OtakuBoards

Ruroni Kenshin

DDG

OOC: oh sorry, i thought you were gonna go and finish them off or something, well dont worry, ill make a fight but not a long or important one, just a little short bout(im kinda bored ;))

Kitaro listened to what the man said and cocked an eyebrow
"Trying to escape eh?, well i dont blame you, like i said youre not in much of a condition to fight me"

"Alright kid i gave you a chance to get out of here alive but i guess you got a death wish, so let me help you fullfil(sp?) it

The man started running at Kitaro sending a downward slash with his katana, Kitaro quickly dashed to the side and evaded, then again the man quickly slashed to the side, Kitaro blocked with his katana and jumped backwards then dashing towards the man, both of the swords clashed, and both the man and Kitaro faced each other

"Youre better then i thought old man, whats your name?"
"My name is of no importance to you you cocky brat"

suddenly both men jumped backwards and then Kitaro jumped high into the sky, and as he was falling down the man heard him say

"Hiten Mitsurugy Ryu, Ryu Tsui Sen!"
Kitaro swooshed down with his sword ready to slash at the man, but at the last second the man raised his katana blocking the blow, and while doing that swung Kitaro's katana out of his hand and dropping Kitaro on to the ground.
Kitaro lay down, surprised, when suddenly the man pointed his katana at Kitaro's neck

"How do you know the Hiten style brat?, are you after the battousai as well?"

At the sound of Kenshin's famous name Kitaro, now a bit more interested
"How do you know about Kenshin?, did you have something to do with his kidnapping??"

"Bah, I got no time dealing with brats, this ends now!"

Just as the man began thrusting his sword at Kitaro, Kitaro rolled back, and while crouching preformed a sweep kick that tripped the man off his feet and onto the ground.
Kitaro started running for his sword and just as he was about to grab the handle, a kunai(for those of you who dont know, a Kunai is a ninja throwing dagger) pierced Kitaro's palm making him twich in pain from the sudden hit, cluching his hand, Kitaro stared at the man

"Iv wasted too much time on you, i need to get going back to camp, you better hope we dont meet again"

And just like that, the man dissapeard into the trees.
Kitaro pulled out the kunai from his palm, grabbed his sword and sheathed it back, stared at the direction the man went to for a few more moments...

OOC: wow, it turned out much longer then i thought, lol, hope its ok

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.O.C.: wow, now that was interesting. That did turn out pretty long but it was really interesting, cool, and just plain awesome!

DG silently watched a fight break out. From the way one of the men fought, she knew that he was Ebirus. DG was know intent on studying how Ebirus fought and moved. While Ebirus and fought the other man DG opened the window to hear better. She suddenly recognized Ebirus voice and was for sure it was him. DG leaned out onto the window sill and watched more closely, it was a little hard to see throught the trees at the edge of the forest but she could see the fights outcome. Ebirus seemed to be threating the other man. But the other man had tripped Ebirus. He dashed for his sword but did not reach it before Ebirus had thrown a Kunai at him. Ebirus suddenly dashed off. DG was astonished at the way Ebirus and the other man had fought. She slowly came back inside and closed the window. She leaned back in the chair and closed her eyes. She slowly drifted back off to sleep....

O.O.C.: That turned out more interesting than I thought it would. It was fun to type too!

Kia woke up finally. She heard something, a minute ago. Ebirus's voice rang faintly in her ears. She knew he was near, yet he was not after them. She shook her head, trying not to remember her battle. She despised failure. Suddenl, she remembered what she promiced DG's granfather and started to write a letter to him, telling him what happened. She got up and changed out of her hospital clothes and walked outside. DG woke up during the middle of the night, Kia thought, otherwise she would be awake. She found the nearest post office and dropped her letter off. As she walked back to the hospital, she noticed a face in a window of the hotel near the hospital. She felt the same eerie feeling as the one in the forest. She knew these people had followed DG and her. She ran inside and laid back down, waiting for DG to wake up.
--------------
It ain't perfect but it'll probably keep the story going...

