Kyo no Ryu Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 Who else has read Rave Master? I have all 5 volumes and its my fave. It has a cool author and is very unusual. What do you think about it? Personally I think its great. [b]10/10[/b]. If youve even rea just one page tell me what you thought.
Shippo Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 [quote] If youve even rea just one page tell me what you thought. [/quote] LOL, thats what i actually did. I went to target and saw it there. ANd just started reading it ^^;;. I read about the first...4 or so pages i think. It seemed pretty cool, although i was buying a gundam model kit, so i didnt bring enough money to buy that too :sweat: I might buy it though considering u said it was really good...
terra Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 Unfortunately I've never read it, but I have seen the first couple episodes of the anime (I kept meaning to PM you back about it, Eternal Otaku, but I just kept forgetting ... sorry) :sweat: Anyway, the anime is pretty funny. And also, actually, pretty bad. I mean ... it's very amusing, and a good waste of time, but doesn't go very in-depth, introduces characters and then doesn't bother expanding on them, and has one of those plot --> side-plot --> side-plot type wandering storylines. Well, I suppose I've only seen five episodes or so, but that's at least the impression I got. It still is pretty enjoyable to watch, though. And perhaps the manga is different.
Manic Webb Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 I remember I was sitting in Borders reading manga, when I saw this weird manga cover of two teenagers at a rave and the title said "Rave Master." Most misleading manga cover ever. It's still pretty good, though. A lot of wacky humor, and even wackier characters. It does have sort of a wandering storyline, but some of the sideplots always seem to cross paths with the main plot. I've only read the first 3 or 4 volumes, though. I'd forgotten all about it lately, because I was waiting too long for the next volumes to be released. Thanks for reminding me. I think I read somewhere that Cartoon Network is trying to acquire and air the anime for next year. Could just be a rumor, though.
Syk3 Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 I actually recently purchased the anime for a friend, due to the fact that his parents were sort of against him ordering on the internet, but I still havn't seen any of it myself. He's already gotten past the first 4 DVDs or so out of 6, and hopefully when he finished we'll be able to watch it at anime club some time. Until then, I can only wait, but by all of your accounts it sounds like a decent anime. ^_^ Maybe I'll convince him to let me borrow it soon..
Aya_Fujimiya_42 Posted October 18, 2003 Posted October 18, 2003 YEAH!!! Groove Adventure Rave Aka Rave Master I Have All the Volumes so far. I LOVE IT, there is also a Gamecube video game..
Kyo no Ryu Posted October 18, 2003 Author Posted October 18, 2003 Yeah I know, I cant import anything because of credit problems. Oh well. It is coming to Cartoon Network in 2004 and will have 51 episodes and 18 manga books. 5 are out in English owned by Tokyopop. The next will be released early december. Other manga that are like it: n/a. Other anime: n/a, though its a little like that Jing anime. The origonal ceator was Hiro Mashima. He created it for a shonen magazine when he was 21. It has video games, anime, merchandise, the works.
terra Posted October 19, 2003 Posted October 19, 2003 I could definitely see it being the creation of a 21-year-old guy, somehow. Random storyline ... random hot girl with big guns ... one guy with a huge cool sword who gets to go around beating people up ... Yeah. I'll be sure to finish watching the series when I have time ... (which is never)
Mei Posted October 19, 2003 Posted October 19, 2003 [color=green]I've always known this series as Groove Adventure Rave, so when I saw it at B. Dalton one day, I was a bit confused about the Rave Master title. I became a mini-fan of the series when I first saw it on a site I constantly visited. This was before it was released in any other country but Japan, so everything she had found on it was in...well, Japanese. Thank the Lord for Babblefish.^~ I found out that the Groove Adventure Rave/Rave Master series was not only a manga, but an anime, and a video game being made for Gamecube. Sadly, this game has only been released in good 'ol Japan, lucky people. I've always found the storyline quite humorous, even if it seems a bit jumpy at the start. A good read manga-wise, though I can't be sure about the anime, I've never seen it.^^()[/color]
OmegaWeapon Posted October 22, 2003 Posted October 22, 2003 I have all five of the Rave Master comic books. I have decided to collect them all when they come out one by one.
Guest piledriver12r1 Posted October 24, 2003 Posted October 24, 2003 i didnt read this rave master book but ive already wathced some of the episodes of it in tv. it is titled rave groove adventure. i think it's kinda nice to watch it that to read it but i know one friend of mine that has rave master volume 4, maybe ill borrow it from him and try to read it. for me, im gonna rate it 8/10
Wondershot Posted October 25, 2003 Posted October 25, 2003 Rave Master seemed pretty cool to me from what I saw. (only the first volume manga, this is why I hate living in Canada.) Anyway, I intend to purchase some more volumes over the internet, once I can bring myself to do it. (Ordering over the net annoys me for some reason.) The story seemed very basic from what I saw, guy learns his destiny is to bring down an evil corporation...and battle ensues. The story didn't seem like much, but I do like the action, and I am a little curious about how it will continue. I also find the Japanese worded sound effects amusing for some reason, even though I can't read them. The Ten Commandments is also really cool, and I want to see what other shapes it has. Well, that's about all I can think of for now, I'll get back to you once I read more than one volume. P.S. I get confused whenever someone calls it "Groove Adventure Rave." Is that the Japanese title translated?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now