OtakuBoards

Data Crashing

Doukeshi

OOC: I'm going to be taking so many liberties it's not funny... I can feel it... sorry about this ^_^;;
~~~

Savagely Ton felt himself pulled to his feet. "[i]This isn't good...[/i]" he thought desperately, shooting a glance at the blonde alongside him. His gaze was turned towards the floor... almost in defeat. Or was he biding his time? It was hard to tell, and Ton could tell there was something... different. Something that set him on edge. He'd never liked magic, and curious as the circumstances were, he wasn't able to gain trust in it within a few hours. Angels or not, it didn't look like this guy was in a position to be a saviour. Rather, he was waiting for his own. Whatever that fate may bring.

At the edges of his hearing, Ton heard mumbling.
"...but," Jenk was saying, still quiet, "where's there's one there'll be more. Isn't it worth looking into?"
Kendra, also just as quiet, mumbled something inaudible in reply. Then, he swept out her hand again, bringing Ton and the blonde to a stop. "Wait."
There was an expectant pause before she continued. "Angels," she said slowly and deliberately, "seem to travel in clans. Where there's one, there will always be more." She turned then, to examine the two again, seemingly the blonde in particular. "I think this find will be larger than we think it is."
"What do you mean?" asked Etta, her voice quiet but not afraid, her grip on Ton tightening as she spoke. Why? Insecurity?
Kendra seemed to smirk a little, before turning to Jenk with an almost sadistic flourish. "Can I entrust this to you?"
Jenk seemed to share Kendra's private joke, nodded. "Of course."
"What...?" Ton glanced over at the blonde's unexpected utterance.
Taking a step forward, Kendra smiled and pushed a few hairs from her face. "I, all of us, are going to find the rest of your clan. And [i]kill[/i] them."
"I don't have a clan."
"Oh, but I think you do. And you'd die to protect them. So now," she glanced at Jenk, who nodded and turned away. "Now, we're mobilising to find them. They're in this sector somewhere, and I want them apprehended."
Frowning, Ton glanced at the blonde again. He didn't really look like he was lying. Their captor just wanted a good excuse to hunt down more of her own kind. Didn't she feel guilty? Any kind of regret or remorse? Glancing back at her again, Ton really didn't think so.
Then, Kendra looked at Etta. "Take them for interrogation. If they resist, kill them."
"Ma'am," announced Etta with a nod and a sharp tug at Ton, making him stumble slightly.
Frowning, Ton complied for the moment. But several miutes later, as they descended some stairs, he decided he'd had just about enough. Sharply, he lunged forward, his grip on the handrail letting him pull free of Etta's grip. The blonde, seeing Ton's movement, and copying it fluently, made his captor stumble, falling headlong down the stairs, where he fell in an unfortunate unconscious heap. Etta, in a sharp movement, lunged to grab Ton again. Wincing, Ton pulled back, waiting for the phobic pain. But none came.
"Don't touch him," grated the blonde forcefully, his grip on Etta's wrist frighteningly forceful. "Or you deal with me."
Her eyes held doubt. That's what it was - doubt. She wasn't convinced of what she was doing, and she was wondering if she was doing the right thing.
Either that or Ton was miles off and the blonde just frightened her senseless.
"We overpowered you," he continued casually, even daring to release her wrist. "I'm pretty strong when I want to be - you guys should be more careful."
"I..."
"Either that or I throw you down the stairs right now."
Etta frowned in a glare. "You wouldn't dare."
"Care to try me?"
Then, with that glare growing more forceful, she took a step backwards. "Against my better judgement."
The blonde nodded. "Thank you."
Etta spat, the saliva landing with a venomous plop near Ton's foot. "Get out."
Nodding, Ton took a few steps backwards before turning a running, the blonde not far behind him.
"You'll never get out!" came Etta's voice down the stairwell behind them.
"She's right..."
"What?" sharply, Ton came to a stop at a thick, heavy door. The slot beside it suggested it needed a swipe card to get through. A swipe card they didn't have.
"What now?"
"Piece of cake," murmured Ton, hunching beside the small panel and prising it off the wall, exposing the wires beneath. After a few tweaks, and tapping in numbers to the emergancy keypad, the door crunched and started to scrape open, the sound making the brunette wince. "There... we're good to go."
"How did you...?"
Ton stood up, smiling a little in a knowing smirk. "It's a secret. Now come on, if we want to get out we've got to move."
Nodding, the blonde followed brunette, as they creeped closer to freedom, for now undetected.

~~~~
OOC: Gah, I admit I took a lot of liberties with this post - and for that I apologise. Eclectic, if Etta isn't like that I apologise. She just seemed undecisive up to this point, and remember that it's only Ton's take on her behaviour. And I took liberties with the Fallen's "plotline" - for which I also apologise. Doukeshi and I just needed a reason for the Angels to interact with the Fallen. Since that's what this is all about ^_^;; Again, many apologies.

Jenk stopped in her tracks and turned around, her movement and silence quite disturbing. Kendra glanced at her, quick and fluid in her motion, "What?" she asked unsure of why Jenk was acting like this.