O.O.C.: Guess its enough for me to write a little somethin.

DG slowly opened her eyes and looked at Kia. Kia was all dressed in her normal clothes. DG stood up and changed into her own clothes also. "Where have you been Kia?" DG asked sitting back down in front of the window. Kia sat up. "I was sending a letter to grandpa. I told him I would." she answered smiling. DG nodded. She picked up her sword from the floor where it had fallen and put it into its sheath. She stared out the window and looked at the hotel next to the hospital. Kia looked also. "I saw someone looking at me from one of the windows. I think they were following us also. Maybe they are looking for Kenshin too."she said. DG looked at all of the windows. "Or, they could be working with Ebirus" she mumbled, in thought. "but, we will never know, until we find out." she found a window with a boy looking out at her in it. She smiled. The boy's face went pale, he disappeared from the window. "Well, it looks as if our followers have noticed I've found there whereabouts..."DG counted how many windows it was up and over. "Lets say we pay our "friends" a visit, shall we?" DG suggested and stood up.

O.O.C. The fight was cool, I have no problem with it.

Ebirus trudged in slience through the woods. His characterisitc smile played on his lips. Things were really starting to get interesting, and he liked it. The young man using the Hiten technique had been a surprise, he had to confess, but that just made things more of a challenge. He had yet to meet the two brothers, but he felt sure it would happen soon. He anticipated the meeting with great pleasure. He liked nothing better than beating a new foe, learning their strengths and weaknesses while hiding his own, and then slowly zeroing in for the kill. The zanbattou was a fearsome weapon, but it had many weaknesses. The weapon's sheer weight and size were it's greatest strength and it's greatest weakness. It took a great deal of power to block a full fledged blow from one of those large swords, but if one were agile enough, they could dart in on the backswing, when there was no chance the they could bring the massive sword back to block. Yes, he looked forward to that meeting. He had no doubt in his mind that the 5 would eventually band together, and work with each other to gain the same end. This would require all Ebirus's cunning and concentration, and he looked forward to it.
His hideout come into sight. He hailed the guards hidden in the bushes, who stood upright at attention. He walked into the new hideout, to await DG's next move. Spies were ordered to watch each of the people who were looking for Kenshin.

O.O.C: Not a whole lot of action here... Hopefully enough for someone else to build off of. (Maybe someone could notice that they're being watched by the spies, or something.)

Gene looked out the window to see the girls they were following were coming to see them. Gene grabed his weapons and went to find his brother. He found him sharpining his zanbattou. "Our targets are coming and we're being watched" gene said. "Ya I noticed. The guy's on a roof about three buildings away" mal said standing up. Gene walked over to a window as mal got up and followed. "He's over there. He came some time after those two guys in the forest finished there fight and hasn't left" mal said pointing. Gene opened his window as he drew an arrow and took aim. He fired the arrow and hit there watcher. The persion fell off of the building. "Well since they're out of the way for the time being let's go meet those two" gene said closing the window as they left the room.
They left the hotel as the girls came out of the hospital. "So what is it that you two want" mal asked as they walked to each other. "How do you know we were planning to talk to you" one of them asked. "For one you looked right at me when we were in the hotel and it's seems we'll both be heading in the same way" gene said. "Your trying to save kenshin to" the other one asked. "I'm just out to fight him and nothing more. I don't care what happens to him after words" gene said. "Once gene has his fight with kenshin we'll be on our way" mal said. "So is there any thing else you two want to talk about or are we going to just stay here, be silent and wait for one of the guys who've been following us to show up" gene asked.

DG looked at the two men strangely. They wanted to fight Kenshin. That was all. "Yeah, I have a question."she said. The men looked at her. "What are your names?" she asked. They laughed. "Of course, I am Gene and this is my brother Mal."Gene said. "Well, my name is DG and this is Kia." They all looked at each other for a few seconds longer before Kia said. "Well, come on! Let's go!" The small group began walking through the town, looking out for spies.

