OtakuBoards

deadly diseases

Fyxe

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]I was wondering if anyone had ever faced a deadly disease. I have... when I was 4 I had a terrible disease called Kawasaki Disease. This disease just seems like the flu at first, but it is way worse. When you get it, your temperature skyrockets into the 104-105 range. You are completely weak, it seems like all the life is sucked out of you. I would always refuse to eat and drink. At first all the doctors looked at it as a minor thing and thought my mom was just an overprotective parent. But when she took me to the emergency room the second time, this one doctor was really worried. So I stayed there, but they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. I guess they didn't know about it because it's such a rare disease. Finally a doctor came to look at me... she knew what it was and got me on everything I needed. It took some time, but I finally was back to normal.
I owe my life to that doctor, I am very grateful she came along. It was when I was 9 that I was told I would have died from that disease. I am very happy to be living, it is kinda scary to think I almost died and at such a young age. I'm glad to be here today though.
So... has anyone been through something like this, or has someone you know? Please coment on what you think... or if you have something to say on the fact that you have been through something like that.
Thanks.
--Conna--[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I've suffered many, I've been a sickly child from birth. at a young age I contracted something that caused me to be locked in a medical room for about 3 months, I really don't even remember the name of it since I was young >_< but, I would constnantly be throwing up and stuff.

Well the worst diseases I've had were measels and a really nasty case of the flu. As for being close to dying my brother and I were born 3 months pemature. There is a sort of stick film inside your lungs that keeps them shut while your in the womb and gradually degrades as you mature. Well mine haden't degraded enough and my lungs wouldn't open. The got a tube and puffed them up but punctured the side in the process and had to fix that up too, so you could say my bad experiance came in right from the start. But I'm healthy not I hope :)

[color=teal]Maybe I'm weird... I've never had the chicken pox or flu-ish stuff before. The problem with me is that I'm so vulnerable to diseases that I have to constantly be on guard because I'm always sick with a cold or a fever. My immune system is so terrible, a flu could kill me if I'm not treated carefully.

My mom says I do it to myself because I hardly eat. No nutrition.[/color]

I'd say I'm pretty healthy now, but I did have some problems a few years ago. when I was little (about eight), I had asthma [u]really[/u] bad. I caught pnemonia at age ten, which double-teamed me along with my asthma. I was in the hospital a good week. But aside from that, I've been pretty lucky.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Fate [/i]
[B][color=teal]Maybe I'm weird... I've never had the chicken pox or flu-ish stuff before. The problem with me is that I'm so vulnerable to diseases that I have to constantly be on guard because I'm always sick with a cold or a fever. My immune system is so terrible, a flu could kill me if I'm not treated carefully.

My mom says I do it to myself because I hardly eat. No nutrition.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I hate to break it to you but she's right. poor nutrition leads to the body lacking energy and has to pull it from other systems. And low body temperature also flunks out your bodys systems so that bugs can get past your immune system.
The best way to improve an appetite is to exercise, if you can find a way to go for a jog or walk to work\school or take a run to the shops now and again or go to the gym. Something that combines in with your schedule so your not waisting any time. As they say Tomorrow is the greatest escuse of today, so avoid having to make one and fit it in with what you've already got.

I only had one deadly illness and it was back when I was 5 years old. I don't know what the name of it is but my blood platelets were low and one cut or bruise would have killed me. I had to stay at the hospital for 3 weeks while they injected me full of platelets.

My mom has hepatitis C. There's no cure for it and it kills. There is a medicine that she's taking that can put her into remission. She takes a shot once a week. Its horrible to have her around. The medicine makes her crazy (seriously). She never feels good and gets very angry real easy. I've considered running away a couple of times. My sister is unstable mentally and I've had depresion attacks. Yay! Life rules here!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GrimmFang [/i]
[B]I only had one deadly illness and it was back when I was 5 years old. I don't know what the name of it is but my blood platelets were low and one cut or bruise would have killed me. I had to stay at the hospital for 3 weeks while they injected me full of platelets. [/B][/QUOTE]

The name of that is hemophilia.I learned about it in science last year.(Go genitics!)
Well the closes I came to a medical problem was when I was 2.My grandfathers an electrican(sorry I can't spell today)so we have thi shuge garge full of all sorts of tools and stuff,and one day I was playing with a refridgerator(sp?) dolly and it back on me and I hit my head on a lawnmower battery.I had to go the hospital and get stiches,but that's about it.

