OtakuBoards

Chicago?

Aries_t3h_ph34r

The movie Chicago...It's not the best movie I've ever seen in my life, but it was alright.I agree with most people in saying that the dance and music was excellant but, who else who saw that music constantly has songs like When your good to Mama, cell Block Tango, or All that Jazz stuck in your head.Personally it drives my friends nuts cause when I have a song stuck in my head I start singing then I'll start dancing-nod-.

[size=1][color=sienna]I don't know about you guys, but one of my favorite parts of Chicago was John C. Riley, all the way. Mr. Cellophane was the best.

I loved the movie, but I love musicals. The dancing was incredible in the movie - imagine all the work they did for that. I saw something about the making, and about the bruises they all got from all the props they used (i.e. chairs), and all I can say is that's some real devotion to a role. And [i]that's[/i] acting.

Compared to the broadway version (at least the singing), I think the characters were well-matched. Richard Gere made a great Mr. Flint, but I think I liked the broadway version of him better. Catherine Zeta-Jones and broadway Velma were equal, and I love her character either way. Renee Zelwegger (I haven't the slightest idea of how that's actually spelled) was better than broadway Roxie, Mama Morton was equal, and if you couldn't tell already, I'd take Mr. Riley over that other guy any day.

So that's my opinion, anyway.[/color][/size]

[size=1]*laughs* Favorite song?

I really don't know. / I'd have to see it again. Once or twice. Or three times. Or--well, you get it. [i]Mr. Cellophane[/i] was great, heh. He was the perfect part for that role. (Um...that doesn't sound like quite the right way to say that, but you know what I mean.)

I liked the Cell Block Tango, too. And the Razzle-Dazzle song--the flipping back and forth was great on that one. / [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arcadia [/i]
[B][size=1][color=sienna]I don't know about you guys, but one of my favorite parts of Chicago was John C. Riley, all the way. Mr. Cellophane was the best.
[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]*hugs you*

Chicago is awesome. besides Mr. Cellophane, my favorite was Cell Block Tango, too. We Both Reached for the Gun is my next favorite. I really like the way they did the whole 'ventriloquist' thing. after I borrowed the soundtrack from a friend at school, I couldn't get any of the songs out of my head for weeks. the dancing was great. the whole look of the movie in general fit really well. Roxie and Velma were both awesome. didn't know either of them could sing up until I heard about Chicago, lol. and of course Queen Latifah was great, lol.[/FONT]

[size=1][color=sienna]Yes, yes KnightoftheRose, definitely do see it. Even if you aren't quite into the whole singing and dancing thing, it's still a fun movie.

I agree with the Ventriloquist comment. The make-up for that was astounding. And the timing. And the lighting. And the dancing and acting, especially. Me and a friend would lip-synch to that song; it was such a blast. I love the soundtrack, and I've had it for awhile. So imagine me going to see it with my roomie, already knowing all the words. It was so hard not to sing along. I tried, I really did.[/color][/size]

[size=1]You can actually get the ventriloquist song? I can't sing it--I always muff up.

Oh no we both we both we both we both oh yes we both reached for the gun the gun no yes--WHAT?! *laughs* I love to watch it and listen to it, but it'll be awhile before I can get it straight, heh.[/size]

I thought the movie was great! Like Arcadia, I just love musicals. My only complaint w/ Chicago is that the costumes were often very skimpy.
I'd have to say that "Cell Block Tango" is my fave, but really, all of the songs are good. I would recommend the movie to anyone who doesn't get upset about girls in trashy clothes.