OtakuBoards

Trick Or Treating: Fun or Immature?

KarmaOfChaos

I agree, never ever are you too old!!!I hate how adults tell you your too old to go out and slam the door in your face, and I'm thinking,"What would you rather have me go to some wild house party get to boozin' get drunk then raped then, be a single parent.Drop out of school and have your whole life ruined?"Thats my take on situtation..That and ya...Free candy..Plus I would never be able to go to a party without flashing people in the skirt I wore out..

[color=blue]
This halloween, I got to dress up in a full costume that was something other than a pirate. I had a great time, even though my friends didn't want to go. (They just hanged out in the garage. I know, they're crazy.)

But this year, I didn't get much candy. Wanna know why? It's simple. I went door to door and passed it out myself. (Yes, I did get some strange looks.) Also, my name was, "Alabaster Crow" for the night. (You don't want to know why. It's a strange story.)

[QUOTE]
[B]One day a year you get to dress up as anything and go up to peoples' houses for candy. I don't see what's wrong with that.[/B]
[/QUOTE]

Wait a second...You guys only dress up once a year?

[QUOTE][B]
Oh yeah, and try to stay away from my neighborhood - nothing but cheap candy and toy cows here o_O; [/B][/QUOTE]

Toy cows! Where do you live? I want some!

>>> Geist! X_^ <<<

P.S. I've had very many immature moments. What's one more going to hurt?
[/color]

Now, everyone's saying "free candy". That's part of the reason I go out... heck, it's MOST of the reason I go out! But, anyway, it's not the only reason. I go out to see the different costumes, play tricks on my sisters friends when we intercept them on their route, and to have fun with MY friends. Also, it's just a way to spook you siblings in some sense, it makes them more spooked out for in the middle of the night when them and their friends are in the basement and you and your friends in the other room of the basement, you cut the power, get into position and you grab your little sister's shoulder, she screams they all run upstairs, you follow, sending someone ahead to cut the lights, you chase them into your room and pound on the door, break in and then they scream and....... you're grounded and have to give your sister ten peices of HER CHOICE of candy.... -_-

:D I have a nice little philosphy on this... if you feel like doing something that coud be considered childish (within reason, obviously) then go do it, even if you think you're too old. Don't be in hurry to grow up, cos you'll miss childhood once it's gone.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not. ^_^ :D

[quote][i]Originally posted by Dragonstar[/i]
[b]I have a nice little philosphy on this... if you feel like doing something that coud be considered childish (within reason, obviously) then go do it, even if you think you're too old. Don't be in hurry to grow up, cos you'll miss childhood once it's gone.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not. ^_^[/b][/quote]

[color=royal blue]I agree entirely. I wanted to go trick-or-treating this year, but my parents wouldn't let me, because they said I was too old. Too bad my parents don't share in that philosophy...

Plus, I didn't have a costume, and I'm not so desperate for sugar that I'd go around in normal clothes and deprive little kids of their candy. Maybe next year, though. ^^[/color]

Don't get me wrong, I fully support the American custom of Trick or Treating on Halloween - when it stays in America.

In Australia we're exposed to much of American culture through the media, and now what I've seen on halloween are those few children who've begun trick-or-treating.

For example, we had a group of young ghouls and the like, at our doorstep the other day, who said "Trick or treat" with hopeful tones. We could only turn away these pretentious youths stating that it was an American custom and expecting gifts from a nation that doesn't "celebrate" halloween is futile.

Okay, so maybe I didn't use those exact words, but I consider my point relevant as it's this sort of behavior that contributes to loss of national identity.