OtakuBoards

Covenant

Dan L

[color=#707875]Why on earth does this thread need to deviate from its original course?

I believe that Dan had a specific subject that he wanted to discuss; he didn't want discussions of whether or not Christianity is right or wrong.

In this case, my feelings absolutely fall on Dan's side. If I see any further off topic posts, I will delete them. But I will not close the thread.

Let's keep to Dan's original topic, please.[/color]

A Christian is, simply put, one who is in the New Covenant with Christ--the one Dan is talking about. They live in constant pursuit of Christ, running to follow His Spirit and His Word. As you can see, I often don't even say 'Christian' when in reference to myself or my family in Christ, I say 'follower of Christ'. 'Christian' has become so very nominal, and many simply use it as a personal pacifier.

My friendship, my covenant with God is very powerful. My entrance Heaven is not my primary focus or thought, because it's set in stone. I don't have to worry about it. My focus is on God Himself, and allowing Him to tranform me into what He sees fit for me to be while I stand here on this earth.

I find this custom which you(Dan) told us about earlier to be very interesting. In fact, when I get done with this weekend's duties, I think I may research it further and report what I find back here.

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]A Christian is, simply put, one who is in the New Covenant with Christ--the one Dan is talking about. They live in constant pursuit of Christ, running to follow His Spirit and His Word. [/B][/QUOTE]

Kanojo does not live in pursuit of Christ
She has found Him
She does not run to follow His Word
She speaks it as He speaks
She does not run to follow His Spirit
His Spirit shines from her as the morning sun
Her teeth are as pearls
Every one a gate unto grace
All laws have been finished in her
Even love your enemy
Kanojo has no enemy but law
To be free from law is to be free from sin
Anarchy is only theory
There is no anarchy in Perfect Grace
Kanojo has received the Rain
Like a seed that has lain dormant for so long
To be free from sin is to be free from death
When free from death
All burdens will be removed
Sickness will flee forever
Corruption will shed like snake
The ground burns beneath Kanojo's feet
Behind her is destruction
Before her is the Kingdom of God
Not even the scars shall remain
Kanojo and her childrens, childrens, children
Shall never die
They shall see the goodness of the Lord
In the Land of the Living
Not all shall die
Some shall be changed

[color=darkgreen][font=gothic]I'm sorry, I know I don't have much of a place posting in this thread, but I want to get involved in the conversation.

I think the definition of christianity has changed greatly if this covenant thing is anything to go on. And the different sections of the faith, different interpretations, etc, interesting to see how it all came about.

I have never heard of this covenant thing before - but I have been taught of the covenant between god and man, and the great importance of it, and I understand the importance. If everyone followed it, the world would work. My definition of christianity is as follows - being christlike. Loving everyone, lending a hand, lending an ear, having a bigger picture to focus on. And I do that. I try to.
I've never really come across someone who feels as strongly about Christ as you guys do and actually talked about it, usually they're trying to force me into it and I get defensive. But my perspective of the faith changed when I heard about the amazing detail that this practice has for personal safety - until now, I saw the religion as a vauge, protective shield in which people had no real reason for holding on to. Hearing about this covenant has brought it right down for me, as if this practice is evidence that God cares for his children.

As for the relationship between that covenant and the covenant between people and Christ, I'm uncertain of. It's hard to think about these things when you aren't much of a believer, but I'm interested nonetheless.[/color][/font]

It's the idea of a God who is a friend that most people aren't able(or sometimes even willing) to comprehend. Unfortunate that it is God's greatest gift to man--the very reason He came here(as Jesus) and died for us all. "Greater love has no man than he that would lay down his life for his friends." And after saying that, Jesus turned to His disciples and said "You are my friends..." He went on to say "I no longer call you servants, because a master does not confide in his servants. Now, you are my friends because I have told you everything the Father told me."

This is what the Covenant is all about. A blood bond(literally) to Christ that runs deeper than those with family. The English language doesn't have a word to perfectly describe it.

It's not about condemnation, or personal exaltation. All that will come in its time. It's about you having God's back and Him having yours.

-Justin