OtakuBoards

"Numb" and "Invisible"

Patronus

[size=1][color=006699]Well, recently I have fallen in love with two songs; Numb by Linkin Park and Invisible by Clay Aiken. They're two songs that define my emotions.. very clearly. So, what do you think of the two songs?

[b]Invisible - Clay Aiken[/b]
[i]What are you doing tonight
I wish I could be a fly on your wall
Are you really alone
Still in your dreams
Why can't I bring you into my life
What would it take to make to see that I'm alive

If I was invisible
Then I could just watch you in your room
If I was invincible
I'd make you mine tonight
If hearts were unbreakable
Then I can just tell you where I stand
I would be the smartest man
If I was invisible
(Wait...I already am)

I saw your face in the crowd
I called your name
You don't hear a sound
I keep tracking your steps
Each move you make
Wish I could be what goes through your mind
Wish you could touch me with the colors of your life

If I was invisible
Then I could watch you in your room
If I was invincible
If I was invisible
(Wait...I already am)

I reach out
But you don't even see me
Even when I'm screaming
Baby, you don't hear me
I am nothing without you
Just a shadow passing through...

If I was invisible
Then I could just watch you in your room
If I was invincible
If I was invisible[/i]

[b]Linkin Park - Numb[/b]
[i]I'm tired of being what you want me to be
Feeling so faithless lost under the surface
Don't know what you're expecting of me
Put under the pressure of walking in your shoes
(Caught in the undertow just caught in the undertow)
Every step that I take is another mistake to you

I've become so numb I can't feel you there
I've become so tired so much more aware
I'm becoming this all I want to do
Is be more like me and be less like you

Can't you see that you're smothering me
Holding too tightly afraid to lose control
Cause everything that you thought I would be
Has fallen apart right in front of you
Every step that I take is another mistake to you
And every second I waste is more than I can take

And I know
I may end up failing too
But I know
You were just like me with someone disappointed in you

Is everything what you want me to be
Is everything what you want me to be[/i][/size][/color]

I havent heard any of clay aikens songs recently because I hate him. Hmm...I liked him better than ruben though.
I like Numb, havent heard it in awhile. Faint is ok not the best song in meteora though.

[b]Best Linkin park Song[/b]
PUSHING ME AWAY (Hybrid Theory)

Yeah I like "invisible". The music vedio is crap though.....:shifty: lol But it gets a little annoying cause they play it all the time on the radio station I listen to. Then it keeps on getting number one on the "Hot five at nine" so bascially don't sing it around me....It's kind of sad....the girl he loves doesn't even notice him....right? Yeah I think....yeah....Numb is okay. Just not my favorite from meteroa.....yeah....I can't think of anything else....nothing at all.....*eyes glaze over and she walks away*

Wow. Have any of you who hate Clay Aiken actually listened to his song? Any of his songs? Heard him sing? Know anything about him besides the fact he got 2nd place on American Idol?

I haven't heard his song, but I'd be willing to listen to it if I ever happened to catch it on the radio or TV. Gotta give these American Idol winners a chance. They won the show, so they must have [i]some[/i] singing talent.

Well, I personally love Clay Aiken, and Invisible is a great song, its upbeat and just makes you want to dance. Always puts a smile on my face ^_^

As for the Linkin Park song, it's okay, I got their CD and everything and it's pretty cool.

[QUOTE]Its funny how one can like a pop singer and a hybrid/metal band at the same time. Personally I dispise Clay since im a pop flamer,[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but that is very ignorant on your part. You won't even give the guy a chance just because he's considered 'pop'? Think outside the box, you aren't limited to listen to listen to one or two types of music.

I like tons of songs/muscians, from all genres of music. You might too, if you gave them a chance.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kyo no Ryu [/i]
[B]Its funny how one can like a pop singer and a hybrid/metal band at the same time. Personally I dispise Clay since im a pop flamer, but Numb is my current favorite.[/B][/QUOTE]

Technically when you think about it isn't Linkin park also "pop"? I mean all that "pop" means is popular music. heh just [i]HAD[/i] to do that. Sorry bout that buddy. But um yeah I listened to "Numb" somemore and now I really, really, like it. I love the way it starts and ends. Yeah...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Manic [/i]
[B]O_o
Is "Invisible" about stalking? Other than the idea that it may be about stalking, I'd say "Invisible" is a decent song. And this is an opinion coming from someone who listens to Dru Hill, Jay-Z and Linkin Park back-to-back. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=006699]No, I don't think it is.. I think it's about a someone either leaving him and ignoring him, or cheating on him and ignoring him.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by valerie [/i]
I'm sorry, but that is very ignorant on your part. You won't even give the guy a chance just because he's considered 'pop'? Think outside the box, you aren't limited to listen to listen to one or two types of music.

I like tons of songs/muscians, from all genres of music. You might too, if you gave them a chance. [/B][/QUOTE]

Mind your own business. I have reasons for disliking a bunch of lipsinking soft singers who have hundreds of girls swoning over their voice. All those songs are the same damn thing over and over. I heard invisiblew and thought it was Justin Timberlake then I heard him and thought it was some really bad emiem copier and I can never tell Nsync from Bacstreet Boys. Ramble all yoiu want Ill never agree.

[B]Mind your own business. I have reasons for disliking a bunch of lipsinking soft singers who have hundreds of girls swoning over their voice. All those songs are the same damn thing over and over. I heard invisiblew and thought it was Justin Timberlake then I heard him and thought it was some really bad emiem copier and I can never tell Nsync from Bacstreet Boys. Ramble all yoiu want Ill never agree. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=006699]Then you have really bad hearing.[/color][/size];)

[B]Mind your own business. I have reasons for disliking a bunch of lipsinking soft singers who have hundreds of girls swoning over their voice. All those songs are the same damn thing over and over. I heard invisiblew and thought it was Justin Timberlake then I heard him and thought it was some really bad emiem copier and I can never tell Nsync from Bacstreet Boys. Ramble all yoiu want Ill never agree. [/B][/QUOTE]
Clay Aikan doesn't lip synch.

There are girls who swoon over Linkin Park. I have a cousin who had a crush on Mike Shinoda or Mr. Hahn, or possibly both.

Essentially, every genre uses the same kind of songs over and over. You're either listening to 10 different boy bands sing about love, or 10 different rock bands sing about angst and betrayal, or 10 different rappers rap about money.

Justin Timberlake has a significantly higher voice than Clay Aiken.

Did you just say you got Justin mixed up with Eminem?

No one can tell Backstreet Boys or NSync apart. Just be glad they're practically broken up.

You don't have to like the song, but it's wrong to bash pop for the sake of it being pop. I mean, what if Clay Aiken did a song with Linkin Park? It may not seem too likely to happen, but remember when Britney Spears and NSynch got on stage with Aerosmith? Uh huh.

Yep, I hate "Invisible", pretty bad song. And don't try to say I'm "close-minded" or any of that bs. Just because you like him doesn't mean everyone has to.

Despite being a Linkin Park fan, I think Numb isn't that great compared to other songs on Meteora. I think the best songs were Somewhere I Belong, Lying, and Faint. Plus, the music video for it was pretty bad. Actually, Linkin Park doesn't make very good music videos, oh well, I think their music makes up for it ^_^