OtakuBoards

Hikaru no Go!

Kyo no Ryu

Hikaru No Go is one of my all time favorite mangas. I've read up to volume 12 and it gets better with each volume. The characters and story are done very well. As more and more people are introduced, it gets really fun to read. The characters interaction with each other is really great.

Of course, the best part of the manga is......it really gets you into Go. Since I've started reading it, I've really taken an interest to the game.

It's definately on my all time best manga list.

[color=midnightblue]Yeah, I bought Shonen Jump 13 just earlier today (good issue, by the way) and Hikaru no Go was the first title in it.. Yet, at the same time, it had Yu-Gi-Oh as the main image on the cover. Why is it always either Yu-Gi-Oh or Dragonball Z recently..? I mean, those are probably the lowest rated titles on my list.

But I'm off on a tangent.

Anyway, I am very impressed with the colored pages. Apparently, even my mother admired it, and she could care less about manga or anime. In fact, the animation overall was thoroughly impressive. Takeshi Obata does some nice work.

There's something else about what I've read so far that keeps me interested, but I can't quite put my finger on it. It was probably the facial expressions. Fujiwara-no-Sai just is rather funny in the way he acts, I think.

But [i]how[/i] do they keep a board game like Go so intersting? I'm not asking that like some sort of skeptic, I already know that it is in fact interesting, I'm just not sure how.. It just somehow stays exciting.

I'm not sure on where this title stands in my list of favorite manga. It certainly is up there, but Naruto is starting to get even better than before.

*pulls out new Go beginners' guide* Of course, I'm saying all of this out of reading one chapter..[/color]

I also bought it just today, and I thought that Hikaru no Go was great. I really like Hikaru's hair, and then the entire manga just got better as you read along. I'm kinda interested in Go now, but the problem is where to find a board (I'm not allowed to purchase via the internet. :bawl: ). But, that's beside the point. Hikaru no Go, despite the lack of ninjas, saiyans, or millenium puzzles, is one of the best mangas in the entire SJ repetoire.

They always throw out DBZ and YUgi as covers because they are the most generally popular series' (Have the biggest name recognition for newcomers)

But yeah, I was a little worried about GO, but it seems kinda compelling. Manga has really captured the spirit of competition well, with all of the game and sports related manga. I can't wait to see him have the first match!

• 2 months later...
I do agree with the fact that Hikaru and Fujiwara no Sai are really cute! The other day my mom and I were reading Shonen Jump, and she thought that Fujiwara no Sai was a woman! I started to laugh at her so much! She also said that Hikaru was not cute at all! How could she say those things?

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Almost the same as me! Except, mine started when my mom was mad at me, cause I kept talking to her about Anime, and then she made fun of Ash from Pokemon and called him a little queer boy. And she did that to any guy I though was cute!:flaming: I showed her Hikaru.[/color][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Me:Is HE a litttle girl?[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Mom:yes[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Me(points to Fujiwara no Sai): Is he a little girl?[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Mom: No.[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Me: phew[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Mom; He's a big girl!:rotflmao: [/color][/font][/b]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue][b]Some parents just don't learn...[/b][/color][/font]:laugh:

Sephy's_Grl and Shadow Wolf, stop spamming up my forum. Your posts are simultaneously off-topic and poorly constructed. I've already warned both of you, and I'm starting to lose my patience: follow the rules, or face the consequences.

This thread has degenerated into a mess of mindless chatter. Consider it closed.

~Dagger~