Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I've found that many people don't really understand the Roman Catholic Church and its teachings and often end up with bad opinions of it since they've been misinformed. :( I have to take an Apologetics class (learning to defend the Faith) next semester, and I like to get some practice and maybe start some interesting discussions.
So, here's my challenge: post your questions about the Catholic Church. I'll try to check this as often as possible and answer them. I do request that you don't be rude or offensive about this; I understand that a lot of ppl have bones to pick with the Church, but I can't be held responsible for every bad Catholic out there. (Yes, there are good and bad Catholics, just like there are good and bad Americans and good and bad caucasians, etc.)
Let me know what you guys think. And, moderators, if you think this is a bad idea, go ahead and get rid of it. I don't want to cause problems. :)
Posted
How do icons fit in with your religion? The definition we recieved in history class was rather vague. Also, what exactly is confessing your sins? (not sure what it's called) I don't really understand that.
Posted
Seems like we had a thread similar to this a few months back and it got closed...

Besides, lots of people say lots of things which they know very little about. We could have thousands of threads like this.
Posted
[color=#707875]My first question was going to be "You actually take an apologetics class?" Doesn't that indicate something? lol

Oh well. I tend to agree with wrist cutter. You're asking people to ask you questions...which you can rebut. The problem is that this is a confrontational way of dealing with the discussion. And I think, the more we can minimize these discussions, the better. [/color]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...