Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
If you have gotten the newest Shonen Jump then you have read the first vol. of Hikaru no Go! It started out as a pretty cool manga and I hope it gets better. Share your opinions... especially if youve seen/read more.
Posted
I just got my Shonen Jump yesterday. ^_^ Yay! I read Hikaru No Go and it was awesome! I love it! The plot is good and it's totally funny. I think this manga will be a really good one. :D
Posted
Hikaru No Go is one of my all time favorite mangas. I've read up to volume 12 and it gets better with each volume. The characters and story are done very well. As more and more people are introduced, it gets really fun to read. The characters interaction with each other is really great.

Of course, the best part of the manga is......it really gets you into Go. Since I've started reading it, I've really taken an interest to the game.

It's definately on my all time best manga list.
Posted
I read it a few days ago and loved it. The whole plot is really interesting. It's not like the other manga I usually read. I found it to be very unique. I can't wait until they get more.

It started me on playing Go. Now I really enjoy playing Go everyday.
Posted
[color=midnightblue]Yeah, I bought Shonen Jump 13 just earlier today (good issue, by the way) and Hikaru no Go was the first title in it.. Yet, at the same time, it had Yu-Gi-Oh as the main image on the cover. Why is it always either Yu-Gi-Oh or Dragonball Z recently..? I mean, those are probably the lowest rated titles on my list.

But I'm off on a tangent.

Anyway, I am very impressed with the colored pages. Apparently, even my mother admired it, and she could care less about manga or anime. In fact, the animation overall was thoroughly impressive. Takeshi Obata does some nice work.

There's something else about what I've read so far that keeps me interested, but I can't quite put my finger on it. It was probably the facial expressions. Fujiwara-no-Sai just is rather funny in the way he acts, I think.

But [i]how[/i] do they keep a board game like Go so intersting? I'm not asking that like some sort of skeptic, I already know that it is in fact interesting, I'm just not sure how.. It just somehow stays exciting.

I'm not sure on where this title stands in my list of favorite manga. It certainly is up there, but Naruto is starting to get even better than before.

*pulls out new Go beginners' guide* Of course, I'm saying all of this out of reading one chapter..[/color]
Posted
I also bought it just today, and I thought that Hikaru no Go was great. I really like Hikaru's hair, and then the entire manga just got better as you read along. I'm kinda interested in Go now, but the problem is where to find a board (I'm not allowed to purchase via the internet. :bawl: ). But, that's beside the point. Hikaru no Go, despite the lack of ninjas, saiyans, or millenium puzzles, is one of the best mangas in the entire SJ repetoire.
Posted
They always throw out DBZ and YUgi as covers because they are the most generally popular series' (Have the biggest name recognition for newcomers)

But yeah, I was a little worried about GO, but it seems kinda compelling. Manga has really captured the spirit of competition well, with all of the game and sports related manga. I can't wait to see him have the first match!
Posted
Yeah I just got mine and read it. I thought it was ok. I don't real have much to say about it thogh. It was pretty good and I liked the characters but thats all I have to say.
  • 2 months later...
Posted
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]It's seriously funny! :rotflmao: They kinda copied Shaman King(which I LOVE) with the whole possesion thing, but that's cool. Cuz, they're not exactly alike.:) Hikaru's cute though! So is Fujiwara no Sai!:love: [/color][/font][/b]
Posted
I do agree with the fact that Hikaru and Fujiwara no Sai are really cute! The other day my mom and I were reading Shonen Jump, and she thought that Fujiwara no Sai was a woman! I started to laugh at her so much! She also said that Hikaru was not cute at all! How could she say those things?
Posted
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Almost the same as me! Except, mine started when my mom was mad at me, cause I kept talking to her about Anime, and then she made fun of Ash from Pokemon and called him a little queer boy. And she did that to any guy I though was cute!:flaming: I showed her Hikaru.[/color][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Me:Is HE a litttle girl?[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Mom:yes[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Me(points to Fujiwara no Sai): Is he a little girl?[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Mom: No.[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Me: phew[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Mom; He's a big girl!:rotflmao: [/color][/font][/b]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue][b]Some parents just don't learn...[/b][/color][/font]:laugh:
Posted
That reminds me of one time I used to like Vegeta, and my dad always said," He's queer, and he looks like he's about to blow up all the time." My mom actually likes anime, she watches it with me. He favorite anime is Vampire Princess Miyu.
Posted
Sephy's_Grl and Shadow Wolf, stop spamming up my forum. Your posts are simultaneously off-topic and poorly constructed. I've already warned both of you, and I'm starting to lose my patience: follow the rules, or face the consequences.

This thread has degenerated into a mess of mindless chatter. Consider it closed.

~Dagger~
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...