OtakuBoards

Rave Master

Kyo no Ryu

[quote]
If youve even rea just one page tell me what you thought.
[/quote]
LOL, thats what i actually did. I went to target and saw it there. ANd just started reading it ^^;;. I read about the first...4 or so pages i think. It seemed pretty cool, although i was buying a gundam model kit, so i didnt bring enough money to buy that too :sweat:
I might buy it though considering u said it was really good...

Unfortunately I've never read it, but I have seen the first couple episodes of the anime (I kept meaning to PM you back about it, Eternal Otaku, but I just kept forgetting ... sorry) :sweat: Anyway, the anime is pretty funny. And also, actually, pretty bad. I mean ... it's very amusing, and a good waste of time, but doesn't go very in-depth, introduces characters and then doesn't bother expanding on them, and has one of those plot --> side-plot --> side-plot type wandering storylines. Well, I suppose I've only seen five episodes or so, but that's at least the impression I got.

It still is pretty enjoyable to watch, though. And perhaps the manga is different.

I remember I was sitting in Borders reading manga, when I saw this weird manga cover of two teenagers at a rave and the title said "Rave Master."

Most misleading manga cover ever.

It's still pretty good, though. A lot of wacky humor, and even wackier characters. It does have sort of a wandering storyline, but some of the sideplots always seem to cross paths with the main plot. I've only read the first 3 or 4 volumes, though. I'd forgotten all about it lately, because I was waiting too long for the next volumes to be released. Thanks for reminding me.

I think I read somewhere that Cartoon Network is trying to acquire and air the anime for next year. Could just be a rumor, though.

I actually recently purchased the anime for a friend, due to the fact that his parents were sort of against him ordering on the internet, but I still havn't seen any of it myself. He's already gotten past the first 4 DVDs or so out of 6, and hopefully when he finished we'll be able to watch it at anime club some time. Until then, I can only wait, but by all of your accounts it sounds like a decent anime. ^_^ Maybe I'll convince him to let me borrow it soon..

Yeah I know, I cant import anything because of credit problems. Oh well. It is coming to Cartoon Network in 2004 and will have 51 episodes and 18 manga books. 5 are out in English owned by Tokyopop. The next will be released early december. Other manga that are like it: n/a. Other anime: n/a, though its a little like that Jing anime. The origonal ceator was Hiro Mashima. He created it for a shonen magazine when he was 21. It has video games, anime, merchandise, the works.

I could definitely see it being the creation of a 21-year-old guy, somehow. Random storyline ... random hot girl with big guns ... one guy with a huge cool sword who gets to go around beating people up ... Yeah.

I'll be sure to finish watching the series when I have time ... (which is never)

[color=green]I've always known this series as Groove Adventure Rave, so when I saw it at B. Dalton one day, I was a bit confused about the Rave Master title.

I became a mini-fan of the series when I first saw it on a site I constantly visited. This was before it was released in any other country but Japan, so everything she had found on it was in...well, Japanese. Thank the Lord for Babblefish.^~

I found out that the Groove Adventure Rave/Rave Master series was not only a manga, but an anime, and a video game being made for Gamecube. Sadly, this game has only been released in good 'ol Japan, lucky people.

I've always found the storyline quite humorous, even if it seems a bit jumpy at the start. A good read manga-wise, though I can't be sure about the anime, I've never seen it.^^()[/color]

Guest piledriver12r1
i didnt read this rave master book but ive already wathced some of the episodes of it in tv. it is titled rave groove adventure.

i think it's kinda nice to watch it that to read it but i know one friend of mine that has rave master volume 4, maybe ill borrow it from him and try to read it.

for me, im gonna rate it 8/10

Rave Master seemed pretty cool to me from what I saw. (only the first volume manga, this is why I hate living in Canada.) Anyway, I intend to purchase some more volumes over the internet, once I can bring myself to do it. (Ordering over the net annoys me for some reason.)

The story seemed very basic from what I saw, guy learns his destiny is to bring down an evil corporation...and battle ensues. The story didn't seem like much, but I do like the action, and I am a little curious about how it will continue. I also find the Japanese worded sound effects amusing for some reason, even though I can't read them. The Ten Commandments is also really cool, and I want to see what other shapes it has.

Well, that's about all I can think of for now, I'll get back to you once I read more than one volume.

P.S. I get confused whenever someone calls it "Groove Adventure Rave." Is that the Japanese title translated?