I cant relate to yall but does anyone realize how like after awhile the hype of a worldwide known deadly disease stops....I.E. Anthrax, S.A.R.S.

Um..... SARs ceased spreading because health officials worldwide were working around the clock to stop it. I'm not exactly sure what you meant to say, but I thought I ought to clarify that. The hype usually dies down because the disease itself has been controlled.

Also, anthrax isn't technically a disease. It's a biological substance.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dagger IX1 [/i]
[B]Um..... SARs ceased spreading because health officials worldwide were working around the clock to stop it. I'm not exactly sure what you meant to say, but I thought I ought to clarify that. The hype usually dies down because the disease itself has been controlled. [/B][/QUOTE]
No because there was nothing to hype in the first place. They keep on raving about 80 or so people dying of sars when tens of thousands die from the flue every year.

Yea thats true. A new disease gets hours of coverage, but old deadly diseases get ignored.

Me? I'm one of the healthiest people I know. Even though I sit around on forums like this ALL DAY snd eat more thatn anyone I weigh 125 pounds. I love matobolism (sp?). People tell me to enjoy it while I have it, so I dont bother exercising. The worst thing I've ever gotten is mono (which put me in bed for 2 weeks straight), and this bug I get everytime the season changes. The this realy rare skin disease called like Plebas or something like that. It looks just like the chicken pox, but it doesnt go away so I had to get UV treatment for it to get rid of it. No one in my family has ever died of a disease like that either.... Thats realy weird.

[color=crimson]I have Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis, but thankfully that stopped being something that could kill me a few months ago. My liver is almost back to being fully normal, so everything should be a-ok.

Aside from that, I am a pre-diabetic. I believe the worst thing that could occur from that is a coma- and that would occur only if I stupidly consume more sugar than anyone ever should.[/color]

[SIZE=1]No.. I've never had a deadly desease before.. I havn't even had the chicken pox yet..

But.. Conna, your story has enlightened me.. It makes me happy, to be alive. Perhaps some day, I will catch a deadly desease.. If I do, I'll still have hope.. There is always some reason to keep living, to keep going on with life.. There is always a reason, even if it cannot be seen, it's there, somewhere, waiting to be discovered..[/SIZE]

I really do not get sick. Hardly ever.
The worst time I got sick was when I had a minor flu and I kept on throwing up, and had to drink ginger ale all day. It really works :)
I haven't even had the chicken pox yet, and it's been like 7 years since the last time I got sick. I'm getting a physical with my doctor soon so I'm just checking.
And my best friend has a big scar on her leg, and she didn't have it when she was born. And so she went to her doctor to see if it had soemthing to do with cancer, thank god it wasn't cause if my best friend died I would cry forever :(
But otherwise Conna, your story makes me feel happy about being alive. I hope I don't get cancer or something when I get older.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zeos [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]No.. I've never had a deadly desease before.. I havn't even had the chicken pox yet..

But.. Conna, your story has enlightened me.. It makes me happy, to be alive. Perhaps some day, I will catch a deadly desease.. If I do, I'll still have hope.. There is always some reason to keep living, to keep going on with life.. There is always a reason, even if it cannot be seen, it's there, somewhere, waiting to be discovered..[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]I'm glad you feel that way, I have been through many terrible and rough things. But the people I cared for and loved had always gotten my through it. I always have hope now whenever I'm going through something rough. That desease really gave me a hard time and there are some things it did to affect me now. Such as, I stopped growing while I had it, hence the fact that I am a little shorter than I should be and it gave me a bad stomach sickness, but hey, thank god for pills! Thanks for giving me your coments![/COLOR][/SIZE]

there was a kid a year younger than me who used to ride my bus. i always thought he was a mean, perverted kid...
he ended up having some kind of cancer. after spending so much time in the hospital, one day he died.
i dont know why.....it was hard to understand, just the fact a 16 year old died....
i was sad :/