O.O.C.- sorry its so short, I can't think of anything at the moment.

Gene fell back with mal so they could try to speak with each other with out the others listening. "So what will we do after you fight with kenshin" mal asked. "We'll be on our way and I can continue to perfect my technique and don't even ask becuase I probaply wont make you one for awhile" gene said. Mal just nodded. "So what do you think about those two" mal asked pointintg. "I think they're good fighters and they'll have a challandge finding kenshin" gene said closing his eyes. "I'm not talking about there fighting skills. I'm talking about how they act. I for one think they're cute" mal said smilling. Gene just hit him in the head. "Get controll of your self and focus mal. You can worry about how they look later after we've found kenshin and i've had my fight with him" gene said glairing at mal. Mal just nodded as he rubbed his head. "O.k but do you think you could hit a little less harder next time" mal asked. "I can't promise you any thing and keep on your gaurd" gene said as he looked around.

DG glanced back at Gene and Mal. They had fell back a little and were talking. Kia hit DG on the arm. DG glared at her. "Yes, Kia?"she asked. Kia pointed to the dojo. "Come on! Let's go!"she pulled DG over to the dojo and inside.
They looked around. "Wow, look at all the people!" Kia ran off.
"Kia! Wait up!" DG yelled and ran after her. She followed Kia to a crowd of people. They listened to the master(is that the right word?) of the dojo, speaking to the pupils. Kia and DG joined the crowd. Since the crowd was so large, they didn't even notice that a spy of Ebiru's had stolen their weapons and was getting away.

Mal and gene waited outside the dojo door for dg and kia to come out.

"So how long do you think this will take" mal asked.

"Who knows. They could just be listening to a lecutre instead of getting some information" gene said.

Mal just nodded. As they waited they started to hear some one running. They saw a man run past them holding some weapons. Mal took out his whip and caught the guy in the legs. Ma; started pulling the mand back who was trying to escape.

"So whose are these" gene asked looking at the weapons.

"They're mine" the man said.

"Then why were you in such a hurry" mal asked takeing out his zanbattou.

"If they were your then how come you were in a hurry" gene asked.

The man didn't say any thing. Gene picked up the weapons and headed back into the dojo.

"This can go two ways. You can tell me who your working for or I can let go of my zanbattou and cut off your head" mal said smilling as he held the zanbattou over the mans neck.

Kia listened intentavely to what the master said. "Kia can we go now?" DG asked impatiently. "Hold your horses! Im coming in a second!" Kia responded. DG suddenly noticed Kia's sword was not on her back. "Kia! Where'd your sword go?" She said looking down to check if hers was gone as well, "and where'd mine go?" "They're both right here. A guy outside was tryin' to run off with them." Gene said, pushing through the crowd. He handed them their wepons and they left. Outside Mal was talking to a man on the floor. "Who's that?" Kia and DG asked. "Turns out he's one of Ebiru's guys." Mal said dropping his zanbatou to walk over to the others.

Kitaro was about to turn back to the city and find the 2 brothers, he hoped they havnt left yet, when suddenly he heard a noise from behind, he slowly crouched and picked up the kunai that peirced his hand only a few seconds earlier, he stared from the corner of his eye and quickly turn around and threw the kunai, the kunai enterd a tree top, and a falling noise was heard

"Time to get some answers"

Kitaro calmly walked into the bushes, behind them he saw the spy he just dropped from the tree top, he crouched down, and stared at the frightened spy

"Hello, lets have a talk shall we?....."

Ebirus sat outside, deep in the forest, in front of a flickering campfire. There were sixteen men gathered around him. All were dressed in black, but carried different weapons. Several carried the regular Katana's. several the straight ninja swords, others merely had a pair of daggers. As Ebirus looked each of them over in turn, he nodded approvingly.

