Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Nate's banner making contest: Judges' Scores


Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=teal]Sorry about the wait, everyone. ^_^ There were many contestants to judge, and has been a big contest. Here before you are the scores that I have given, and fully support. Nate will soon post his own scores, as well as [b]Megumi[/b], [b]Haze_Gundam006[/b], and [b]~Mystical Pan~[/b]. The judging was made as follows:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nate [/i]
[B]Size: Within the limits. 10 points or none.

Clear: How easy to read it is. 0 points up to 15 points.

Picture: The picture is understandable, or at least has something to do with the banner, i.e. no gundams on an inyu yasha banner. 0 points to 15.

Design: How nice the banner looks, or if it's real choppy. 0 to 20 points.

The text-to-image matching: How well the text suits the image. 0 to 15.

Subject: The subject of the banner is clear, and is easy to understand. 0 to 15.

Looks: The colors of the banner match good, and the banner just has a nice appeal. 0 to 5.

A perfect is 100 points, and the worst is 0. IF multiple people get 100s or tie for second place, or such and such, I will get another person to judge all of those who tie independently.[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]There is one thing I should add to this, however. The scores given only add up to 95, so the last category, looks, has been raised from being worth 5, to counting for 10.

After all of the judges post their scores, Nate will average them together and give us a final list. The awards are whatever he can come up with; i.e. we have no idea yet. ;)

[b]Member[/b]: Braidless Baka: 87
[b]Size[/b]: 10
[b]Clarity[/b]: 13
[b]Picture[/b]: 15
[b]Design[/b]: 17
[b]Matching[/b]: 12
[b]Subject[/b]: 14
[b]Looks[/b]: 6

Dagger IX1: 63 (I've liked your other work a lot more)
10
3
15
10
9
13
3

Evolved_Dragon: 86
10
14
15
17
9
15
6

DeViLOF23: 83
10
12
15
17
9
14
6

haruno_sakura: 87
10
12
15
19
11
12
8

ARTommy: 90
10
15
15
15
15
15
5

Blista: 96
10
13
15
19
15
15
9

stun gun milly: 76
10
8
14
14
11
14
5

eclectic: 83
10
11
14
17
12
12
7

.h4ck: 61
10
9
14
4
10
11
3

Kazuko: 91
10
n/a (15)
15
16
n/a (15)
14
6

Conna_da_fox: 85
10
15
15
14
11
15
5

Kyo no Ryu: 81
10
12
15
16
13
9
6

Katana: 72
10
9
15
15
6
11
6

doukeshi03: 91
10
13
15
18
12
15
8

eino69: 69
10
7
15
12
6
15
4

The Mac Attack: 92
10
15
15
17
13
15
7

Emme88: 75
10
12
14
12
7
14
6

Keiko: 68
10
11
13
11
5
14
4

Kinetic: 93
10
14
15
18
13
15
8

Baron Samedi: 97
10
15
15
18
15
15
9

Nate: 65
10
13
9
10
9
11
3

Shippo: 82
10
11
15
15
12
15
4

That's right, [b]Baron Samedi[/b] wins my vote. Remember, none of these scores was intentional; it's just what they came out to be after rating each category.

Top three scores:

[b]Baron Samedi[/b]: 97
[b]Blista[/b]: 96
[b]Kinetic[/b]: 93

Congrats to all who participated. :)[/color]
Posted
Ehm...Sorry to interrupt, but why was my entry deleted? You said we could get the final banner's in, so I deleted my previous Goku entry, and entered an Aeris banner, but it was deleted :(...Why was it deleted though? And then the thread was closed...
--
Again, im really sorry about interrupting, but I just had to get this off my chest...:(
(the banner I entered is in attahcment.)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shippo [/i]
[B]Ehm...Sorry to interrupt, but why was my entry deleted? You said we could get the final banner's in, so I deleted my previous Goku entry, and entered an Aeris banner, but it was deleted :(...may I ask why? And then the thread was closed...
--
Again, im really sorry about interrupting, but I just had to get this off my chest...:(
(the banner I entered is in attahcment.) [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]There were a few individual's banners that never showed up on that post that Nate made of all of the banners, but I can't remember specifically who these people were. In any case, I've added your scores to the list. (see latest one)[/color]
Posted
Here are my scores. They are set up the exact same way Syk's are. Also I did not know which banner of Baron's to judge so I just did both. Which did you do Syk? I will lable them beside his name.

