Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
umm....... its a bit flashy..... literally..... and theres a black box at the bottom..... and the text is unreadable..... and I almost had a seizure..... but it has nice cropping!
Posted
Yes, I agree with Kyo. It's rather.... spastic. Frankly, I think the banner would be better if it weren't animated; that way, at least the text would be readable.

Try to get rid of that black box. It's extremely distracting. And add a border. I can't really suggest anything else without seeing a motionless version of your banner.

If this is the second banner you've ever made, you might want to work with still images for a little while. Ambition can certainly be a virtue, but sometimes it's better to take these things one step at a time.

~Dagger~
Posted
MUCH better! *claps hands*

Simple, but pretty. I like your font, and the image is nicely cropped. The banner doesn't have to be quite so big, though--I'd remove some of the blank space to Sonic's right.

~Dagger~
Posted
It's very plain it could use a little more of anything, whether it be text, a background, or vectors of some sort. At it looks much better without the animation, my advice is work without animation until you find a good comfort level and then move on to animated images. It doesn't make that much of a difference but many animated images (especially when they're gifs) are usually bad/take some effot and good planning to look good. Also try to make your animations "Circular" in the sense that they don't skip, and the last frame leads back to or makes a transition of some sort to the first.
Posted
The first one looks OK to me.... I can't see any black box or anything, so I'm assuming you changed the attatchment. That looks good, but the font is a little bit hard to read, and it doesn't stay on the 'clear' setting long enough. The effect is good however, and I think it is a good animation.

That second one is good. I like the font if it gives you enough time to read it. Sonic is clear and well-cropped, and the border looks good. Perhaps cut off some of the space to the right as Dagger suggested. Overall a good job with both of them.

5/10 and 7/10

Sometimes simplicity is best.
Posted
hmm...the first one..it stay un-readable to londg , and it took 3 cycles to figure out what it reads. I also did not see a black box, so i think that's fixed. But, i would work on a motionless first, please.

The second one: OH MY GOD, I CAN READ IT NOW! j/k, heh.i'd make it a 450X100, instead, or maybe a 450X90 or 450X85, cut that bottom space out. Also, since your using Paint Shop Pro, (or so you told me), put a bakcground....

First one: 6/10
Second one: 8.5/10

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...