OtakuBoards

Chibi Gal--A drawing by Mei?

Mei

[color=green]Well, I was bored, as I am when most of my artwork takes place, so I drew a picture.^^() I actually based it off of another picture I had found, so it's got a famliar character design to it.

I decided, after finished up the head, that it would be a Chibi, just because I didn't feel the need to draw a proportioned upper body. It's drawn in regular 2 point pencil, on a notosogreat type of drawing paper, so there are some smudges and such. I tried by best with shading, but I'm new to it, so it's not too great in that area.

Now, to describe my actual character there. Pretty much a young girl, swooning over a cute guy of some sort. Hence the lips shaped in a "kissing" type of position, and the little heart hovering above.^^()[/color]

Wow, Rachel, I havn't seen any of your drawings before and this one really starts my impression off [i]very[/i] nicely. ^_^

I think the proportions are just fine; great, in fact, especially the upper body. Her head looks more like a Chibi due to the fact that she doesn't have a nose, but even then, I'm really not seeing the Chibiness (note the ear and individual fingers). You started off the shading good, as well. Just remember that shading helps to outline round shapes such as the arm, whereas you would start off with the darkest shading that you want and gradually get lighter. I think it could be even better with more shading and color distinctions. ^_~

While most of it is very good, there are a few things that can be improved. The girl's mouth is just a *little* too small, as well as her ear. Also, the angle of her head seems to be slightly off, but perhaps that's just because you extended her hair just a tiny bit too far past the bangs on the left of the picture.

Again, I think this is a very good drawing, and it shows that you have a lot of talent. I want to see more pictures in the future. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mei [/i]
[B][color=green]Now, to describe my actual character there. Pretty much a young girl, swooning over a cute guy of some sort. Hence the lips shaped in a "kissing" type of position, and the little heart hovering above.^^()[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
...shall I quit while I'm ahead? <_<