"You have all been summoned here because you've been found to be excellent fighters." He said to the group. "And also because you don't mind making a little extra money, now and again."

There was some scattered laughter.

"There is party of 5 in a nearby town, that are searching for something. I don't want them to find it. If you men can take care of them, you will be rewarded handsomely. These people, two girls, two boys, and another, a young man, are not novices at the art of fighting. They have, thus far, survived all attempts on their lives. Since I am making a trip up north, I do not wish to spend any more time trying to deal with them. So I leave them in your capable hands."

Several of the men smiled cruelly.

Ebirus looked them over one more time. He was sure they could get the job done.

Ebirus sent them on their way, with orders not to attack all at once. He'd suggested doing it slowly, keep them off balance and always on guard. Much as he wanted to stay and see the job done himself, it was tiem he made himself scarce in these parts. He only hoped that his spies had enough endurance not to reveal anything if they were caught. Otherwise, the girl and her firends might follow. And he didn't want that to happen.

O.O.C. ok, this may be my last post for a while. I'm hoping you guys can stretch out the conflict with these 16 new enemies for awhile, and then, since I'm sure you're going to follow me, pretend that I keep sending more spies. I'll try and get up and post at least once over Christmas vacation, but I can't promise anything. Happy fighting! :)

Gene and the others were walking through the town as herd some one fall from a tree. "There goes another spy" gene said. "How do you know another spy was caught" dg asked looking back. "I've asked that to but he never tells me. I think it's apart of the fighting style he created" mal said. "What's the style called" kia asked. "That's just it. He wont tell any one the name of it becuase he doesn't want any one to know how to use" mal said looking down. "I don't want my style to be used for wrong purposes so I will not teach it to any one or tell any one it's name" gene said. "If you knew some one who wouldn't use it for any evil purpose who you teach it to them" dg asked. "Yes but the only persion I would want to teach it to is mal. He has a possibilaty to learn it but he still has a way to go before he's strong enough" gene said.
"The only problem is there is no part of it that uses a zanbattou so i'll need to started useing a lighter sword. If I ever want to learn the fighting style he created i'll need to get a new sword even though I like the main weapon I have now" mal said brining his head up. "Can't you just make him an attack that uses a zanbattou" kia asked. "He keeps asking me to and I tell him not to push his luck. Once I find kenshin and fight him then i'll think about it" gene said looking on ahead. He knew that people would come out of the forest to slow down there search for kenshin. He didn't mind becuase it would mean more training for him to improve his fighting style.

DG looked at Gene with interest. This man wouldnt tell anyone his fighting style...she thought to herself. It was not a strange thing because she understood that he did not want it used for evil, but interesting was all it was. DG suddenly looked around. She thought she had heard something. Kia looked around also. "Did anyone else hear that?" DG asked. Kia, Gene, and Mal nodded. "It was probably just another spy." Kia answered and continued through the forest. DG shrugged off the thought that Ebirus was following them. And if he was, DG would have felt him. But, she was now dwelling on the thought that someone was following them. She tried not to worry about it as they began walking through the heart of the forest but did keep and eye out for anything else suspicious.

Kia looked around and sighed. [I] Man! These people are too uptight! So what if anyone's following us, we can take 'em![/I] She thought. "I'M BORED!" She groned aloud. DG shook her head, "no one told you this was gonna be fun, Kia. Maybe you should've stayed with my grandfather after all." She said, teasing her with the thought of staying home and cleaning. Kia was shocked. "Never! I don't wanna be at home cooking and cleaning while you get all the glory for rescuing Kenshin!" DG laughed and Mal gave a slight chuckle. "Kia, chill! I was just kidding!" But Kia wasn't listining. She was thinking about something that was nagging at her. "DG, if Kenshin is so powerful, then why'd he let himself get caught?"

