OtakuBoards

Favorite Dragonball Video game of all time!

Heretic_Hatred

I havent played that many DBZ games...but i have played some. Out of the ones that i have played, My favorite DBZ games so far are:

1. DBZ Budokai on Ps2

2. Dbz Legacy of Goku 2 (GBA)

3. DBZ Budokai 2 (Came out here Yesterday)

I've beaten Budokai 1 a total of 3 times, legacy of goku twice, and budokai 2 twice. Hopefully they come out with more hotter DBZ games in the future.

*grabs head* I'm tired of lockin pointless threads, so HOPEFULLY someone will MAKE this into a useful thread. If not and this thread continues to be a spam thread, then its just gonna be operation lockdown again.

Also, Budokai 2 been out for over a week now. In my opinion, its the hottest DBZ game since DBZ Legends(which was only released in Japan unless you were lucky enough to get it when EB Games had imports which is how I got it.). I highly suggest that you go out and get it. I would talk more about it, but I'll wait until I post an official Budokai 2 thread(which wont be today. I'm rushin now as it is.)

*walks out*

[FONT=times new roman][COLOR=darkblue]

Maybe I can help you out brother.

Lets make this disscussion more discriptive.

I like the DBZ game: Legend of the Super Saiyan on SNES. (I'm not really sure on what the real name is because I'm too lazy to look)

Now the reason why I like this game is because it was an RPG on the snes and in my opinion the best out of the other RPG's on the nes.

My second most favorite game of DBZ: Dragonball Z: Hyper Demension on SNES.

Now if there was an amazing miracle to make a DBZ game to its full potential on a system that isn't the best. This game would be it.

The graphics on it are very beautiful as are the character's unique fighting still. Unlike Dragonball GT: Final Bout on PS this game is very fun to play trying to make the finishing moves to work or to just see the large range of fighting moves you can do on your opponent.

Now then for my somewhat favorite game. It isnt the best game in the world but I find it was a decent game to play. The name of the game is DBZ: Budokai.

I know the moves were beyond easy to do and the fighting system sucked. But I think this game had some good points to it. Like the finishers, the graphics of both the moves and the players and also the little story lines on what happens if Vegeta could have won or Freeza, or even (Snickers) when Cell asorbs krillen.

Well that's all I have to say. Peace out.

[/font][/color]

My favourite Dragon Ball Z game is Legend of the Super Saiyan on the SNES. I've got it on ZSNES and it's heaps of fun. It's fighting style reminds me of Golden Sun in a way in that you decide what each character will do and both they and the enemies attack in a big block. Tou have to pre-empt the enemy entirely. After attacks are made you are back at the attack screen.

Whilst on the subject of DBZ games though, has anyone heard of the new mod to Quake 2 or 3? It's unfinished as yet and promises to be a really big project. I think it's called Dragon Ball Quake but I can't be sure.

Anyway, that's my favourite DBZ game.

Is that snes rpg the one where you choose cards to use attacks? I liked that game, but thought there were WAY too many random battles. And if you're flying, ha! you'll get into 40 battles just going from one side of the map to the other. Hyper Dimension was okay too, but I didn't like how they got rid of the split screen and cinematic attacks. Everyone's special moves like kamehameha or big bang were reduced to wimpy hadouken (fireball) wannabes. My favorite DBZ game would have to be Legends. It didn't have the most complicated control scheme (only 2 attack buttons, "attack" and "ki"), but it had the best freaking story mode ever, and 3 on 3 fighting. Your opponents would fight based on who you sent out to fight who. Like...in the cell fight, cell will only come out himself if you send goku, otherwise you'll have to go through saibaman. And to get Gotenks...well that was weird and hard so I don't remember, lol but it was fun and satisfying to pull it off. And you were rated on how closely you followed the manga's storyline at the end.

My most favorite DBZ game would have to be DBZ Legends, even though it was in japanese. The fighting system was pretty fun and the controls were pretty simplistic. It was also cool cool seeing all of the characters' signature moves. One of the coolest moves was SS3 Goku's Kamehameha. The graphics weren't that bad and there are also a variety of characters to choose from. I also liked that the fight is affected on which characters you choose from, such as when you fight Androids 16, 17, and 18. If Goku isn't fighting, Android 16 won't be there. Another cool thing that you can do that you can't do in Budokai is that you can fly around freely.

Legends would have to be one of the best DBZ games that I have ever had the pleasure of playing. Battles just seemed to happen at amazing speeds, and it was hard to focus on just one person when you had two other people to worry about. The system of different characters triggering different events was genius; I think that budokai 2 is trying to incorporate a few of the ideas that this excellent game set foreward, and it will shape up to be a great game if the next one is anything like Legends.

Guest Inuyasha7575
My fav. Dragonball Z games are

Dragonball Z Budokai 2 for PS2

The Legacy of Goku 2 for GBA

Dragonball Z Legendary Warriors for GBC

[FONT=times new roman][COLOR=darkblue]

Okay no offence but I already see so much gone from this thread. If I were you Marche and Inu I would edit your post and make it far beter than it is right now or I have a good feeling this thread will close. Just a little heads up I am only doing my part in the comuntity ^_^

[/font][/color]

My favorite game is ultimate battle 22
why because it rocks it may be old but i love the fact that when your life gets really low you can do a totally differnt veriation of your orginal super attack
i aslo like gt 500 or something like that not because it is good but because i want to own it since only about 2000 were made

You must play the Budokais!!! They are cool games that you must get! Haha, too bad you dont have ps2, which in my opinion, is the best game system. Xbox is alright, but i dont like the Cube that much. Well right now for me, im just trying to get all of the characters of Budokai 2, But i have to go now, so catch you all l8er.