OtakuBoards

OK, Otaku Fitness Freaks. Beat This!!!

UnsungHero

Guest cloricus
To get on an army cadet course you have to be 13 to 18 years old and must complete a BFA which has 25 sit-ups, 15 push ups (real ones) followed by a 2.6km run which must be completed within 12 minutes. All of this is to be completed in rapid succession.

Basically, you've got jack.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by UnsungHero [/i]
[B]OK guys let's see if you can do better.

My personal best in running 2.4 kilometres is 11:54.

:smirk:

I challenge anyone to beat that!

At the end I nearly through up, my legs were stuffed and my lungs felt inflammed. [/B][/QUOTE]

On a bad day, I do about three miles worth of cardio worth over 7000 strides and 580 calories. On a good day, I do over five miles.

Time-wise, I'm not sure if I have bragging rights here. You may or may not edge me out. When it comes to workload, however, you've clearly been bested! :p

[color=violet]I can do a cross country course in about 4 minutes flat, at a canter, no slip ups. And the horse I ride is only 14.2 hands high. :P
On the running thing tho, go run yourself. I'll just sit and watch. :laugh:
Now for my husband, he's in the Army 21 years old and smokes a pack a week, unless he's working in the motor pool, then it's two packs.
Anyways, they make them run 2 miles every other day and his best time is 9 mins. 45 secs.
Also they make them take PT tests. His worst is the sit-ups only 65 in 1 minute I forgot how many push-ups he can do. He usually does pretty good on those things and the armyu gives him a 3 day or 4 day pass depending on how myuch he's improved.
He's so skinny tho, everyone says the only reason he runs fast is because he doesn't have any wind resistance.[/color]

I work in a warehouse pushing a tub around all day, and putting book/map orders in it for various petrol stations and bookstores.

The average distance for someone to walk in a day in that place, doing that job is about 15-20 miles. i.e about 3.5-5 hours (roughly half the day- which is probably about right) at 4mph walking speed.

OK, I achieve that in quite a long time, but it keeps me exercising while also earning my money :p. I get paid to exercise.

The 2 weekdays I don't do that job, I do Tribal Training, which doesn't involve as much exercise.

[COLOR=INDIGO]I guess I am not quite up to snuff on my metric conversions so used the awesome power of Yahoo to find a conversion chart. It looks like one mile equals 1.6 kilometers, so if any of you fellow Americans were as befuddled as I was the originator ran a mile and a half or so in a little under twelve minutes.

Sorry Unsung Hero I have you beat, although I don?t claim to keep up with Charles precise stats or CHW?s husband?s insane times (running a mile under five minutes is ridiculously fast?I bet he ran with the rabbit group during basic), I run three miles a few times a week and my average time is roughly between 18:09 to 18:30 or so (I haven?t been able to surpass 18:09 yet) or roughly 6:10 a mile. I am a little bit of a gym rat though, I probably spend between eight to ten hours working out a week?I still can?t get rid of my slight tummy though :(.[/color]

Wow...you all have alot of time on your hands to be working out that much. My workout you ask...Dance dance revolution, i do like 30 songs a day. I also play tennis and swim every week.

But i guess that could be just what works for me...

Mark M is the only one so far who has mentioned any "sports". Which usually involve a helluva lot of practise in between.
A good workout for me consists not of running laps or running along a treadmill, but constant pushups, situps, arm stretches (I only know the names of about 10 of the ones I do, but there are others that I don't know the names of), leg stretches (again, I don't know the names of all the ones I do. There are too many).
Where was I? Oh yeah. I also run on the spot (this is warming up mind you), and yeah, that isn't as hard as running laps...
Then we get to the serious stuff. About an hour of serious Karate training, then when I get home, it's usually an hour or so more. I do Karate 3-4 times a week. Depending on what's on.
I also do kayaking for four hours each day of the weekend. I normally do around 10 miles a day (converting to km, that's about 16. Not much, I know). Sometimes nine, on a bad day.
I also do swimming twice a week. Normally 1.5 miles in one session, which takes about an hour.

There's my "extensive" workout program. I'm only 15, and I still manage to scrape through school. One thing though. I HATE school sports and PE. I LOATH them entirely. The whole "group effort" thing is unappealing to me.
The key to a good workout program/thingo is a mix or variety. Kayaking for arms, swimming for legs, Karate is an all-rounder. That's just for sports though, what you guys do is probably just as good (if not, better).
My "program" is just for out of school stuff. Something to keep me fit.
Amazingly, I still find time for OB.
Once I get part-time work (hopefully [b]soon[/b]), my workout program is going to slip though.

