OtakuBoards

K.K.C.'s Banners/avi.

KKC

I'v been in the banner/avi "spirit" now that i'v returned from... eh... Marching band... so! I'v made my own banner thread :D

This banner is pretty simple, but I really like the quote and piccy. I think they go together well. The quote was inspired by my friend who made a song about our gay color guard instructor. (he's so foony) Hopefully Vash fans wont take it seriously :sweat:

LOL! That is a great banner. The background fits well with the cartoonish picture, but the font does not seem quite right to me. I probably just do not like that style. :p

Hopefully no one will take it seriously, since it is too funny for that. :laugh:

Thanx Black_phoenix ^^ I was beginning to think that no one would reply to my thread *sniffle*

I'v always been horrible with font! I thought that font looked some what "Divaish". But, like I said, im horrible with font.

I made this banner yesterday out of pure boredom... so... the font really really does suck, but I still like it... even though the font sucks... badly...

meh, i like that last one's font. who is that girl? and where in the world did you find that photo? also how did you make it (if you did) look like it was painted? ah, so many questions that i may as well throw this one at you: what program do you use? i think the font kindof goes with the pic. the first. . ... . . . . . . . . . . . i dont know if i want to comment. yes i do. that is hilarious! dthe picture is of good quality, as was the last. but as you said, the text sucks. it doesnt "flow" with the rest of the banner.
very nice :)
~haze

The second font does look better. To paraphrase Haze_Gundam006, it seems to "flow" well with the design. I find the theme of the banner to be funny, too. I do not think I have ever seen a banner that expresses boredom like that before.

Font it a pain to get used to. I still have yet to work that out in my banners. As you can see with the one in my sig, font is not my specialty (even if it was only the second one).

:sweat: well, you know best when it comes to font.

Actually, that is a girl, not a guy. I got him off of a Japanese Zoids Art site called L+R. I use Paint Shop Pro 7 for all of my work.

This is going to be the new banner in my sig. It has taken me 2 attempts to make it work because I had alot of Text trouble (go figure). But I think it's pretty funny, so im going to use it. Don't give me credit for the words because I didn't come up with them. Today, I learned that Light Sabers are hard to crop.

(I hope it isn't pixly)

Haha, I finally get that banner! I couldn't read the text at first, but those are hilarious! Vash using "the force" to lift a donut and Wolfwood bracing with a lightsaber is really funny, and suit their personalities.
Question: Where'd you get those pics that you use, or do you make them yourself?

hehe, thanx :sweat: I find these pics everywhere. There is this one Vash Shrine that has a bunch of Fanart, i'll email you later and give you the address once I find it.

I actually made a Pokemon Banner, which is very unusual for me to do, but it is James, so that is an exception (Check Sig.) I Mainly made it because I thought his outfit was really cool. This is my first try at making the border white with black out lines.

Made your banner a long time ago.

Here is the newest one for my sig. Its Amarao from FLCL! I thought the picture was really cool, so I just had to make a banner. I thought the text was really cool and the black sides that make it look like a clip from a movie.

EDIT: Took out his name.

[size=1]Your best ones are the Vash one, the bored one, and the Pokemon one. The bored one is a bit iffy, because I just do not like the cut-outs you did there. They just seems awkward and the edges or kind of blurred. Cut out edges should be sharp and clear. However, in terms of composition those three are pretty well done. The banners themselves are not that great in quality, but the arrangement is nice enough.

The others are just kind of blah. I am really not a fan of the last one. It is fairly dim. I would have cut out those black edges, and tried to make it a bit brighter, more colorful, and just overall interesting to look at.

Keep at it, though.[/size]

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, im really not good with cut-outs. The bored one was sort of a test on cut-outs.

I see what you mean about the Amarao one being to dark and...meh.... I did try to brighten it up some, but my program has been a bit screwy lately. I'll probably go back and try to fix it up later. I also see how it isn't that interesting... needs more of a point... hm...

Here is the banner I just recently finished. The Sammich was really hard to crop and sorta looks crapy, but it was good enough for my lazy self. The man himself (Syk) helped me downlaod the font, which took up about half an hour because of my stupidity, but I really like the banner... mainly because I finally stole something from him ^^

[img]http://myimages.fourvalve.com/kkc/Sammichban.jpg[/img]