OtakuBoards

Parasite Eve

Tat2oo

Has anyone seen the Parasite Eve the movie? I know I know its not anime but it is from Japan and it's based on the hit video game. Just wondering if anyones seen it. Also Zeram the live action movie. Anyone seen that? Its the basis for the Anime Iria:Zeram the animation great anime by the way

• 2 years later...
Well, actually, just to clear up some mistakes: One, there isn't any such character known as Aya in the actual movie, and two, the movie (i believe) is based off the novel and not the video game. The video game is more of some side story of sorts from the original story. It's good indeed.

Personally, I thought the movie was good. It's definitely not like the game, but it has a great storyline in itself with impressive visual effects. I think you should at least give it a chance.

I personally own this movie and I would say it is definatly worth checking out at the least. It is true that it has little to do with the video game, and that is because the video game series is a spin off of the novel of which the movie is based off of. I myself would be interested in reading the book of which this is all based off of someday.

[quote name='Xiou']Well, actually, just to clear up some mistakes: One, there isn't any such character known as Aya in the actual movie, and two, the movie (i believe) is based off the novel and not the video game. The video game is more of some side story of sorts from the original story. It's good indeed..[/quote]

I'm glad you and Angelus sorted this out already.

The game came after both the book and movie (movie was in 1997, game was in 1998 -- both Japanese dates). I can confirm that the movie is based on the novel, too. So three people saying this should be enough to convince people lol.

I've not played the second game, but I have finished the first. My main complaint with it was simply how easy it was. I didn't even fight that crab boss to get the extra weapon and I still managed to finish the game in about six hours with no real trouble.

It was fun for its time, but even then it wasn't anything amazing. I thought it was a nice diversion and little more.