to get up and run Gaul bloked his way.

"Please mister, please I was nearly checking on you." said the figure and Gaul reconized the voice right away, it was the innkeeper.

"I have killed enough pathetic men and I grow tired of it. leave!" Gaul said pointing to the door. "If you try anything like that again it will be your I will spare from your body." Gaul said with a smile. The innkeeper ran out and as Gaul was about to fall back to sleep he heard a fight happening not far away. "Children." He thought then he closed his eyes and feel back into a deep sleep.
[/i]

OOC: sorry that it's so short I'm getting tired.

Zantar yells to Talonir,"Get out of the way, I want his soul first, then I think I'll just BRING YOU to my master for he would like to see you before your soul is ripped from your body like so many other dant, desolete, heroic fools like yourself, now if you were to join me and my master it would be a different story completely."
Then he thrusts forword casting another fireballs at everyone who's battling exept for Talonir. Then thinks,"This might be harder than I thought, hmmm, I could use some fun."

my attack is unnafected. your attack is -6, since i did it doubled
The blade came down hard on Inanis's head but it made a suprisingly dull sound. "My spell is working."
Attack +2 (Talonir's attack on Inanis)

Inanis growled in frustration and leaped up into a tree. He leaped from branch to branch until a fireball shot up and knocked him out of the tree. He landed on the ground with a thud as Talonir raised his pike to deliver the final blow. Inanis jumped back and charged forward with his blades outstreatched. He swooped under the pike and ran behind Talonir into the mage.
attack +6

"You dare to turn your back on me!" yells Talonir, he then runs up and attacks Inanis' back with a devastating blow to his spine (Attack + 8). He then darted back out of Inanis' immediate attack range.

OOC:I mean, how does silence affect MY attack power?I mean, shouldn't it be called Weaken?Silence should just disrupt spell casting or something.

OOC: It should be called weaken, shouldn't it? But it doesn't matter, forget I casted it, I just wanted you to learn about doubling. And, at any rate... I'm at -2 Hp.

IC: Talonirs blow was the last he could stand. He kneeled on the floor, gasping for breath. Talonir Raised his pike and readied to behead him. "W-wait. Y-you win." Talonir paused for a moment, deciding on what to do. He then put the pike to his side. "What's done is done, now I will be on my way without your dissapproval." He was about to turn away when a fireball lit the sky. Talonir deflected it, giving Inanis all the time he needed. He took off and dived off the cliff, where he and his brother had fell hours before. [i] I...lost. How can That be? How could I loose? I've never lost. [/i] He splashed into the still bloddy water and floated downstream...

...oookay. thats not exactly how these things work. first of all, Dondar's still got about 52 Hp left, I'm floating in a river about 50 yards below you, which would probably make it just a tiny bit hard to
"spring out of the shadows and ppull your sword, followed by casting a fireball aimed for my head while I lay there bleeding."

Y'see, even if it did somehow work out, I'm guessing that nobody would be happy that the entire adventure ends on the practice battle, in the first town, before the adventure even begins.

Be a little more realistic, would you?

ooc:OK sorry I thought this was just a battle and you wanted to end it so here's a better post:
Zantar goes down to the river and says to you,"that was a vey good fight, would you like to be allies, you could get more power like I'm trying to, or you might have any quests that I may reep many souls, for I will join you for that."
ooc:OK is this good can we start now, with this?
ic: ps: When I said go to the river I meant follow you there and get swim to you, ok?!?

Talonir figured that he should help Inanis, so he trotted down to the river. "Go on your....quest if you must," said Inanis.
"I'm not one to leave a man for dead, " to the sorceror he added,"you can do what you want with him when we get him healed." He then hoisted Inanis over one shoulder while he struggled weakly.

Upon reaching the cleric and getting Inanis healed, Talonir asked, "How has this town survided against the dark lord?"
"well, ill tell you," said Inanis....

OOC Yeah, thanks for revitalizing that.

"It's a very complex magic. When the sorceress unleashed the dark lord and relized what she had done, she did everything she could to recontain the darkness." Talonir nodded. "Yeah, that story's been around for quite a while. How does that affect this town?"
"This was the sorcerress's home town. When she found that she could not defeat the lord, she cast a shadow over this town to keep it hidden."

"I see. How could she have created such a magic?"

"It was a sacrifice. Every seventh child born into this village is born a demon, or a man posessed by one. It's really an existance in denial of the dark lords supreme power. He could easily break the spell if he knew it existed, hence the law that nobody is to leave the village." The sorcerrer nodded. "Just another example of the dark lord's might."
"Not for long. I will defeat him and bring him back, dead."

Zantar says"I say we kill these beast," than whispers to himself, "His it's soul must be worth millions of souls,hehehehe." Then he walkes over to Talonir and says to him,"What do you say, will you come with me?" Then walkes halfway over to Tsukasa_hack( ooc: what ever your name is) and yells"What about you, will you come with me, I cannot do this alone!"."Then let's go, we have all been healed, what do you say guys?"
Let's other people thing about it......
ooc: Let's other people thing about it...... means I let both of you think about it.

Inanis scowles and heads for the door. "Sorry, but I travel alone."
"Wait. We may be able to help each other. You can't do it solo either."
"Than I'm going to make one hell of an attempt." He walks out the doorway, and a second later dissapears.
Inanis ran along the roof tops until he came to the 10 yard wall. He ran and jumped onto the wall and started running up it. He vaulted over the top and landed silently on the other side. [i] If I am seen, the entire town is destroyed. Am I prepared to take that risk?...Yes. [/i] After brief thought he ran through the forest and leaped into the trees.

Sorry this is short.

Inanis ran through the trees for a time, then stopped in a clearing. Suddenly, Talonir and Zantar step out of the trees,"I can get around quietly better than you thought," growled Talonir,"we know that eventually you will attempt to defeat the Dark Lord, so we have decided to aid you."
"Fools!You have already endangered that village!"shouted Inanis
"We have no more endangered this village than you have," Zantar said quietly,"and we wish to aid you."
"fine," said Inanis,"for now, just dont get in my way."
as Talonir followed Inanis, he thought,[I]I dont know if I can trust him completely...[/I]