Kia had brought up something that DG had never thought about. She pondered at it while Kia thought aloud. [i]What a question....how could I have not thought of it before....if Kenshin is so strong....how did he get captured....[/i]DG thought to herself while looking around. [i]How had I not thought of it...how...how could it have happened....something fishy is going on....something that needs to be stopped, immediately.....[/i]

O.O.C.-Writers block, sorry bout the short post.

"P...Please dont kill me, I'll tell you everything just dont kill me please"

Thats what the spy that Kitaro hit said when Kitaro leaned(sp?) above him.
This man is so scared, it doesnt seems that he has any loyalty to his leader, why would that man send such cowerds for spys?, oh well, less work for me, Kitaro thought, he pulled out the kunai that was stuck in the man's shoulder.

"Ok, if you dont want this thing inside and out of your throat start speeking, who is your leader?, where is the camp?"

"I...I dont know the captain's name, he only tells it to his most trusted men, but, but i can tell you where our camp is, just please dont kill me..."

"Well go on already, where's your camp?"

The man started pointing east when suddenly Kitaro heard a noise from behind him, he turned and saw an arrow flying fast towards him, Kitaro tried to evade but it was too late, the arrow was too close...expecting for an arrow in his chest Kitaro was surprised to see the arrow just passed him only scratching his cheek which started bleeding

"Missed?..."
Suddenly it was clear, Kitaro wasnt the target, it was the spy, he turned quickly and saw the arrow piercing the man's throat,Kitaro quickly turned around and saw some more arrows flying towards him, this time he was the target for sure, he quickly pulled out the sheath from his belt and placed it infront of him blocking all of the arrows, he stoop up, looking for where the arrows came from

"Who are you?, show yourself!"
Then from one of the tree tops jumped down a figure, he landed infront of Kitaro and both stared at each other.
The man was wearing a brown cloak with a hood that was on his head, browns leather gloves and boots, and a black leather armor, he was also packing a short bow and a quilt(sp?) of arrows on his back, a dagger strapped to his thigh, and a small crossbow devise on his wrist, he looked like some kind of a rogue...

"You dont look like a spy, who are you?"

"My name is Loki, I am a part of a mercenary group sent to kill you and your friends, and ill get a very nice bounty on your head, now prepare to die"
Loki quickly pointed his arm towards Kitaro, and from his wrist crossbow shot 3 bolts towards him.....

Gene and the others walked through the forest. Nothing had happened since they had left the dojo and it was bugging gene. If some one wanted them to keep from finding kenshin wouldn't some one be there to fight them. He looked around and thought he noticed some thing ahead of them.

"I think we should stop going on this path guys" gene said stopping.

"Why do you say that gene" kia asked as she stopped and looked back.

Gene bent down and picked up a stick. He threw it ahead of them and it hit some thing in front of them. Arrows started firing from trees. The arrows hit the stick as it fell to the ground.

"There was a trap net waiting for us. If we had kept going we would of been hit by the arrows" gene said.

"Thanks for the warning gene" dg said.

"Well it's official that you're no rookie" a voice said from around them.

"So should we take them out and take out some threats" another voice asked.

"Sure why not. This should be fun" the voice from before said.

Two people dressed in black dropped out of the trees. They drew there weapons and looked over the group.

"So who will be the first ones we kill" one of the people asked.

"I'll step up. Is there any one else who'll fight with me" gene asked as he drew his sword.

[color=blue]DG looked at the two men. She drew her sword.

"I will fight also." she said with confidence.

The two men starting attacking Gene and DG. DG blocked the bigger one's attack with his katana with ease. She pushed him backwards and caught him off balance. She quickly slashed at him a few times. Slices appeared all across his body but he wasn't ready to give up that quickly. He lashed at her with his katana. She blocked it but he pushed her backwards with his katana. She tripped over a rock and fell to the ground. Her sword flew out of her hand and landed a few feet away. He laughed and swung his katana downwards to kill her but she quickly rolled out of the way and grabbed her sword. She jumped up and swung her sword at him. His fell backwards, clutching his stomach. DG came closer to him for the kill.

