OtakuBoards

G Gundam

KarmaOfChaos

[font=arial][color=deeppink]
It seems many people are a fan of G Gundam. Personally...I really don't like it, and I don't see the appeal. The animation isn't good, the characters are odd, and the plotline is just so...not believable. They tried to mix the sword fighting/hand to hand combat, gundams, and the idea of being a certain 'card'(ie: Queen of Hearts) all together, and although it COULD have worked, and might have actually been pretty good, the creators didn't go about it in a way that made it so. It was all just very strange and not very intresting. Does anyone else share my opinion? Or am I totally out on a limb here? Opinions! And please, back it up. Telling me that you think that 'G GUNDAM ROCKS!!! OMG HOW THE **** CAN YOU DIS IT?!111' neither helps your cause nor makes you look like a very smart person.

[i]-Karma[/i]
[/color][/font]

Guest Stealth Knight
Its alright. I don't like it because there is no gun battles, its all hand-to-hand combat. I think gun battles are more interesting to watch (unless its wrestling). I'd rather watch the other gundam wars.

If I remember correctly, G Gundam came before and was basically the predecessor of Gundam Wing. Without G, there would be no Wing, and the world woud be an incredibly sad place. There's got to be credit for that. Yet still, there wasn't _quite_ the attention and care given to the sries that there could or should have been. They tried to give it a very simple, quick storyline that ended up just looking childish compated to the WIng plot, which went so much farther in-depth plotwise in the same amount of episodes. _And_ it had more shounen-ai innuendo. Always a plus.

*looks around* Heh, I guess I'm the opposite.
I've tried to watch Gundam Wing and I couldn't...to put it in a more understandable way, I hated it!
I don't see why nobody here likes G Gundam. The animation isn't very good becuase it's from [b]1994![/b] 1994 for God's sake! It's almost ten years old.
As for what you said first, KarmaOfChaos, I think the storyline and stuff more believeable than Gundam Wing's. I mean, how can boys our age fight in this gigantic war and everything and end up victorious....I dunno even half of what I said, it's too confusing. XP
I also don't see how people think that the Gundams in GW are better than the ones in GG. If you think about it, it'd be pretty hard to battle with a Gundam by sitting in a seat compared to being the Gundam itself.
I'm kind of disappointed that every other Gundam series (movies, etc), basiclly revolves things in GW. I'm sure plently of people would love to have another series based off of G Gundam.
And as for not getting into the plotline, I watched one episode with my friend (in about the beginning-middle of the series) and was instantly hooked. So I guess I'm different.
*ducks as GW fans start throwing various objects at her*

::Being different is a good thing::

TV Dude: The ideas expressed in this post are strictly [strike]fact[/strike] opinion. One of the reason's Katana feels strongly about G Gundam is that she's married to Sai Saici.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Katana [/i]
[B]
I don't see why nobody here likes G Gundam. The animation isn't very good becuase it's from [b]1994![/b] 1994 for God's sake! It's almost ten years old.
[/B][/quote]
[color=deeppink]
True. But I still thought it could have been better. Maybe I just have high standards.
[/color]
[QUOTE][b]
As for what you said first, KarmaOfChaos, I think the storyline and stuff more believeable than Gundam Wing's. I mean, how can boys our age fight in this gigantic war and everything and end up victorious....I dunno even half of what I said, it's too confusing. XP
[/b][/quote]
[color=deeppink]
One of the points of the show is that the Gundam boys [i]are[/i] very young, and it goes without saying that there is severe psychological aftereffects of having to pilot the gundams, and do what they did. The show goes into how they deal with that, and how they DO end up being victorious. And yes, the plotline is confusing at times. You really have to watch the show, and understand all the different political forces at work, and what motivates each character. As for liking the plotline better, this is just difference in opinion. Gundam Wing's plot is far deeper than G Gundam, so it's geared for more mature/older audiences. Not to insult you, but Gundam Wing isn't for people looking for a fun action show. So it would depend on what you want to see in an anime.
[/color]
[QUOTE][b]
I also don't see how people think that the Gundams in GW are better than the ones in GG. If you think about it, it'd be pretty hard to battle with a Gundam by sitting in a seat compared to being the Gundam itself.
[/b][/quote]
[color=deeppink]
They [i]are[/i] in the gundams. They're just sitting. Personally, I think it would be easier to be sitting, like you're at a game console with the controls in front of you, rather than actually having to manuver around like virtual reality.
[/color]
[quote][b]
So I guess I'm different.

