OtakuBoards

Do Ash and His Groupies Ever Age?

Rika&Shugo

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by G/S/B Master [/i]
[B]When growing as a teen, you don't look older at all.[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Only if you don't count getting taller, lol. I wonder if the artists actually bother to draw the characters a little taller each season? I doubt you would really notice if they did, though.[/color]

[color=darkblue]That's the thing about Pokémon. No matter how many seasons the charcters go through, they'll never age at all, unless they show how they act once they live out their dreams and settle down, per se. It's just to show the kids that watch the show that even the little guys can overcome great obstacles. Yet another "moral in disguise," if you will.[/color]

You really can't tell whether the characters are ageing or not. I kept thinking about that a year ago. I always wondered that its been about what five years since we've watched Pokemon.
It's Neverland I tell you. There wasn't a single episode that had a birthday special. Also, there's never been a single calender in that show; just clocks. There's no "Hey it's Monday or hey it's Friday."

I mean, you can't even tell what day they started traveling. All you would hear was "Only two more months left till the pokemon league...." That sort of thing. So, my guess is that it's Neverland; in pokemon version, but no fairy dust. :ball: :rolleyes: :ball:

[color=indigo]Either that, or the writers just don't care to incorporate that sort of thing into the show. Really, to most of the people that watch Pokemon, I don't think the issue of Ash and the others aging is at all important--if they even think about it. All it would do would add one more little layer of complexity to the show that isn't important to how entertaining the show actually is, or even to the story, really.

That's my guess. Like with a lot of things, it comes down to being lazy. :p[/color]

Guest Crimson Spider
They've aged them only a smidgen. Even though it has been about 4 years or so since he begin his journey.

The characters are taller. That's the first thing I noticed. On recent eppisodes, Ash was nearly as tall as nurse joy, and Brock was taller than nurse joy, while in the earlier eppisodes, Brock was shorter than your average joy, while ash was a lot shorter. I'll be doing some more height comparisons in later episodes, but my memory is serving me more instances, although shady, of them being taller.

But one thing they do not do is draw May to her correct age. I mean, crap man! She's filled out, taller than ash, and actually has curves! That girl is NOT 10! I repeat: She is NOT 10. She lied about her age!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crimson Spider [/i]
[B]But one thing they do not do is draw May to her correct age. I mean, crap man! She's filled out, taller than ash, and actually has curves! That girl is NOT 10! I repeat: She is NOT 10. She lied about her age! [/B][/QUOTE]

Ash is a midget, admit it XD.

The characters has grown and have a deeper voice though. Gotta put that in consideration.

does ash have a deeper voice, i mean think about it, does he really? i haven't really had time to notice, you know? it seems the smae to me, actually. And if you think dhes filled out in the episodes, you should see some of the doujinshi here in Japan, its horrible how old she looks.

[center]- - - - - - - - - - - - -[/center]

i meant if you think she's as in may...^___^''''

[color=indigo]Please don't double post. If you want to add something, you can just use the Edit button in the lower right-hand corner of your posts. Thanks. ^_^ - Desbreko[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rika&Shugo [/i]
[B]does ash have a deeper voice, i mean think about it, does he really? i haven't really had time to notice, you know? it seems the smae to me, actually. And if you think dhes filled out in the episodes, you should see some of the doujinshi here in Japan, its horrible how old she looks. [QUOTE]

That's a good question.
I kind of think that Ash's voice sounds the same, but got alittle low. It's hard to tell the difference, but as we look at him, it may seem that he's starting to sound different and act different (mature that is). Maybe until the seasons go by, we'll probably hear a new voice out of him. Now, that'll be cool.

He sounds the same to me as he did in the first season. Maybe he sounds a bit lower this season is maybe he got a new voice person, or whatever the hell you call them. Anyway, I'm not going to spend time trying to figure out if his voice has changed or not because there is no point.

[B]true, but i wonder, what's to come of the near future with the group. All i know is that when misty returns( i live in japan which means i've al ready seen 3/4 of Poke'mon advanced) she lox totally different. i mean really... [/B][/QUOTE]

You know, a friend of mine told me about Misty' new appearance in the next season; or so. She told me that her hair will be down, she'll wear a jacket, and that her.....well....she'll age like a teenager (in other words her chest will grow alittle). I would think so; the show may not tell you how old they are, but they'll show exacty what types of new clothing they're wearing (just to make them look like they're aging).

[color=darkblue]More than likely, her appearance will be similar to her sprite in Crystal. (Very fashionable, by the way. ^^)

Ash's voice actress is currently Veronica Taylor, and I seriously doubt that'll be changing in the near future. She was kind of weird when she first started doing Ash, like she was trying to hard to sound boyish. It was weird. Oo;[/color]

[B]she only visits in this season, but in the next shes there permenitly, or w/e. [/B][/QUOTE]

THERE'S A NEXT SEASON!?!?!?!?!?!!? *faints*

Wow, I never knew Ash was played by a woman. I thought it was a man with something in his throat was playing ash.

[B]THERE'S A NEXT SEASON!?!?!?!?!?!!? *faints*

Wow, I never knew Ash was played by a woman. I thought it was a man with something in his throat was playing ash. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hope you didn't hurt yourself.

Yeah, I thought the voice-actor of ash was a guy when I've first started watching the first season; forgot to mention that. Veronica sure is well talented. I don't think I can talk like a boy and girl all at once.

Also, in special note, I've heard this (some sort of) rumor that the seventh season of Pokemon will probably be the last and final season. I'm totally not that sure, but I'm still searching for answers. Anyone heard about that?

[B]yeah, i heard that, and believed it too, until my unlce can to visit one day and said that his friend (who works on the episodes type thingy) was looking for new names for the wat 10th season, but i don't know what to believe... [/B][/QUOTE]

10th season? Oh my gosh! I was hoping this was going to be it, but this is too much. Now, we'll definitly see what all the characters look like; as adults. This is too much. Although, I've found some source that shows a poster of Lugia in some movie called Phantom Pokemon X. I guess that explains it. X=10.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Stephanie Ayler [/i]
[B]10th season? Oh my gosh! I was hoping this was going to be it, but this is too much. Now, we'll definitly see what all the characters look like; as adults. This is too much. Although, I've found some source that shows a poster of Lugia in some movie called Phantom Pokemon X. I guess that explains it. X=10. [/B][/QUOTE]

10th season? Let see....

Pokemon, Islands, Johto, Master Quest, Advanced

We're on 5th season. Where's the other 4?

That Phantom Pokemon X is probleby a rumor. Or it's about Pokemon X mentioned in one Team Rocket episode.

[B]10th season? Let see....

Pokemon, Islands, Johto, Master Quest, Advanced

We're on 5th season. Where's the other 4?

That Phantom Pokemon X is probleby a rumor. Or it's about Pokemon X mentioned in one Team Rocket episode. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, it's Pokemon, Islands, Joto Journeys, Joto League Champions, Master Quest, and Advanced.

We're on 6th season. The 4th is Joto League Champions.
And yes, I hope it's a rumor too. There's just too much "to be continued."

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Stephanie Ayler [/i]
[B]Actually, it's Pokemon, Islands, Joto Journeys, Joto League Champions, Master Quest, and Advanced.

We're on 6th season. The 4th is Joto League Champions.
And yes, I hope it's a rumor too. There's just too much "to be continued." [/B][/QUOTE]

Lol, that means the whole series is 1 episode if you see it in my way hahahaha.

Into the topic: They have deeper voices. If you ahve a video tape of the 1st season, and compare to the current ones, they've changed.