OtakuBoards

The Great Escape

Zidargh

[size=1][color=darkblue]After many long years of hearing my dad rave on about Steve McQueen's classics, I got [i]The Great Escape[/i] on DVD. I found it fantastic.

It was so good I watched it the night after aswell. They don't make films like this anymore in my opinion, now to watch the special features.

You have to love the theme tune aswell. I apologise in advance for such a short post, I will probably edit this later. So what are your views on the film?[/color][/size]

I love the great escape,its is on every christmas in the u.k,i watch it every year,ive never seen the special features.I would get pissed off if they make a re-make because you cant really make it as good as the original.
The theme tune is a classic aswell,in england it is associated with football,you can hear it being played by fans in the stadium in almost every intenational game

[size=1] I haven't actually seen the film, the whole way through but of the bits that I have seen, they are really good. The theme tune is a classic as I have heard it so many times, with adverts on TV and with the football and with Zidargh constantly whistling it to me. Also I have the game although its not the film it's really good and if your a fan of the film I recommend you get the game. [/size]

[color=green][b]I love this movie![/b] It is so great. Not only does it have Steve Mcqueen, but James Garner, and so many others. I first saw it many years ago, and even before I became obsessed with movies, I could appreciate that one. I really have a connection with Garner's character, comparable to Red from the Shawshank Redemption, the man who can get anything. Maybe not a connection, but I love that character.[/color]