OtakuBoards

My Recent Art

Guest Horrorvacui

Guest Horrorvacui
I wanted to get some feedback on my latest brain fart, so here goes....

Alucard, b&w for high contrast
[img]http://server4.uploadit.org/files/011203-alucard.jpg[/img]
And the same thing colored
[img]http://server4.uploadit.org/files/011203-alucardcolor.jpg[/img]

[color=darkblue]
Awesome stuff Horrorvacui.
I love it. Its flawless IMO. The shadings great.
Oh, and did I mention the colored version is even better.
Its hard to beleive someone could draw that good^_^.

Nicely done Horrorvacui, ^_-

I'd love to see some of your other art more often :)
[/color]

Guest Horrorvacui
thanks :) im pretty proud of this one, just sat down and did it this afternoon....and it helps that im hopelessly addicted to hellsing. im terribly picky when it comes to my art, so i dont know how often ill post, but ill be sure to whenever ive got something worth showing :)

I love all the shading you did! You did really great with shading, it gives the character nice detail!! I like both the color and the black- and - white version, they both look really great!! I see nothing wrong with either of them! You drew both of them wondefully. Great job Horrorvacui ^^!! I hope to see more!! Maybe different characters from Hellsing ^^?

[color=chocolate][size=1]This is really good stuff. You did the shading wonderfully, and the colored version is nicely colored and I see nothing wrong with it. The colored one is better, but I think the black and white one is pretty cool too. You did great![/color][/size]

*wow*............
The first two are perfect in every way. Hmm....the only bad thing I can say about them is the facial expression....what is with [b]that[/b]?! I'm generally not so picky about poses/facial expressions. It's just....there's nothing else "wrong" with it...
As for the second one....fantabulous!! (a hybrid word of mine...don't ask)
My picky, and possibly insulting, comment, depending on how mentally fragile you are, is that the hand is all weird-like.
It doesn't matter though...I myself have always hated drawing hands. Hell...I've only just got the hang of drawing feet....
Anyway...

Pictures 1&2 (from first post): 9/10
Picture 3: 9.5/10

PS: That's just my opinion. I tend to be...no...I [b]am[/b] really tight when it comes to rating things. Hey...that's perfectionism...
If it ain't perfect, can it.
By the way, I [b]do[/b] know my banner and avi aren't exactly perfectionist work. I'm working on it....

Guest Horrorvacui
lol* i like perfectionism, it helps loads when it comes to improving. and you have pointed out exactly what bugs my about my own work. as for the first picture, it began as a quick sketch merely to get the hang of alucard, so i wasnt really working to hard to get it looking decent and alucard-y. i was going for that cocky, satisfied grin he gets, but it turned out more mischevious looking, [i cant spell, and dont pretend to] which i dont really care for.... and i think i did the ears too big.... hmm* the second one, i actually really like, except for the hand :) hands are tough no matter how long youve been drawing, and i did it without references :)

As long as we're being all perfectionist, heres one you guys can totally mutilate :) i didnt clean it or make it look pretty in photoshop, cuz im lazy. Its Meier Link from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

[img]http://server4.uploadit.org/files/051203-vhd.jpg[/img]