OtakuBoards

Newlyweds on MTV

Pagan

Do you watch Newlyweds? If so what do you think about it.

This show is so stupid to me. Jessica Simpson is a total baby who wines and crys canstantly about none sense, and Nick Lachey is more of a father figure then a husband. I didn't know she like that if I did I wouldn't have ever bought one of her CDs. In her music she seems so strong and independent but in the show she is just the opposite. That makes her seem like a hypocrit. Maybe she is just acting like that for the ratings because the only reason I watch it is to see what she will do next. At times she acts like a normal girl but it changes in an instant. One second she is sitting there looking half way intelligent and the next she is in a chair screaming telling Nick to kill a bug. Nick really should talk to her about that instead f going to the clubs and stuff; grown women aren't suppose tp act that way. I think he kind of like it that way though he is in charge and always feel needed with Jessica around.

I actually really like the show. I have little respect for Simpson, she personifies the spoiled rich girl. It is however a really down to earth reality show. They don't really act like superstars, and Nick seems like a really normal guy. Mind you he puts out truly awful music, but not everyone can say that they have a fulfilling job. He is the saving grace of the show. Ilike that he doesn't blow his money pampering himself, and moves his furniture himself.

They have a pretty good dynamic even though they are total opposites besides the singing careers. I don't feel as bad after watching Newlyweds as I do after the real world.

I agree with satan on this one. Jessica seems to have no common knowledge about anything. She seems like the type of girl who was raised rich and given everything by her parents. Nick seems like a cool guy--with the exception of his music--and can relate with lots of normal people. They seem to be totally opposite. She whines all the time and he is a down to earth guy who doesn't want to show off money or complain about everything like she does. He does seem to like to do the work himself instead of hiring someone to do it for him. Overall I'd give the show a --3-- and thats pushin it.

I know these blonde female pop stars are stereotyped as being dumb and ditzy. Truth is, most of them (Madonna, Britney, Christina) are a bit smarter than most of us give them credit for. Not Jessica Simpson. She's actually dumber than I gave her credit for.

Some people think it's all an act, and that she isn't really that dense; that the whole buffalo wing actually coming from buffalos bit was a big joke. I've seen Jessica Simpson on the new Twilight Zone. Her *** can't act that well. She's nothing but a pretty face and a bland singing voice.

Nick is a pretty face and a bland singing voice, too. But at least he didn't buy over $700 in underwear at an upscale boutique without looking at the pricetags. He's real. He knows what he's doing, and he's not going to hire somebody else to do it for him. Like most of you said, he's a normal guy. It really makes you wonder why almost all of 98 Degrees' songs bit such big wind.

[I][COLOR=seagreen][FONT=century gothic][B]I think it's a cute show. I love the way Nick tries to do things on his own without hiring a professional. Like the episode where he tried to kill the bees, or when they first moved into their new home....Down to earth goodness still exists amongst the rich and famous.... Jessica can't do anything on her own. She reminds me of my cousin...high maintainance![/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/I]:excited:

*shudders* That show kills brain cells....well okay mabey that's a little overboard but seriously don't you think if you are willing to let people tape your whole well, day for instence, dosen't that sound a little despret? Personally I think both of them never really were all that great of singers. I can't remember ANYTHING of what Jessica Simpson did. Of course I mabey I'm just out of it....I think I was living in Germany when she was at her highest point in her career and it'd be like 6 months since we got ANYTHING on base from the states. I can remember how 98 degrees did that one song from Mulan tho. That wasn't too bad. And as for Jessica only [i]pretending[/i] to be a blonde. Fat chance. Anyone familiar with the "chicken of the sea" inncident?*snicker snicker* Really she makes us blondes look idiotic.

[color=orange] The chicken of the sea incident. I just kinda sat there with my mouth open. That's what I do when I watch every episode of the show, really. It suprised me how down to earth Nick was. I remember the epsode when Jessica was freaking out because Nick had to grow up doing his own laundry. I don't remember any of Jessica's music. I did like 98 degrees and their song for Mulan. Jessica gets on my nerves and I'm really suprised that he fell in love with her. I don't think their marriage is gonna last. That's all I'm saying. [/color]