OtakuBoards

Megaman X theory

Cecil

This a thought provoking question for all the megaman fans. Do you think that X and megaman are one and the same? Or not? If you have an answer to this please state your theory.

My theory is that sometime after Megaman 9 or at the end of 9 (hasn't been made yet and I don't know if they plan on doing it)
Megaman almost or does kill Dr. Wily. This is aganist the Laws of robotics. I think they where

1. A robot must never kill a human Being.
2. A robot must try to self preserve them self
3. A robot must obey all orders of their human master unless it violats the first or second Law of Robotics.

According to this theory he almost breaks the first rule of robotics and Dr. Light must put him in the pod to test that he won't kill.

Like I said before, if you plan on answering please state your theory.

It's been a while since I brushed up on Megaman/X

They are one and the same...but X is played out in the far future.

I think Megaman, being Zero's brother? Share the same architechture in their circutry. Since Zero is older, he's the one who breaks first and defies all the rules of robotics. MegaMan will ultimatley do the same thing when he grows older. I haven't played X5 yet...but X4 suggested that MegaMan's mind does break, much like Zero's in the future.

Nah I dont think they are the same/one I think their different from different time events one in present where Megaman is and one in the future which is the time where X is.
There was a eposode where X and Megaman teamed up on Spark Madrill.

Well thats my theory.:)

I agree with RicoTranzrig to a certain extent

wasn't magaman able to take off his helmet? wasn't he once a human?In magaman 2 it actually is a human dressed in blue holding a gun.

Isn't magaman x a pure robot? There's no profe he isn't becaus it doesn't state anything in any of the magaman x games.

Time to add more to my thoery.

If you condider Zero X's brother than Zero is Protoman. BTW Treble Are you talking about the cartoon? I don't think it really counts. I actually think that X is megaman and Zero is Protoman. Also I think megaman was once a human, he let Dr. Light experement on him to turn him into a robot/human thus creating the first Reploid. Dr. Wily being the stealing scumbag he is heard about the "X project" (putting megaman in the capsule and testing him) stole the idea, somehow got Protoman back on his side and put him into the capsule so he could still have someone to carry out his planes once he is dead, but since he stole the plans from Dr. Light he turned him into a reploid capable of chosing his own destiny. BTW if you want a megaman forum check out the suggestions.

I'm not very good with pun's so I didn't get it but here's more.

Before Wily put Protoman in the capsule he inserted a virus into his circut's (Zero Virus), which turns Peploids into Mavricks as soon as Zero came out of the capsule than he infect's some robot's, although I'm not sure if they where reploid's. If X came out first than there might be some reploid's but If Zero came first he would be the only 1. He infected the robot's and they where the first Mavricks, then the Mavrick Hunters where created with Sigma the head hunter. All of you that have played X4 knows what happens next, but for all that haven't Sigma and Zero have this cool fight and it end's up with both of them beating the crap out of each other, also the crystal on Zero's head breaks which I think released the Virus and turned Sigma into a Mavrick and Zero turned good because he wasn't completly destroyed.

I think they are very different. One becasue of the time frame of the differnece. X is in the Faaarr future, people change over time....

Was it really that far? It was about a hundred years and X was in the Pod for a pretty long time. As for having a different personality I think they wiped his memory because of something that happened after MM8.

• 2 weeks later...