OtakuBoards

my advanced banners...instead of the ones that suk that I made a while back

Ninja_Freak

You're getting a [i]little[/i] better, but you still you need a LOT of practice.

For instance, the picture isn't that great of quality and there are ways to make it look better from resizing to sharpening. I can't tell if you are cropping yet, but it looks like that was the original background of the image. Also, you are still having text problems. The color is too dark in places and the fact that the word "door" goes onto a second line looks pretty bad. I would also recommend putting borders on your banners. Follow my advice and you will have come a long way with this one.

I wouldn't say they are "advanced", but keep working. :)

i agree that your banner are getting a bit better. this one still has the problem the rest have. . . text. 1. that font does not go with your banner. it makes the font look ugly when compared to that picture and it also degrades the picture. 2. color. i get that you are trying to "tie in" the text color to the picture. but please dont use the same color text as the picture. it makes it so hard to read. as i have said before you want your text to yell at the top of its little word-lungs "LOOK AT ME!!! I NEED TO BE READ!!!" i hope that makes sense. but i do like the pic you used, though i would clean it up. but i agree that you have come a little bit further along in your skills.
keep it up! :)
~haze

[size=1][color="666666"]
Very good ninja! I recomend that you use a different type of font. If your using adobe photoshop 7.0 maybe 04b font or something like that. Make sure it is capatilized and has a black outline. Anyway back to the point. The stock looks alright but is kinda out of quality. What I mean by stock is the image os Sora.

Overall Rating:
8/10
[/size][/color]

well you asked for our criticism so dont complain when you get what you want. if you dont want criticism, dont post your stuff on the boards.
anyway, i like this one. its just that the picture is a litlle too stretched from side to side. but i like the squiglly-doos on the background. very pretty. just for my information, what program do you use? that one looked kind of like a paint banner, but its probably not.
~haze

Hmmm

There is a lot wrong with this one. First off, the picture of Cloud is blurry and very poorly cropped. There are steps going down his right side. Second, the text and background clash and actually hurt my eyes when I focus on the text alone. The background is very boring as well. I recommend not using the curved line tool because they are very jagged and are a bad way to fill up the empty space. I suggest (again) that you add borders to your banners.

All is not lost, however. Keep working and spend a lot of time on a banner when you are working in Paint. It [i]is[/i] possible to make a good Paint banner.

Don't feel bad about your banners. I'm not good at all. Here is one that I am currently using at the moment.

[color=teal]I know it is sometimes hard to find a host for your images, but it is against the rules to upload a random image in your post. =/ You may, however, find a site to upload it too first, or make a new thread asking for opinions, or even go way back and edit an existing attachment of yours. Attachment deleted. -Syk3[/color]

I agree with everyone on the other two banners, so, since they took what I was going to say already, I will comment on your last banner. The only think I would say is to try to make the font color one that will be more clearly seen and that you should add a border/frame. It would make your art all the better. I have Paint, too, and I've figured out a way to make borders/frames, so if you need to know you can PM me or just ask on this thread ^_^