Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Yep. I just wrapped up my season of Cross Country. 2nd season, actually. And then again, the season is never really over since I train year round. And some people don't even know what the dizzle Cross Country is. Well, I'll tell you what it is! A runner's sport. That's right. What this sport does for fun is what other sports do for punishment.

I had a pretty good year this year, in fact. I brought down my time greatly, went to state, was in the papers a lot. I'm just a sophomore so I have 2 years more to go :)

My 3 Mile time is 17:17.

Anyone else run this sport? Hmm? Yes? no? Semi-colon?
Posted
I can't stand running. You people are insane. How can you LIKE that feeling~?!? Awww,I guess I'm just not a sporty person....

...but we have a good team. One girl in my class is going to state. One. By herself. Yep.
Posted
Well, to like it, you have to do it for a while. You won't like it at first, but then you get use to it and sooner or later, it'll be good to run ^_^ Plus, the goal of winning the race is the shiznit!
Posted
[color=009966]I used to run really well, but when I stopped playing softball my legs took a vacation and have gotten lazy. Now I can only run fast over short distances. :whoops::sweat:[/color]
Guest rttocs77
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragon Warrior [/i]
[B]Yep. I just wrapped up my season of Cross Country. 2nd season, actually. And then again, the season is never really over since I train year round. And some people don't even know what the dizzle Cross Country is. Well, I'll tell you what it is! A runner's sport. That's right. What this sport does for fun is what other sports do for punishment.

I had a pretty good year this year, in fact. I brought down my time greatly, went to state, was in the papers a lot. I'm just a sophomore so I have 2 years more to go :)

My 3 Mile time is 17:17.

Anyone else run this sport? Hmm? Yes? no? Semi-colon? [/B][/QUOTE]
I do cross country too, but just to stay in shape. This season wasn't very good for me, but my best 5K is 20:21

I used to play a mad amount of tennis. For a few years I was playing Junior Tournaments in GA. I was ranked 76th for 16 and under. I quit though because it started to get to the point where if I wanted to stay competitive I would have to practice around four hours a day, seven days a week.

I started doing crew last year though, I really like it.

Some other athletic experience I have had has also been in Baseball (short stop for awhile) and Basketball (right gaurd for only a year)

Word... :laugh:
Posted
I love cross-country, I just finished up my first season. Our team got to the championship, but I think we lost to another school. This only only my first year, I'm not that great, My 3 mile PR is 21:30. I am progressing though, I can't wait for next season.
Posted
Hey, train year round you guys and you'll lower your time greatly. I mean, if you're training year round and the people who are better aren't, you'll be at their time or better by the time next season starts :)
Posted
I hate running, and it seems that a lot of fencers do (even the coaches). Nevertheless, they make you do it, and I'm dead after this 2-lap-around-the-campus "warm-up." They don't let you stop for a minute, but the two laps don't even equate anywhere near three miles. I'm amazed someone can do that.

Haha, what a healthy person. I hate you, Dragon Warrior. :)
Posted
I do/did cross country when I lived in New York. However, it was completely different from the type you're talking about.
I did cross country jumping just for the sheer fun of it, which simply means I'm one of those crazy people who goes over obsticles on a horse:laugh:
As for running, I stay away from it, unless it's snowing or raining and I want to get inside quick. I can't run for squat. Well, okay I can, but I simply choose not to do so:angel: Which is probably one of the main reasons I stayed out of the military, I abhore running and push-ups and they make you do that in PT tests.
All the same tho, congratulations. And I wonder why they don't have indoor track at your school since they did at mine.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B]I hate running, and it seems that a lot of fencers do (even the coaches). Nevertheless, they make you do it, and I'm dead after this 2-lap-around-the-campus "warm-up." They don't let you stop for a minute, but the two laps don't even equate anywhere near three miles. I'm amazed someone can do that.

Haha, what a healthy person. I hate you, Dragon Warrior. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

That's why the saying goes: "Our sport's fun is every other sport's punishment." XD

And ChibiHorsewoman, I once upon a time use to be crazy and do horse jumping thingies as well. Wait a tick... I still am crazy :)
Posted
clinically insane or wanna be insane?

if clinically we might have something in common ^_^

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...