OOC- cliffhanger!!!! The suspense is killing you isn't it???[/color]

Gene ran at his opponent who ran back. There swords hit each other as both fighters tried to push each other back. Gene jumped back and kicked his attacker. His opponent started falling back untill they hit a net. The fighter jumped away as arrows were fired from the trees. As the fighter moved gene ran up to him and started slashing. His opponent moved back as gene slashed but he still manadged to get a hit. The opponent jumped into the tree to hide from him.

"Where did he get to" gene asked him self as he looked around.

As he searched he herd a rustling sound and turned around. His opponent jumped out of the tree and started slashing at gene. gen was pushed back untill he was at a tree. As his opponent started to slash he jumped and pushed off against the tree. He took out his bow and fired five arrows as his attacker started running. The arrows went through his arms and legs. The fith arrow went past the mans neck and left a cut.

"I guess I should work on my aim. That last one should of pierced your neck. You can tell use your employer or have this one go through your neck and this time I wont miss" gene said takeing out another arrow.

DG swung her sword at the man but he had a trick up his sleeve. Well, he literally did. He shot throwing knives out of his sleeve and into DG's legs and arms.
"Ahh!" DG fell to the ground and dropped her sword.
The man stood up slowly and brought his sword up to her neck.
"Prepare to die, little girl!" he yelled and brung his sword back but before he could make the killing blow, Kia slashed the man with her sword and pushed him into a tree. As Kia began fighting with the man, DG crawled off to the side with Mal.

"You shouldn't play tricks like that, you might get hurt!" Kia taunted. [I]This guy isn't so tough! He's played all his cards and he's only seen one of mine![/I] Kia thought as she rushed her raising opponent. "Be gone! I was fighting with the other girl not you!" He said. "Shut up and fight me." Kia spat. "You incolent little twerp! I'll show you!" He yelled as he rushed at her. Kia easily dodged him and slashed his back again. "Is that all you've got old man?" She said as she dodged his knives. "You're dead!" Kia rushed at him, as quickly as she could and slashed him once and for all. Kia walked back to DG and Mal while the severed head and body dropped to the ground.

All 3 bolts flew quickly towards Kitaro, he quickly rolled to the side and dodged-all 3 bolts hits the tree behind him

"You wont get me with those little splintes you got there"

Loki smiled and said-"I was hoping you'd say that"

With increadible speed that surprised Kitaro, Loki while jumping back up into the tree took out his short bow and quickly put an arrow in to it, streached the bow and released the arrow, Kitrao quickly drew his sword and sliced the arrow as it flew near him

"Not bad, lets kick it up a notch"

Again with amazing speed, Loki took his bow and this time pulled not one but two arrows out of his quilt, put them in his bow and fired at Kitaro.
Kitaro tried to dodge the arrows, he managed to escape the first but the second arrow pierced his left shoulder, droppin him against the tree behind

"Youre mine samurai!!"
3 more bolts flew out of the tree top heading for Kitaro's head and throat. With a determined stare Kitaro quickly jumped up into the tree top then sprang forwards through the tree tops towards Loki, befor he knew it, Loki's short bow was sliced into two and dropped to the ground

"That was my favorite bow, youll pay!"
Loki raised his arm and shot yet another 3 bolts from his wrist crossbow, which Kitaro easily knocked away with his sword, then Kitaro noticed that Loki was rushing towards him, his dagger drawn trying to slash at Kitaro, Kitaro blocked the dagger and quickly slashed at Loki's chest, Loki was hit and dropped to the ground.
Kitaro jumped down from the tree top and went over to Loki

"Youre no match for me rogue"
"Damn you samurai..."
Loki reached up with his hand as if to grab Kitaro, then passed out.
Kitaro went away as Loki quietly died from his wound, while braking the arrow in his left shoulder and taking it out-which left a large and still bleeding wound-Kitaro heard fighting noises not too far from his position

"More mercenaries?...."
Kitaro rushed to the location of the sounds.....