Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[size=1] This movie was actually enjoyable--quite so, if I shall say.

It seems absurd at first, the entire arc of it--it mainly covers Jack Black[spoiler] subbing as a teacher, and forming his students into a band and getting them to play at a battle of the bands. [/spoiler] This is the movie in a nutshell. But it's so much better than it sounds.

They actually pull off what the movie is about...the movie actually doesn't make it all seem so absurd. And anyone that loves music will love this. It's like just living in music the entire movie. I mean, it starts, there's Jack Black in his room, a "NIN" sticker plastered on his wall, Cannibal Corpse sticker, other stickers. It's great.

I would go on, but I'm limited for time.

This movie is a good ride, though. Really refreshing. Not to mention Jack Black is one of the funniest people alive in my opinion.[/size]
Posted
He loses some points for the Lunachicks sticker.

It wasn't bad. I got dragged to see it over the weekend. It's not like so funny that you'll cry, but it has some good jokes on it. The molestation one was pretty funny. The cracks about good music were good too.

The best part of it was probably the soundtrack. It's almost nothing but 70s and 80s rock like AC/DC, Bowie and so on.

If you've seen his other movies, you know what to expect. It's not overly goofy... it's another of those "heart warming" style comedies.
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Ok. . my only real complaint is that this is a Jack Black movie. Sure, he is pretty funny, but watching his antics through one whole movie >_< It's a bit much! I loved him in Saving Silverman, because he wasn't the movie. . in this movie. . it's all about him! That was just a bit dissapointing, as I thought for once, he would be a bit toned down from his usual role.

I really loved Joan Cusack in this movie, and though she added the necessary touch to the movie that Jack Black seemed to suck away.

The kids were pretty good at acting, and I was pleasantly surprised that they acted that good. Of course the music was top shelf, and I found myself singing along with most of the songs played (much to my friends many pleas to shut up) . . . I love being an idiot! ^_^

I give this movie 6 out of 10 (the music, the kids and Joan Cusack gives it a lot of props) [/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
Yes I'm not the only one to see this movie! Yeah I think Jack Black could have done a better job....if anyone has seen his "Tribute" music vedio you know what I mean. It was funny but not omigod-I can't laugh out loud anymore cause my I've used it all up so now I'm just silently shaking and gasping for breath-laugh. But it was still funny. I thought the kids were pretty good too. I loved the part where [spoiler] they didn't get to auddtition so they pretended they were termainal[/spoiler]. That was halrious. Hey did anybody else think that the drummer, Freddie Jones, looked a lot like Drac Malfoy from the HP series? I thought he did...but it isn't.....
Posted
[size=1] When the hangover joke was cracked, my friend and I couldn't stop laughing and shut up because I had just been pretending I was having a hangover.

But anyways, I enjoyed the movie. Gave me a strange reminder of Big Daddy. >_< It wasn't the best, wasn't bad, probably one of the better movies I've seen. [God, everything looks excellent next to a Live-action Sailor Moon movie][/size]
Posted
I loved the movie. I'm a big Tenacious D follower so naturally I'm very biased towards Jack Black. The only thing disappointing is that the Ministry sticker in his van only got one shot :( . [SPOILER]I liked that MTV crack he made when lecturing about "The Man"[/SPOILER]. I was also surprised to find that the ending concert song was actually very catchy. Oh yes, how could I forget? The gay kid was absolutely hilarious!
Posted
[size=1]I went to see this movie with my sister one afternoon. She really liked it. I thought it was decent, but nothing I'd see again. There were some funny parts, but it really didn't keep my interest. [/size]
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]I have to say for the most part like many others this was quite the decent movie. It was Enjoyable I laughed at the Molestation joke but that was about it.

I think the main reason I went to see it was because of the rock part itself and being dragged along. I had actually wanted to see Mystic River, but that wasn't my choice.

If they make a soundtrack as well I'm sure I might check it out considering all the rock music that it would contain. Unless for some odd reason they just made cover version of all the songs which would suck.[/color][/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...