PS: Did I beat UnsungHero??

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by inti [/i]
[B]Mark M is the only one so far who has mentioned any "sports". Which usually involve a helluva lot of practise in between.
[/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=deeppink]Nani? You've obviously never done any riding before. I've done this sport for 12 years already and before competitions I'm training for 2 hours every day for five days before I compete. Telling me this doesn't take a helluva lot of practice. :flaming: Whatever.
Sorry, I'm a bit deffensive, this [i]is[/i] my sport.
Okay, i've said what I wanted to say. Peace[/COLOR]

Okay, okay. It's probably my fault for saying sports are things like swimming, karate, etc.
I should have remembered that anything that is done as exercise can be a sport. Sorry. Don't anyone else go apologising.
I classify sports as competitive stuff, and I probably overlooked the bikeriding part (wait....there isn't one. I overlooked the horseriding part. Sorry about that...oh...running's a sport too....oops...)
Apart from that, I'm not withdrawing my comment. I'm going to be stubborn.
I've probably contradicted what I've said about 50 times, so I'm just going to crawl back to the Adventure Arena where I feel more at home.

Wow good job all. My 3-mile PR is only 21:30. I do Cross-Country but I've been off a month due to a stress fracture. I seriously cannot stand not running (As well as my coaches starting to think I'm just lazy). If I wasn't injured, I would be working out about two hours a day with the team, about 3 miles a day, sometimes less sometimes more, not counting the spontaneous repeats we do.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cloricus [/i]
[B]To get on an army cadet course you have to be 13 to 18 years old and must complete a BFA which has 25 sit-ups, 15 push ups (real ones) followed by a 2.6km run which must be completed within 12 minutes. All of this is to be completed in rapid succession.

Basically, you've got jack. [/B][/QUOTE]

I've got jack?

Listen up assclown, I'd like to see you run that as fast.

25 sit-ups and 15 push ups are nothing.

Mate, I'm only 15.

I've got, what 5 years to train?

I'm proud of my accomplishment and all you ppl can do is berate me?

P.S. I haven't mentioned other sports. I also do Rembukan twice a week, I have swimming training twice a week and I lift dumbbells.
I think I made this thread to competitive...

Guest cloricus
UnsungHero I did my first BFA when I was 14 and passed easily, I hardly did any training of any sort since I'm a computer geek except in the two days before it where I just did sit ups and push ups for as long as I could.
[quote]Listen up assclown, I'd like to see you run that as fast.[/quote]Okay, I live down the road for you. Tomorrow good?

*Laughs nervously*

In winter I play hockey. I do runs, but not much else. Last summer I did swimclub, swam about 1.6km a day. I hated it. This year I do nothing. I do Martial Arts, but that is one hour a week. I keep meaning to start doing some muscle activities, but I always delay it. I might start soon. But I'm afraid that you might have me beat. Plus I don't know how fast I can run.

But when you're 14 trying to catch up with a 15 year old with legs almost twice as long as yours, before he gets through the full-backs and scores a goal, then you know the meaning of speed.

I flog down the hockey field.

[color=tomato] [size=1] Wow, yeah this did get a little competitive!

I don't work out quite as much as some, I guess, but I'm proud of what I do. Durring the summer, I ride my bike at least an hour at a time (about ten miles) at least five times a week.
In the winter, I go to the gym and either run or do an eliptical-type-thing for an hour (that's a solid 600+ calories) five times a week.
Also, I do four to five hundred crunches a day and at least 100 push-ups. (Yes, I admit, the girl-kind)

I could look better though, I don't have the best eating habits.

This is all pretty good in my book considering how busy I am and my bad ankles and hips.[/size] [/color]

Guest cloricus
[quote]Whatever... Do you really live near me?[/quote]So you insult me yet when you find out that it's not some one from some other country that you'll never see you get all scared and back off? Only make insults that you can support. And yes I'll be free again tomorrow if you are desperate to see me run 1km in under 12 minutes.
[quote]I challenge anyone to beat that![/quote][quote]I think I made this thread to competitive...[/quote]What did you expect, people would say your good enough to go to the Olympics? Really if you put up a challenge you have to be prepared to be beaten.

[b][i]And that?s the end of that.[/i][/b] ;)