Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
This was nothing more than a vector tracing I did in Photoshop 7.0. I just figured i'd post it for the hell of it and maybe get those one or two customary replies. Eventually after I get some schoolwork cleared out of the way I do plan on getting back into the graphics scheme and possibly making real vector art but until then only small works like this are going to be posted by me :rolleyes:.

[url]http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/4045817/[/url]

Well there's the image; there might be slow load time because it is DA after all, then again considering the fact the image is quite small I highly doubt it.

(*I added a attachment so you can use that instead of the link, but keep in mind the white border will not appear =\*)
Posted
I usually don't comment on most things, but I have to talk about this.

You have the proportion and shape [i]perfect[/i] but there's no shading on the hair and that bothers me because there's shading on the beak. Also, the expression on his beak is odd, but it's still good. Great job :)
Posted
Heh thanks ^_^''. I'm in the process of creating my own anime styled character and like you said i've been working on shading with the hair and what not but the truth is... I suck at shading x_X. Even when I draw I can't shade for ****, oh well hopefully i'll get the hang of this shading buisness soon.
Posted
Lol, it's the same case on my side. In art class, when we're asked to shade and create gradients, I'm horrible. My friend is a genius with it though. He uses a smudge technique and he can shade amazingly.
Posted
I like it, like kinetic said, the shape and proportion and what have you is spot on, I couldn't complain. The colors are near exact also.

To be honest I dont think the hair needs shading too badly. Yes it'd be nice but the shading on the beak is enough I think, it doesnt look any worse without the shading. Hope you understood that o-O
Posted
Thank you all mighty 2 commenting people x__X. I'm working on a new Gundam Vector tracing getting the shading down is pretty time consuming though and takes a tad bit of work i'll post that if I ever finish it *does the snow dance* I had a early dissmisal because of the snow storm =}.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...