OtakuBoards

Chauvinism

Artemis

No, I wasn't talking about him. I can tell your ex has a few problems (fear of commitment= number 1). That, and thinking about it, he would almost fit the bill for chauvinism.

Well, so far the only person I can think of is someone with the same first name as me. But he didn't try to get back together with any ex, unless that was something I just didn't hear about. I guess I have no idea who it is.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm having to laugh now, b/c the problem has either changed or been solved. "Evan" flat out admitted to being gay recently (to me, at least). I'd been suspicious of it for awhile, but never really sure. Even now, I'm convinced that it's an attention-getter. He wants to be the only gay guy at our Catholic school and puts down all other guys who act gay or who think they might be. :rolleyes: So, the ego is still ever-present, but somehow, it's all gotten funnier. :laugh: (Perhaps he's bi....that would explain a lot...)
So, ZZ, have you figured it out yet? He was Peter Pan, Marcellus, and Joseph in several of our recent drama productions. And the guy you were referring to, Schippers, well, let's just say we pray for him a lot...He hasn't been too bad, lately...amazingly enough. He even went to RotK with us even though he has intense arachnidphobia... lol
~art~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PoisonTongue [/i]
[B] He seduces Eve with charisma, and even though Eve knows he?s up to something, she can?t resist, because he?s so damn charming?lol?similar to Raiha?s chats with Drix. [/B][/QUOTE]

Quiet you. So I'm Satan now, eh? What does that make YOU? Some little seductive imp or something of that nature.
:D
I digress. I doubt things change. Some people see life as a game, a dance, and art. So many metaphors to choose from. We're the pawns on the chessboard waiting to be manipulated. I love manipulating people, to a minor extent. That doesn't mean I have ulterior motives (or lack of) to be a total and complete Jackass.

I doubt you realize this, but by sitting there and acting nice to this guy while thinking "he's so fake" makes you just as fake as him. Why don't you just gather up the cajones to talk to him about it. This doesn't mean you have to go Dawson's Creek dramatic on him, but ask him why he acts so differently. It's sad to classify "most" men as chauvanists. Everyone has a different perspective, no? I prefer guys over women, the one's I know tend to be far less.... complicated.

Just look at Raiha. She's not a *****, but she'll act like one to "get back at you." I thank the stars she wouldn't need to use that tactic on me. I shoud quote one of my friends, Felicia "I just like hanging around guys because they are so easy to talk to, they aren't so dramatic." Drama. You want drama visit a women's studies class... I've seen them break out into pseudo-femenism rallies. Take femenism as you will, I see it as "women aren't just as good as men, they are better". It's descrimination that advances our society in no way.

Watch the movie "Dangerous Liasons" and open your eyes to a romantic idealism that could be metaphorically applied to today's society. I can't say much more as what's already been said. Try not to take me too seriously, because I don't.

Those are the kind of guys that later on in life end up alone if they do not lose their attitudes. They think they are hot, and they may be attractive, but looks fade, and based on their personalities alone, they will end up being the miserable ones. I vote on just ignoring them completely.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boba Fett [/i]
[B][COLOR=green]There will always be rude, disrespectful and arrogant people out there. They take up valuable space, and oxygen; but there's really nothing you can do but avoid them.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Oh, but we do adore company! Join us for tea, won't you?

Either gender has it's fools, that much is obvious. Unfortunately, it can be hard to tell when you're the puppet- or it can be insultingly obvious. The latter is quite annoying when it still seems to somehow 'work' for them.

As for me? I don't find myself overtly worried about how I am. I do seem to flirt quite frequently as I go about my business, heh. ^_~[/color]