OtakuBoards

PS2 Question

No

[i][color=lightpink]I have a huge question. Here it is:

Can PS2's play a Region 2 dvd? I know they can play DVD's but is it a certain region. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and knows the answer. Please help me. I want to buy the "Moon Child" DVD and its REgion 2 and I have a PS2.[/color][/i]

[i][color=lightpink]Soo I have to find a chip that does that? Dang. That's strange. *sighs* Why did they even make certain 'Regions' in the first place? I'm not getting that at all. Well do you know where someone might be able to get ahold of the chip to do it?[/color][/i]

[i][color=lightpink]Ohh alirght....man this sucks certian regions for certain countries is not right....not one bit. You have to find a certain DVD player to play a certain DVD. But...now i want to find an all region DVD player...so I can get the DVD's i want.[/color][/i]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinmaru [/i]
[B]To my knowledge, Regions are made to prevent piracy and the like. I can't tell you where to get such a chip because site advertisements like that are against the rules, heh.

Sorry I can't help you any more. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#006699]Heh. So many people min-interperet that rule. It's fine if your showing a person where to get something, just don't go running around plugging the hell out of some random site.

I'm not sure if it's there, but I use [URL=http://www.lik-sang.com/]Lik-Sang[/URL] for anything I can't get at a store like Target or something. But if I were you, I wouldn't bother with that. Just buy a Universal DVD Player, it can play any region. Which is quite useful when importing DVDs. :D [/color]

Yeah, I would advise just getting a region-free DVD player. At this point you could probably get them for cheaper than it would cost to buy a good PS2 mod chip with installation fees. Less headaches, and the PS2 isn't a great DVD player anyway.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shroom [/i]
[B][color=#006699]Heh. So many people min-interperet that rule. It's fine if your showing a person where to get something, just don't go running around plugging the hell out of some random site. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Damn, I'll have to remember that lol. Oh well, I'll get it right next time :p

And I'd probably go along with Tony on this. A good DVD player would be a lot cheaper than modding your PS2, heh. Also, certain companies tend to make their games so that they can't be played on modified PS2s, so modding it isn't the wisest of choices, anyway.

Guest Zhang_He
depending on the chip u buy, the cost can be some what high, my advice is a hmmm i wonder if it's okay to say but it's a kind of a CD reader that doesn't break the warranty,and it looks like the e reader from ninetendo. I'm sorry if i broke any of the rules i tried not to do anything illegal