OtakuBoards

Do u think Tenchi should be put back on the line-up on Toonami??

Ryan

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DrunkenMaster88
d a m n straight they really should put tenchi back on air even if they don't have new episodes its alot better than nething on toonami now cept for dbz but they need the new episodes to show some more but tenchi is the best

Guest Samus Iran
Really. Tenchi just disapeared. Being the best show Toonami has outside of DBZ they should definatly put it back on. I mean, Ryoko is in it and everything. For her sake alone, they should put it back on.

• 2 weeks later...
They really need to put Tenchi back on. Besides DBZ and GW, that was the only really good show on Toonami. I mean, I can watch BB to a certain extent, but it basically has the same plot line as the old Batman, just with a futuristic backdrop and new villians (plus some old ones).

• 3 weeks later...
Most of you ppl are missing the point. The reason why they took it off was cause one, alot of tenchi fans, of the original version, not the crappy dub, where they put sake as tea, where complainin too much(me as one), and considering that most of the ppl who watch it are true otaku's(ppl who watch real anime, not like the dbz, which is now as american as apple pie, and apple pie came from Germany), they had to take it off. Two, they only had the two series, Tenchi in Tokyo, and Tenchi Muyo, what are they supposed to do, buy the rights to the manga, and show 25 minutes of Tenchi manga? Anyways, yes, even though Tenchi was dubbed, it was ok(cept for changing tea into sake, I can imagine it now, "Mom, how come she's getting drunk off of tea?") Besides, they should've changed the writing on the bottle to tea, and not keep it as Sake! Anyways, I say it should stay off the air, and so should GW, and they need to replace BB, and put one DB, with new eps, the ratings dropped after they showed all they have the fifth time around. And they need to bring in new eps of DBZ as fast as they can!

[COLOR=limegreen]Whoa! I didn't know of any of the Tenchi dubs! I had a feeling Tenchi was dubbed, but not like that! Sigh. I miss the show. And one thing's for sure:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]WE NEED MORE DBZ EPISODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/COLOR] :mad: :flaming: :bawl: :crying:

I am a BIG fan of the Tenchi series, but have yet to get it on tape. I do owe my discovering it to Toonami, but also, I don't like good anime to be hacked up and the dialogue butchered. If they put it on at midnight without editing it in any way, then I'd like it to be put back on. However, I don't want it back on now because of the editing. Just becoming popular while edited is a great accomplishment. That's just how good it is, but I don't want it back on.

• 2 weeks later...
4 is kinda late, but not really. i know people who stay up late.... but 10:30! that is when i start waking up! i try, and it is very hard for me to go to bed before 1 oclock. just the other day i wanted to go to bed at 1 so i could get some sleep, but stayed up til 3 anyways.

and, uh..., yeah. i would love to see tenchi back on toonami. i watched it several times, but it did get kinda tedious. i think it has been long enough that they can put it back on now. i havent seen 3 or so episodes out of all the series. i feel so empty.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]Most of you ppl are missing the point. The reason why they took it off was cause one, alot of tenchi fans, of the original version, not the crappy dub, where they put sake as tea, where complainin too much(me as one), and considering that most of the ppl who watch it are true otaku's(ppl who watch real anime, not like the dbz, which is now as american as apple pie, and apple pie came from Germany), they had to take it off. Two, they only had the two series, Tenchi in Tokyo, and Tenchi Muyo, what are they supposed to do, buy the rights to the manga, and show 25 minutes of Tenchi manga? Anyways, yes, even though Tenchi was dubbed, it was ok(cept for changing tea into sake, I can imagine it now, "Mom, how come she's getting drunk off of tea?") Besides, they should've changed the writing on the bottle to tea, and not keep it as Sake! Anyways, I say it should stay off the air, and so should GW, and they need to replace BB, and put one DB, with new eps, the ratings dropped after they showed all they have the fifth time around. And they need to bring in new eps of DBZ as fast as they can! [/B][/QUOTE]

there are 3 series: tenchi muyo, tenchi universe, and tenchi in tokyo. DBZ is dubbed, and most people are upset that a lot of the blood is gone and the swearing (which, by the way, there is no swearing in DBZ, the subtitlers just put them in).

what can you expect anyways, from an american television station. we like to think that the t.v. is causing our problems, even though (as arnold schwarzinager [or however you spell his name] sad) they have the same t.v. and movies in austria, and the kids arent killing eachother there.

if we didnt blame the violent cartoons and movies, who would we blame? besides, it is kinda fun to complain about the dubbing. ^_^