OtakuBoards

The Strokes - Room on Fire

Dan Rugh

The new Strokes CD "Room on Fire" is coming out tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone else likes them or is planning on buying it. I'll definitely be walking a few blocks to get my copy.

The new single is called [i]12:51[/i] and I'm really likin' it, although I had to watch the video on RollingStone.com since Mtv is not worth it. :p

As soon as I get it tomorrow and have listened to it thoroughly (and if anyone else posts in here), I'll tell everyone what I think about it.

If you're browsing through the record store any time soon and you see this...

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=507737[/img]

... buy it!

the reviews on the album weren't very positive... too much of the old things, not surprsing enough etc. so i dont know yet if im going to buy it.
and besides, i only just got Is this It from a friend, so i still have to get 'into' them, but from what i've hear so far, i really like them. and if they're still tickets available, i think i'm going to see them in december :D
12.51 is the new single? i didnt really like it at first, but the more i hear it, the more i like it :)

I could listen to 12:51 over and over forever. I absolutely love that song.
I would get the CD but,
1-- I never have time to listen to music except in the car and I have no CD player
2-- The whole CDs cost money issue.

I saw the video on Fuse, I think. I was at my friend's house and not really paying attention to what we were watching. It's pretty awesome. I love the whole colorfulness thing.

I got the CD today, and I'm actually listening to it right now.

The sound pretty much stays the same; to me is usually sounded slightly muted, and I like that. But I'm hearing some more electronic sounds, rather than their more acoustic(sp?) sound in Is This It.

About 12:51: I've never heard the single before, so it's all new to me. You know how you get a CD after hearing the single, and you listen that one song so many times that you get sick of it? Well, it probly won't happen since I've never heard it before. Maybe I've lost my faith that MTV would play rock or alternative during the day a long, long time ago.

Punkrockprinces... that post isn't really something that will go over well here at OB. I have to ask that you improve your post quality and say something a bit more relevent. Otherwise I'm sure your stay here will be rather short.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Radaghast [/i]
[B]Maybe I've lost my faith that MTV would play rock or alternative during the day a long, long time ago. [/B][/QUOTE]

That's what MTV2 is for, if you get it lol. I remember during the MTV Music Video Awards, MTV2 was playing all sorts of indie stuff. It was rather surprising.

Anyway, I have yet to listen to this... although I mean to pick it up. Might as well tomorrow, if I get the chance.

Guest Punkrockprinces
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Punkrockprinces... that post isn't really something that will go over well here at OB. I have to ask that you improve your post quality and say something a bit more relevent. Otherwise I'm sure your stay here will be rather short.
[/B][/QUOTE]

WTF!What do you mean?:o I'm a newbie:angel:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Punkrockprinces [/i]
[B]WTF!What do you mean?:o I'm a newbie:angel: [/B][/QUOTE]
How long you've been here has nothing to do with it. If you can't compose an intelligent post with more than a couple of words in it, you will lose membership and be banned. By the way, that reply of yours I just quoted won't fly around here, either.