::Being different is a good thing::
[/b][/quote]
[color=deeppink]
Yep you are. And it is. ^-~

Yes G Gundam does have crappy animation and sure its plot could be alot better, but it is better then most of the other show in the Gundam saga. Have any of you seen the shows that came before G Gundam. I mean wow when I saw G Gundam I was happy about it. G Gundam's predecessors were terrible there plot was like Wings but the war was so boring, the animation needed alot of work done to it, the character though they appeared to be round were flat and dull. I would put G Gundam in the top three out of all of the Gundam show, right under Seed and Wing.

If you are talking about the UC Gundams as the predecessors of G Gundam, maybe you should not watch any Gundams at all.
1. They don't have plots like Gundam Wing, instead, GW has plot like them. GW is made in 1995 and the UC started in 1979.
2. The war in UC are not boring but sad and real.
3. What can you expect from animation made in 1979(MSG) or even 1985(Zeta). They don't look as sharp but they are the best at their times. BTW, the late UCs like CCA(1989), F91(1992), 0083(1992) and Victory(1993) all have very good animation, better than GW's or GG's imo.
4. The UC Gundams have some of the best characters not only in Gundam universes, but all anime. The most popular Gundam character ever is Char Aznable who is from Mobile Suit Gundam.

Back to the topic:
G Gundam is fun to watch. It has some great characters and a very non-believeable plot which is something we don't see in Gundam everyday. Outside from sadness and horror, we have something easily enjoyed by almost everyone.

[quote]Yes G Gundam does have crappy animation and sure its plot could be alot better, but it is better then most of the other show in the Gundam saga. Have any of you seen the shows that came before G Gundam. I mean wow when I saw G Gundam I was happy about it. G Gundam's predecessors were terrible there plot was like Wings but the war was so boring, the animation needed alot of work done to it, the character though they appeared to be round were flat and dull. I would put G Gundam in the top three out of all of the Gundam show, right under Seed and Wing.[/quote]

Why is it that I have the feeling your basing this souly off of the difference in animation -_- and the difference in the complexity of the plots. Many of the U.C. series have a more complex plot and a underlying message and for the most part all try to accuratly convey a sense of war that is not true in some of the "newer" series such as G-Gundam, Gundam Wing, and SEED.

As for everything else I had to say Queky just about summed it up... Now not to say G-Gundam is a bad series. I actually enjoyed it the first time through. It's a nice change from the normal gundam series and there are some battles which I can truly say I loved. But there are times when G-Gundam just kind of lagged on and when some of the mecha designs were just plain odd and out of place.

[color=deeppink]
I do like some of the old school stuff, and there is definitely something to be said for originality. However, I don't like it when the show becomes completly focused on the gundam design and battles. Yes, that's a big part of what will make or break a gundam-based show, but if you don't have any depth of character, or you slack off on the animation, then it's not really a well-rounded anime.

It also helps if the plotline isn't totally off-key in a bad way.

G Gundam just couldn't keep me interested. The characters were weird and rather 2-D in their personalities, the plotline was awkward and too full of other, non-relevant things, and the gundams had strange designs that really didn't seem realistic in any world, more like a child's toys. I'm not pretending to be some big Gundam guru, this is just my opinion.

Gundam Wing, and some of the good oldies like Mobile Suit Gundam will always be my favorites. That's where that stands.

G Gundam can really spark some great discussion. Let me give a reason why I like G Gundam.

The characters in the story are amazing great developed. It is for the watchers to find the little hints dropped everywhere to draw pictures of certain characters. Take Domon as an example. In the early part of the story, we only know he is a jerk who only care about winning as he can look for the guy on the picture . The secret lies in the picture. Why does Domon use the picture of his family instead of a picture with Koiji alone? Now, we first realize that he doesn't hate the guy he is looking for. In fact, we can be sure that they are related in a very close way. It is quite obvious that Domon is the kid in the picture. Later, we see the picture unfold and we can tell that it is a very happen time for the family, at least for Domon. He had a brother to look up to and the parents who love him. Now, we have enough to tell why Domon picked this picture. He is fighting to win in order to restore the happiness in his life. That makes him very interesting in my opinion. He is no longer the moron as he would be.