Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Alice Cooper


Guest Magdalena

Recommended Posts

Guest Magdalena
Hell yea! I'm going to see him the 18th... I'm so happy. If you all don't know who Alice Cooper is, he's sort of the precurser to Marilyn Manson. He's kickass, and I love his music. You should all definitely check him out.
Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm not a big fan of his. I never really was. He had some good songs and a few good discs, but that's about where my interest ends. It's just casual Whereas Manson is willing to evolve, he kind of found his schtick and stuck with it until people just got tired of it. I'm sometimes surprised he is still around lol.

I do like Billion Dollar Babies though... and I'm sure everyone knows the song School's Out.

Have fun at the show.
Link to post
Share on other sites
[font=gothic][color=indigo]And because he wasn't willing to evolve, his latest stuff is far inferior to his early work. Welcome to my Nightmare was probably the best one he ever did, and whichever album "Give The Kid A Break" is off (I honestly can't remember) would be a close second. But Brutal Planet and the like were boring and simple rehashes, in my opinion. [/font][/color]
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Magdalena [/i]
[B]...Alice Cooper is, he's sort of the precurser to Marilyn Manson. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, he [b]was[/b] the precurser to MM but he's a Christian now so I wouldn't expect any Devil worshipping at the show you're going to.

Anyhoo, I enjoy his music somewhat, and I believe he released a new album today. Enjoy the show!!!
Link to post
Share on other sites
Classic stuff for the time, and I have to agree wholeheartedly with harlequin about the quality degrading as the years progressed, a pretty safe bet is to do what I did and don?t own any of his music that isn?t on vinyl.

Upon riffling through my collection I have so far found that I am in possession of 4 LP's (Lace and Whiskey, Schools out, Goes to hell, Welcome to my nightmare) I do however have a sneaking suspicion that there are more floating around somewhere and I have a 2 LP compilation of the earlier recordings. For Harlequins benefit, "Give the Kid a Break" is the first track on side two of Goes to Hell.

I couldn?t be bothered to disappoint myself buy buying the newer work, and intend to stick with the opinion that he only made good music.

Never seen the man play live, though I would have to imagine he still puts on a good show, on one occasion he managed to put a cutlass I believe it was through his foot, and after deciding that it didn?t hurt too much and with how much the crowd enjoyed it (thinking it was part of the show), he continued on to finish the set and the once backstage made with the blood transfusion.

My favorite song would probably have to be "Billion Dollar Babies" "Cold Ethyl" or "Department of Youth".

You just have to love the last line or so about Donny Osmond in the fade out of "Department of Youth".

I'd love to hear how he's performing nowadays.
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OlgaTheDwarf [/i]
[B]Well, he [b]was[/b] the precurser to MM but he's a Christian now so I wouldn't expect any Devil worshipping at the show you're going to.

Anyhoo, I enjoy his music somewhat, and I believe he released a new album today. Enjoy the show!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]I always got the impression that Manson was probably an atheist from his lyrics?I don?t think that atheists are devil worshippers, hence ?a?theist, or non-believer?

I am not a big fan of Alice Coopers, although he does have a few cool songs (all of which are on the ?Dazed and Confused? soundtracks :)). I did like his brief cameo in Wayne?s World though. [/color]
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I always got the impression that Manson was probably an atheist from his lyrics?I don?t think that atheists are devil worshippers, hence ?a?theist, or non-believer?
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I am well aware that not all atheists are devil worshipers. In fact I was exaggerating a bit with my comment since that seems to be associated with the thought of MM and Alice Cooper (pre-conversion) by quite a few people.
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OlgaTheDwarf [/i]
[B]Well, I am well aware that not all atheists are devil worshipers. In fact I was exaggerating a bit with my comment since that seems to be associated with the thought of MM and Alice Cooper (pre-conversion) by quite a few people. [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=gothic][color=indigo]No, see the point was that [i]no[/i] athiests are devil worshipers, because it's a direct contradiction in terms... You can't be an athiest and still have a system of religious belief.

People called Alice Cooper and MM devil worshipers because they were self-righteous, holier-than-thou, sleep with the lights on style, straight assed aggravations who probably wouldn't know real Satanism if they saw it, and only wanted to ban music they didn't like. Propaganda.

...Not that I want to start a debate or anything.[/font][/color]
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Harlequin [/i]
[B][font=gothic][color=indigo]No, see the point was that [i]no[/i] athiests are devil worshipers, because it's a direct contradiction in terms... You can't be an athiest and still have a system of religious belief.

People called Alice Cooper and MM devil worshipers because they were self-righteous, holier-than-thou, sleep with the lights on style, straight assed aggravations who probably wouldn't know real Satanism if they saw it, and only wanted to ban music they didn't like. Propaganda.

...Not that I want to start a debate or anything.[/font][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Oops, sorry you're right about atheist, I just a little dyslexic and thought I was replying to somehting that said "not all atheist are devil worshipers" and didn't realize it until you pointed it out, thanks.

Anyhoo, yes I realize that many people make those assumptions about MM and Alice Cooper, which is also why many people seem to clump those two together. So if you read my first post I was just replying to the comment made about how they were alike.

I apologize if you took it the wrong way I did not mean to start a debate either.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...