OtakuBoards

Cuncussions

Meteora

[color=666666][size=1][i]Has anyone ever had one. I did for the first time on THursday. It was during a Football game against Ramona. I just took one to many shots to the head. Well anyways tell me you experiences with Cuncussions.[/color][/size][/i]

Concussions?

Well, I worked as a Student Athletic Trainer (aka bandaid man), so I saw plenty of sports injuries including concussions. I learned fairly early on how to diagnose and check for concussions. Do you recall what they asked you? Usually I'd ask people where they were, what the president is, to count backwards from 30, etc.

One person who had a concussion kept repeating himself over and over. It was a fairly long phrase.. something like "He hit me good coach, I think I'm going to be ok. I sure hope I can get back in there." He kept repeating it over and over like a broken record. Despite the seriousness of the moment, it took alot of control to prevent myself from bursting into laughter.

Guest PhoenixFlame
not me...when i get injured i get up punch or hit myself near where it hurts it stops hurting and i get up and pop my neck then walk off..i dont always need to punch myself near the injury though...for instace i got hit in the side of the face by a football which made the nose piece of my glasses touch the bone in my nose...i let my nose bleed for like 1 and a half hours until i got out of pe then i asked to go the the office to waste time and get out of keyboarding class :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PhoenixFlame [/i]
[B]not me...when i get injured i get up punch or hit myself near where it hurts it stops hurting and i get up and pop my neck then walk off..i dont always need to punch myself near the injury though...for instace i got hit in the side of the face by a football which made the nose piece of my glasses touch the bone in my nose...i let my nose bleed for like 1 and a half hours until i got out of pe then i asked to go the the office to waste time and get out of keyboarding class :) [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][size=1]......... *Gives you a cookie for being smart*

As I know, I have never had a cuncussion, but my mother's friend's daughter keeps getting them. One was from jumping, then jumping, then jumping some more. She is such a smart little girl who loves jumping, and loves getting cuncussions......... [I]little kids are so stupid it is funny[/I].[/COLOR][/size]

Guest PhoenixFlame
hmm interesting...shes prolly gonna be a person who can jump 20 feet into the air....if she doesnt get paralyzed first

Whoa cuncussions. I have had a few of those. I am a quaterback and have a sorry offensive line so what do you think is going to happen. When you have so many you get kind of use to them. Now when t happens it just seems like a nap for me.

The fist time it happened was back when I was in 5th grade trying out for the middle school team. My center got the play wrong and let the dude run straight threw and he hit as hard as he could my helmet fell off and I was laying there in anthoer world.

The second was doing the middle school championship game. I was doing the QB sneak because we just needed inches but it went wrong because the offensive line went down to fast and the defense just jumped over and take me out.

The thrid happen in the first game this season when I was rushing for extra yards and got blind sided by the safety and that was anthoer one.

Guest PhoenixFlame
hmmm i have a hard skull so i ussually dont get broken bones and such...i only broke one bone my wrist when i was five i was outside playing with this huge rubber ball and i hit it hard it snapped my wrist back and when i was trying to get my mom i kept trying to open the door with my broken hand....:P

C[b]O[/b]NCUSSION!

*sigh*

I've had two.
One resulting from lack of helmet (a problem that has been resolved) and a defective bike part. Head v.s. pavement. Head loses.

The second was from my recent car accident. Resulting from the concussion, I now have vision problems in both eyes. Ever stare at the sun or even glance at it? You know how you get those spots on your vision? That's what I have now. It's been more than a month and it hasn't went away. I'm beginning to think it's permanent. Oh well.

But really. It's no big deal. I could live with it if I'm forced to.

[color=666666][size=1][i]Well thats good for you Pheonix. But we aren't talking about yoru skull. We are talking about Concussions.

Yes Drix I meant Concussions. I wasnt sure how to spell it, thanks for telling me though. Thatsw also a very interesting story there as well. When I got mine I just couldn't focus my eyes so it looked like I was on Crack. It was wierd.

Hells Fire I hate to be you. I would not want to get that many. How long where you out for? I mean like each time how long. Well anyways thats sucks how you got them.

Ayokano thats just plain out wierd. I dont know any kid besides her that likes getting concussions. Thats a little crazy. Well you are right though little kids are funny sometimes.

As for my Concussion it started in the first quarter when I went heads up against the corner and got hit in the jaw by his helmet. That rattled me for a while. SO I just blew it off not saying anything. So as the game progressed I kept getting hit and hitting him(helmet to helmet). So by the forth quarter I was stabding there and my Dad walked by(He's the coach) and saw me shaking my head with my eyes closed. I was trying to shake it off because I didnt think it was that major. So he asked me what was wrong and all I could do was just point to my head and tap it. He understood and told me to go see the trainer. Instead I went and got water and then went onto the feild again. He saw me and told the offensive coach to take me out so her did. I went to the trainer because my dad yelled at me for not listening. AT first it was just a headache, but then when it was 5th quarter(A quarter where the people who didnt get to play, play.) My mom asked what was wrong and it went full blown. It hurt so much. SO he checked my out again and it turns out it waited then went into effect. It hurt a lot. It was crazy. The best part was I got to ride in the go cart on the way back up to the locker rooms. The next day I didnt evbben remember who won the game. I had to ask. Right now I cant even tell you what the score was. During that day I was walking around during our break and the bell rung while I was under the speaker. It knocked my headache from the night before into full blown again. So I went home and went to the doctor. Because of that the concussion got worse, and he said I cant do PE or participate in any of the practices, I also cant play in the game.

Sp thats my story of how I got my Concussion. Now please people explain how you got your concussions thanks that will be all.

-Meteora.[/color][/size][/i]