Member: Braidless Baka: 88
Size: 10
Clarity: 14
Picture: 15
Design: 16
Text: 12
Subject: 14
Looks: 7

Dagger IX1: 84
10
11
13
17
10
15
8

Evolved_Dragon: 89
10
14
15
15
12
15
8

DeViLOF23: 85
10
12
15
15
11
15
7

Haruno_Sakura: 89
10
13
15
17
12
13
9

ARTommy: 90
10
15
15
14
15
15
6

Blista: 93
10
14
15
17
14
15
8

stun gun milly: 81
10
9
14
15
12
14
7

eclectic: 83
10
12
14
15
12
14
7

.h4ck: 69
10
11
13
8
9
13
5

Kazuko: 89
10
14
15
16
15
13
6

Conna_da_fox: 86
10
14
15
16
15
13
6

Kyo no Ryu: 78
10
12
15
13
10
12
6

Katana: 76
10
11
14
15
10
9
7

doukeshi03: 91
10
14
14
18
13
13
9

eino69: 70
10
10
15
8
7
15
5

The Mac Attack: 90
10
15
14
15
13
15
8

Emme88: 70
10
11
13
11
9
11
5

Keiko: 59
10
9
9
8
10
10
3

Kinetic: 94
10
14
15
18
13
15
9

Baron Samedi (Honeycomb): 96
10
15
15
18
15
15
8

Baron Samedi (Inuyasha Demon-man): 96
10
15
15
18
14
15
9

Nate: 73
10
13
11
12
10
13
4

Shippo: 91
10
15
15
15
13
15
8


I guess that makes my top three:
Baron Samedi: 96
Kinetic: 94
Blista: 93
Congrats to the three of you!! ^^ Like Syk said these scores were not intentional. They came out to be like that. And Nate I realize that the scores I had sent you earlier are completely different than the ones that are above. I just didn't think that I should have judged so lightly. So I went back and judged harder.

A lot of you guys did farely well in the contest. A lot of you not so
well. I was very disappointed with the level of banners that were
shown. It was almost like the contest wasn't taken seriously which makes me kind of sad but even more mad. I
judged these slightly on the hard side, but that is because I don't
want to give good scores to a bad banner. I didn't stick with my
usual "nice-girl" approach and went with what was the truth. So
anyone who wants an explaination of their scores, feel free to email me. I will not respond if you PM me so please don't try that.
Thank you all for sending in your banners.
Love always
~haze
Posted
I know Im in but my banner sucked and this looks fun! So can I please? You dont have to include my judgement...


Braidless Baka: 86
Size: 10
Clarity: 13
Picture: 9
Design: 17
Text: 15
Subject: 14
Looks: 8

Dagger IX1: 67
10
10
12
15
4
10
6

Evolved_Dragon: 89
10
14
14
17
14
12
8

DeViLOF23: 82
9
12
12
16
9
14
10

Haruno_Sakura: 91
10
14
15
18
14
13
7

ARTommy: 95
10
13
15
19
15
15
8

Blista: 80
10
14
13
16
11
9
7

stun gun milly: 63
7
10
8
10
9
13
6

eclectic: 93
10
15
14
18
13
14
9

.h4ck: 66
6
10
10
14
7
12
7

Kazuko: 93
10
14
15
18
15
13
8

Conna_da_fox: 94
10
13
15
18
14
15
9

Kyo no Ryu: 84
8
12
15
16
14
13
6

Katana: 84
9
14
13
17
13
11
7

doukeshi03: 92
10
15
14
18
14
14
7

eino69: 80
10
11
11
16
13
12
7

The Mac Attack: 90
10
15
14
15
14
15
7

Emme88: 76
8
11
11
14
13
13
6

Keiko: 59
9
10
9
10
8
8
5

Kinetic: 97
10
15
15
19
14
14
10

Baron Samedi (Honeycomb): 85
10
11
11
18
14
13
8

Baron Samedi (Inuyasha Demon-man): 92
10
14
14
17
15
14
8

Nate: 74
10
12
12
15
9
9
7

Shippo: 88
10
14
13
16
14
13
8

My top three are therefor:
Kinetic: 97: Very nice banner with crisp colors and nice size
ARTommy: 95: I love Zelda and this banner perfectly portrays the games greatness
Conna_Da_Fox: 94: A woonderful display of the battosai forms

I learned a lesson here. I need to go harder on people.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kyo no Ryu [/i]
[B]I know Im in but my banner sucked and this looks fun! So can I please? You dont have to include my judgement...[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Why..did you judge when you knew you wern't a judge and we wern't going to count it? O_o Besides, a quick run-through of the numbers shows a lot of errors, such as a 12/10 for someone in the last section. o.o[/color]
Posted
because it looked fun and WAS fun though it took a half-hour. I fixed the 12/10 accident by the way, hehe. Oh well, I guess Ill have to wait for the next contest... GO KINETIC!
Posted
[color=teal]Megumi, ~Mystical Pan~, and Nate, we are still awaiting your scores.

*how did I become in charge of yet another contest? o__o*

Come on Nate, get on the ball, heh.[/color]
Posted
I sent my scores to Nate, but I didn't write how I judged them (ten for this, twelve for that etc.), only the final scores. And I'll have to see if I still have them. ^_^; Sorry, I didn't realize we were supposed to post them here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...