Jenk did not reply, she headed back down the rapidly lightening street, "Etta!" she called, searching left and right for her. There was no response for a few minutes and then Etta appeared, her eyes wide with confusion and anxiety, there was no sign of the two prisoners. "Etta?!" asked Jenk, her voice long and drawn, the question more of a demand.

"They.....they....t-they got" started Etta before Jenk cut her off, "Where?" she asked, anger clipping her sentence. Etta pointed down the alley and Jenk sprinted to it, looking at the heavy door. Jenk cursed loudly to the growing light, "Kendra!! Runners!" she screamed and looked hopelessly at the door.

"What?" came the sharp reply. Jenk half-turned, "They has to be others....they've ran" she said, hardly looking at her.

"Get after them" came the order, sharp and straight to the point. Jenk didn't need a second warning.

--- He scrambled through the rubble and ruins of the sector slums, his aching feet puonding against the soot and grime covered floor. Fallen girders and crumbling walls of damaged buildings barred his path constantly. He looked wildly about himself, his golden eyes holding a deep sense of panic and fear as harsh foreign sounds echoed about the slum. Vaulting over a bent steel fence he slid through the dust and grit, catching his footing and stumbling forward. His lungs were burning, his breath coming in ragged gasps as he gazed upwards at the derelict hotel looming up through the dark, damp clouds. Glancing over his shoulder in a fearful motion he sprinted forward towards the building, flinging himself at the broad wooden door. Noting the locks and shutters that barred the windows he pounded wildly on the door, screaming his warning to anyone who would listen.

"They're here! Goddamnit open the door! They're here....oh God!" ---

Karen glanced towards the hallway, her attention momntarily taken from the locked door infront of her. The blue light that surrounded her fingers dimmed as a confused frown creased her forehead. Steph stepped forward to rest a hand on the other Angel's shoulder, concern also clear on her face. Karen glanced at her friend and nodded slightly.

"I want you to guard this door and don't let anything out." Her voice was strong as she gave the order, clasping her friends hand as she did so. Steph nodded and took up her position in front of the locked door. Her orange eyes showed clear determination as she did so.

Stepping forward, Karen quickly approached the balcony that overlooked the hotel foyer. Many of the other clan members had already awakened and were now milling about the room, their hushed murmers buzzing in a low hum. Seeing Karen's appearance a dark haired Angel stood forward and indicated as to whether he should open the door. Karen nodded her approval as the pounding sounds and muffeled yells grew in their intensity. The darker Angel held his hand up to the door and a soft purple light grew from his fingers to cover the entrance. The locks unhinged and the door swung open. Instantly, the ragged and forlon looking form of the man barreled into the room. Shrugging off any attempts to aid him he searched the room frantically until his golden eyes met with clear crystal blue. Karen escended the stairs quickly as the stranger stumbled forward, collapsing as he reached the bottom step. Kneeling before the fallen figure she reached out and placed her hand on his head in a soothing gesture.

His breathign was harsh and his body shook from the effort, tearfilled gasps forming words.

"They're here...have to...help..they're.." Karen soothed him softly.
"Who's here? What's happening?"
The Angel started and looked up at her in panic. Scrambling backwards he shoved his way through the crowd that had now gathered.

"No!" He screamed fearfully "They're coming! They're here! You have to escape, run damnit!" Heading to the door he flung it wide open and dove for the exit. "Save yourselves! They're here...they..." his panicked screams were cut short as a spray of bullets tore through his body, his bloody and lifeless corpse propelled backwards through the door to collapse in a dead heap. Screams rose into the air as the purple eyed Angel slammed and locked the door as more bullets riddled the heavey exterior. Karen's eyes widened in shock as she saw the action Raising herself to her feet she desperatly attempted to call commands over the wild clamour. Seeing how vain her attempts were she called bright blue light into her palm and let loose a small flare to the high ceiling of the hall way. The blue sparks cause enough Angels to still for her to direct some sort of command.

"Collect yourselves! Get the old and the children out of here and defend the exits! You're powerful magical beings, by Odin act like it!"

A loud smash tore through the noise. Karen turned in time to see severalsmoke grenades being thrown through the glass and into the foyer. Smoke billowed into the room in thick clouds as masked soldiers barraged into the heavey door and through some of the shutterless windows. Weapons held ready they made a fearsome sight as they let loose into the crowd of assembled Angels.

"Here we go" Steph thought to herself, as she felt the power flowing through her. For days Steph had been restless, she knew this was due to her not using her powers for a while. Even though Steph had never been in any of the actual wars, she had fought in her fair share of battles.
As soon as the glass shattered she knew what was coming, smoke grenades. "Karen," She screamed in her mind, she had to tell her friend,"Karen, close your eyes, protect your mouth, Otherwise you'll be incapasitated and i'll be screwed."
hoping her friend had heard her, Steph threw up a force field type buble around herself and those nearest her. She wasn't the best angel on the offensive, but she was one of the best at defensive. The orange glow of her buble seemed to be the only thing the fallen could see, because all of their amunition was heading her way.
As she struggled to locate Karen in the thick smoke, Steph knew there was a massicare going on all around her. She only hoped Karen would be okay. Suddenly she saw the tell tale blue light, that could only belong to Karen. Only Karen has that kind of acurracy.