OtakuBoards

Baseball anyone?

Pex

Now I know baseball has hit a slight downfall in recent years, but how can anyone not be watching the postseason this year? It has been packed with drama and excitement from around every corner. At the moment it is the New York Yankees vs. the Boston Red Sox for the ALCS (American League Championship Series) with the Yankees leading 3 games to 2. The next is the Florida Marlins vs. the Chicago Cubs for the NLCS (National League Championship Series). All four teams are competing for a chance to go to the World Series, and unless you have been living under a rock you have to have at least heard about Pedro Martinez of the Red Sox using New York Yankees coach Don Zimmer's head as a bowling ball.

Plus with the fact that two teams, the Red Sox and the Cubs are playing under the shadow of a curse and are struggling to end it. Red Sox with the Curse if the Bambino and the Cubs with the Curse of the Billy Goat.

That's only the beginning...

So I was wondering what everyone else thought, who they like, don't like, if you believe in the "Curses" or not.

Me, I want the Yankees (GO YANKEES!), I've been I Yankees fan such I was young so I really want them to win. Also, I don't believe in the curses, they are a joke and that they are excuses designed to make people feel better about there teams.

I don't think that any team that has ever existed has made me hate them more than the Yankees have. I absolutely despise them...I wouldn't give a crap if they didn't win any World Series' for the next million years (in fact, I'd be positively giddy).

Me, I'm going with the popular choice of a Cubs/Red Sox World Series just because it would be a great moment for baseball. Two teams that have gone forever without being in a World Series, much less winning one...you know the both of them would be fighting tooth and nail to win. It would be great.

I wouldn't mind the Marlins getting into the World Series, since that would make for a nice story, too. They almost get Contracted buy Major League Baseball and come back to the World Series. That would be plenty cool.

But as long as the Yankees lose, I'm happy :D

Are you saying I live under a rock? LOL. I am not a big baseball fan but I know which teams I want to win. Personally, no offense, I do not LIKE the Yankees. My favorite teams are probably the dodgers and the Mets and neither are in there. Its too bad I dont know any Japanese teams. They worship baseball there (j/k). Out of those teams I say GO FLORIDA

I'm not a big fan of baseball, but seeing as though I'm in Chicago... the whole Cubs thing is unavoidable. I put on Fox to watch the Simpsons and get games instead and I don't bother to change it.

So I've watched a couple of Cubs games. Last night ended really, really badly heh. That guy who interfered with the catch is actually in hiding here right now. He's incredibly unpopular here, but what can you do. I think the main problem was that they just left Prior in for far too long. They set themselves up for all that happened.

Hopefully they'll win tonight. Wood can take care of it all, I'm sure.

I like it here under my rock, nice and shady ^_^ I positively hate baseball. I live in Florida so there's a big hullabaloo about that here, even though I'm not exactly rooting for the Marlins. Yuck, what ugly uniform colors. I hope the Yankees don't win either. I'm always glad when the underdog wins, so whoever the underdog is, GO YOU!!!

Yeah that's a good point, they probably did have Prior in to long, but at that time he was pitching one heck of a game and showed no sign of letting up. Yet I think that if Alou didn't get as furious as he did, the chaos that ensued might not have ever happened. I think he just got the whole team worked up and only made things worse. Yet, Wood, he's real good, I think he can handle the pressure. I would like to see the Cubs or even the Marlins make it to the World Series, but the Red Sox...no way. I just can't stand them, it just would bother me a lot if they made it. Although, if they do make it, whoever the winner of the NLCS is the GO FLORIDA/CHICAGO!

Oh man way too much pressure right now. Game 7 Yankees vs. Red sox. Clemens vs. Martinez. I don't know if I can take it. I really want the Yankees to win. Lots of drama this time.

The NLCS Game 7 on the other hand was quite a letdown. Kerry Wood didn't have his stuff last night and it was kind if dissapointing. Yet the Marlins aren't a bad team so I'm not that mad that they made to the World Series.

So now the real question is any new predictions, now that were heading down the home stretch?

[size=5] NEW YORK YANKEES![/size]

[size=1]:toothy: Well, first I rooted for the Braves since I'm from Georgia, then the Cubs since I know tons of people in Chicago and I don't like Florida, and now the New York Yankees I've always liked them. ^_^ I hope the get into the world series. [/size]

The Red Sox are currently beating the Yankees 4-1 at the top of the 6th ^_^ If the Yankees lose, I will be the happiest person in the world. I really wanted the Cubs/Sox WS but I could hang with a Marlins/Sox Series...especially if the Sox win. I'm not a big Red Sox fan but I've always been a big fan of Pedro Martinez (Don Zimmer had it coming, people...he was practically trying to tackle him).

*crosses fingers and hopes that the Red Sox hold out for the win*

The Yankees Win!!! Thhhheeee Yankees Win!!! Woo Hoo!!! What a great it was spectacular on both sides of the field. Aaron Boone hit the game winning home run in the final 11 innings. The final score was 6-5 Yankees. It was one of the best games I have seen. There has to be some comments about this game, it was a great game, a classic game. The Curse continues...

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I'm a Braves fan, but I also appreciate the Marlins because I'm from South Florida and have seen them since their establishment.

I'm going on Wednesday to the World Series. I'm terribly disappointed that a team as boring and repetitive as the Yankees is again in the October classic. Then again, the way the Red Sox screwed up was unacceptable, although not as much as the so-disappointing-to-the-point-of-laughter Cubbies.[/color][/font]