Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Anime is just a shortened word for Animation, Manga, on the other hand, is a company who make movies and draw up comics...they are usually violent and can be 18 certificate, or a 15, for example, Street Fighter (the Anime one)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B]Anime is just a shortened word for Animation, Manga, on the other hand, is a company who make movies and draw up comics...they are usually violent and can be 18 certificate, or a 15, for example, Street Fighter (the Anime one) [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering, but that's not the answer I need. What I mean is the different between DBZ in manga and DBZ in Anime.
Guest Voodookanaka
Posted
Before Dragonball Z became popular and PN all comercial u used to be able to read the manga online, there are few differences, little things such as Guldo having his head cut off when he died, some things are missing from the storyline and some are added but it remains pretty much the same.
Posted
Manga isn't a company...

Manga simply means comic in Japanese... it's a Japanese comic...

Manga is usually different from the series... either contains less or more infomation... sometimes parts in the manga aren't animated, and sometimes things in the anime aren't in the manga....

Anyway, I can read the equivalent of 3 episodes of DBZ in the manga in about 20 minutes... it saves time....
Guest Pikeon
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B]Ok TN, I though they made movies. So I thought they were a company. [/B][/QUOTE]
The comix were cool
but when i got the Japene comix's in Japan it took me 3 weeks just to figure out the first page! lol
i suc at Jpenese the only thing i know is Ko-nee-chew-wa
even this aint how ya spell it thats how think you pronouce it
Posted
ahh, yes

-Konnichiwa = hello
-Sayonara = bye
-Juuchai = 18
-Dama = coin or bomb (?!)
-Ki = energy
-Manga = comic

thats it really.
Guest Majin Gohan
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i]
[B]Before Dragonball Z became popular and PN all comercial u used to be able to read the manga online, there are few differences, little things such as Guldo having his head cut off when he died, some things are missing from the storyline and some are added but it remains pretty much the same. [/B][/QUOTE]

I think his head was cut off in the anime too but it was cut from the dub. And 1 dif. between manga DBZ and anime DBZ is that the anime had the Garlic Jr. saga and the manga didn't
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majin Gohan [/i]
[B]

I think his head was cut off in the anime too but it was cut from the dub. And 1 dif. between manga DBZ and anime DBZ is that the anime had the Garlic Jr. saga and the manga didn't [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, Gurudo's head is cut off in the anime too.... they just fail to show that in the dub as you said...

And yeah, as I said, sometimes a manga will include things not in a anime, and the anime may include things not in the anime....
Posted
manga is a japanese term for comic, this is true, but there IS a company called manga which publishes anime's such as fist of the north star, street fighter, perfect blue, etc. BUT the anime's they publish become dubbed....
Posted
[COLOR=indigo]I'm not going off topic, the film is Manga, so is the topic... Tell SS Trunks that he's going off topic too because he is. And I am just eager to see Genocyber...Ok?[/COLOR]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...