Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I don't post in here much, despite having a lot of art I could show. Who knows why. I think the last thing I showed was that Marilyn Manson wallpaper I did with the paintbrush in Photoshop.

I realize this has problems. The green bird's color is just a bit too much compared to the rest of the picture, for example. I also know the background is a bit dark, but this was meant for printing... and it does look quite a bit better on paper. The birds stand out though, that's all that matters.

As for what I did... well I took a picture of Chicago, a picture of some ducks and a picture of some mountains in Las Vegas and edited them together.

The biggest pain in the *** was mostly cutting the ducks out. The coloring was simple, but time consuming.

Anyway, this was an assignment. As such my heart wasn't truly in it, and it is what it is. Enough work so that I could turn it in and get a good grade, so it's not like a technical or artistic marvel or anything.

I have no desire to work on this any longer. I don't even know that I care for it... I'm mostly posting it because it's still on my server lol.

There's that explanation. I can post a lot more things if anyone cares to see them.

[img]http://www.slownerveaction.org/interweb/birds.jpg[/img]
Posted
[size=1]As I said to you before, I really like this piece of work. I find the ducks really amusing for some reason, and think they were cut out pretty well. So yeah, good work. I don't really have much else to say....

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[color=green]Rainbow ducks, I love them. You've made my day Sem.

I can't find anything wrong with it really, I like the greyish backround, with the color spurt in front. *Saves this for future duck reference*[/color]
Posted
Er ... You sure are strange. :D

Anyway ... the colored ducks are damn cute. (Seems like the sort of cuteness where a word like "damn" is applicable, for some reason.) The mountains behind the buildings strike me as sort of strange ... But that's probably just because mountains behind buildings is generally a strange sight to see. You did nice cutting jobs, too. What was the assignment?

Go for it, post "a lot more things."
Posted
The pink duck looks a bit odd, but aside from that, I must confess to laughing when I saw your picture. The buildings look like they are right where the mountains are, and those damn ducks!!! Heh. Good job, I knnow I would be most interested in seeing more of your work.
Posted
I demand you post some more of your work, just because of the awesome quality of pictures that you take. -nods-



Can I take the purple duck home with me? -snatches-

Oh, I ment to say...the blue and green ducks look like they're made out of soap. ^_^ Verra interesting effect the coloring had on them. -two thumbs up...which is very hard to do when you're holding a squirming, quacking duck-
Posted
Thanks for the nice-ities.

This image has been a pain in my ***. I turned it in with everyone else as a TIFF to be printed. Our teacher submitted them all online to some printing company called Helix here.

I heard randomly that someone's print didn't come out. So when I went to pick it up, guess whose it was? Yeah. Mine. God hates me.

Fine enough. I didn't have to mount the damn thing, which is nice. The teacher told me to come pick it up today. So when I find him today, he tells me he doesn't have it. I'll have to pick it up next quarter, which starts after next week. He told me I got an A on it though.

I would have liked to have seen it on this paper though. Photographic printers can make anything look awesome.
Guest Magdalena
Posted
I would actually take the blur tool and blur the edges around the birds a bit, and darken the background a bit. It's not bad, though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...