Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
My friend keeps sending me their stuff over AIM. I don't know why, but he does.

I gave it a fair chance. I wasn't exactly impressed. He keeps going on and on about the guitars, but it's pretty standard stuff. The vocals and everything else just makes them sound like every other band of their type out there right now.

That's my opinion anyway.
Posted
I like Yellowcard! The violins in their songs sounded weird to me at first, but now I'm really likin' it. My favorite songs by them from the newest CD are [i]Miles Apart, Ocean Avenue, Only One[/i] and [i]Breathing[/i]. They were just in State College a few weeks ago, but I didn't go.
Posted
I think they're pretty good too. The violins give it a different sound. The only song I've heard from them is Way Away so I can't be sure that they are good. From what I have heard they are awsome though.
Posted
*falls*

You mean you made a thread about the band and you've only heard one song? There's definitely a loss of credibility going on here......

Get the latest CD. If you like [i]Way Away[/i], you'll probably also enjoy most of the songs on "Ocean Avenue". The only one I can truely say that I can't listen to is [i]View From Heaven[/i] because the violin is so prevalent at the beginning you'd think it was a country how-down. lol

*falls again*
Posted
Haha, yeah Yellowcard is really good from what I have heard! I think I have only heard like 4 songs tho but they would be someone I would d/l to get their cd's...since all I do usually is d/l them, but lately I havent been able to d/l much b/c of how slow my comp. is but they are for sure someone to check out more of! You can't just listen to one or 2 songs and then judge them. At least give it 3! But I have to say they really are very good and I agree with Dan totally on this one...as I usually do with music! LOL!

Love, Kaola Su
Posted
Hey, that is cool, it wasn't stupid, you were just asking about them!

Well, it has been a while for me too but as far as I can tell you didn't break any rules or anything!

Love, Kaola Su
Posted
Putting you down was not my intention for my last post. I just thought it was kinda funny.

They are definitely worth checking into more heavily than you already have. Hahaha!
Posted
I realy like yellowcard. I have turned most of my friends on to it too. My favorite song is october nights and way away. I think the violin adds something that other bands dont have. It is a good band and i only wish more people have heard of it.
Posted
I'm with Semjaza on this. They are none too original, sound pretty much the same as most other post-punk/emo clones out there :/

What's the big deal about the violins? There are tons of rock bands that integrate more than the traditional 3 instruments into their music. Check out some Ska.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...