OtakuBoards

Actual Yuugioh?

AishKatsuya

Okay... is this just a "card-gaming" zone, or is it actually about Yuugioh, the manga? I haven't seen [i]one[/i] post on the [i]manga[/i] yet... let alone anything else besides cards and their ATK and DEF and special abilities. O_O

Here's what [i]I[/i] am:
A 15-year-old Yuugioh [i]manga[/i] fan, whose interest was sparked by the WB sucky dub. My favourite characters are Kaiba Seto, Bakura Ryou, and Jonouchi Katsuya.

Does anyone else feel this way? Please say yes... LOL. I don't really [i]care[/i] about how many attack and defense points the Dark Magician has. :devil: I just ... want ... to find other REAL Yuugioh fans. O_O

By the way, this is only my opinion. It does not express the opinions of any one else in the world, and it is not meant to attack the emotions of others that may be completely or partially opposed to anything I say, think, do, feel, or want.

© 23/December/2003 Holly Armitage

I thought I would include that just in case anyone had problems with what I said. LOL. :toothy:

This isn't a card gaming zone; however, a large part of the property's popularity is due to the card game, and to underestimate that would be wrong. I felt similarly that the anime wasn't being discussed, so, under my old user name, I started the "Latest Episode of Yu-Gi-Oh" thread. If you want something to be discussed, start a thread. We've got a lot of members who want to talk about the card game, so it's talked about.

I'm a fan of the card game, manga, and anime. For some reason, the manga doesn't spark a lot of conversation. Back when it was first released in Shonen jump, I summarized it for those unfortunate enough to not read it, but I stopped due to lack of interest.

If you wish to discuss the manga, I'll gladly relate to what I've read thus far. so far, Kaiba's a creepy psycho for that whole "Death-t" thing, and Hikari Yugi's a wuss. Yami Yugi is very cool because he actually does dark and unpleasant things on occassion; it's better when he's not such a "clean-cut" good guy like he is in the "Duel Monsters" anime.

Jonouchi is a strong character, and my favorite thus far. Honda, however...what's Honda actually do? Nada. In the intro from the author in the first volume of the YGO manga, he mentions Yugi, Anzu and Jonouchi, but not Honda. Honda serves no purpose...

I'm looking forward to Yugi's next duel against Mokuba, simply because I want to see Mokuba's lil' master plan. Last time, Yugi manipulated him indirectly, and sealed his fate. however, I doubt the same trick will work twice. And, of course, Kaiba's still waiting on the next level, with his three Blue Eyes white Dragon, all of which are loyal to him this time. Looks like a fun match to read. ^__^

Heh. Seto is the best. I love Death-T! How dare you smite its name? O_O I even have a sign on my door that says "Death-T." No kidding. Honda really does have no purpose, it's just that he shows up as part of the posse whenever something needs to be done; he doesn't do anything [i]worthy[/i] enough. And that stupid nephew of his is so ugly - the little baby. x.x;; And I hate Anzu, she should die. Ahem. Thank you for at least having interest in something interesting. I have Yuugioh cards, too, but I'm not obsessed with them. o_O

Well, the reason the cards recieve more "chat time" is because they constantly change, whereas the manga, while added on to, does not change. Monster Reborn used to resurrect all monsters, now it can only resurrect most of them. However, Yugi beat Kaiba with his Grandpa's Blue Eyes. That doesn't change, as cool as it is. It's static, andcan only generate so much discussion before it becomes repetative.

And how can anyone hate manga Anzu? Tea, maybe, but Anzu wrote a death threat with ketchup!

I hate Tea from the dub. She's annoying and talks only about friendship, just like everyone else except for Kaiba, but in the manga I'm sure she's cooler. Seto is quite a lot more violent in the manga... I couldn't believe that he smacked Sugoroku in the face with that metal briefcase of his that he carries everywhere! LOL

Guest PersianMistress
I am definately a actual yugioh fan. I LOVE the characters. Their so well thought out. they have a great story behind most of them. Except Honda and Anzu........... My fav characters are Seto Kaiba, Ryou Bakura, Katsuya Jounouchi, and Yami Yuugi only. *Normal Yugi is a whiny dork...in my oppinion.*

(I like the card game to though....)

The card game is okay, I have some cards but I don't play, I just collected a couple for drawing purposes for practising my manga, and just to look at and stuff... to have around, ya know? But my favourites are Kaiba Seto, Jonouchi Katsuya, Bakura Ryou, and you've gotta love Noa (Kaiba) but I'm not sure what he's called in the manga. Yeah, PM, Yuugi Muttou [i]is[/i] a whiny dork, sometimes I want to kill him. :p Anywho... :D

Noa don't exist in the manga! Waaah!

I read somewhere that he exists partly as a tribute to the original Kaiba Seto (who had the green hair), but mostly to take up screen time in the anime. Which stinks because he's perhaps the best portrayed character in the anime. Way better than "Tea", at any rate.

My favorite manga character would probably be... well, it's kind of embarassing, but I've only read the first three books in the manga series, and out of the characters in those books, my favorite would probably be... Shadi. :blush: Embarassing because he's such a pain-in-the-butt in the manga! Yami Yugi tells him to butt out and mind his own business, and he doesn't. And that's like me! My siblings say I just can't leave well enough alone, and it's true.
But I have friends. Good friends. Friends who care even if I'm crazy and belong in a rubber room. So I can also identify with manga Yugi, who's a know-nothing who can't defend himself.
I spent some time as a hard-core sociopath, so I can understand Seto both in the manga and in the anime, where he does not tolerate any form of purely social interaction and wonders why everybody hates him.
Anzu is good, but after that first book with the ketchup death-threat, she starts turning into the girl we see in the anime (though she does score bonus points for bashing Professor Yoshimori with a globe in book 3). Not to mention she falls in love with Yami; how can I like a girl like that? (Yami is private property of my sister, you -----!!!)

You know, I could ramble on, but I could risk being banned just for posting here, so I won't (don't ask).

Heheh, I like you ^^ You sound a lot like me. You see, Seto is my private property, and he also reminds me a lot of myself. Not afraid to express his aggressive, angry self, not at all void of a phobia of 'normal' human interaction. I can see almost all of my traits in him, and none other in any of the other characters (except maybe a little in Jonouchi) except my complete lack of good looks. :p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PersianMistress [/i]
[B]*Normal Yugi is a whiny dork...in my oppinion.* [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, but remember this when you next bash Yugi: Without Yugi, we wouldn't have Yami no Yugi.

Anywhoose, I like the manga. It's alot better than the show in many aspects. Oo; Like Anzu. First, she makes the death threat in ketchup. Next, they make her out to be a tagger. That was priceless.

And Seto's a meaner jerk! Yay! He evens insults his oddly-deformed brother! Yay again! ^o^

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Okay, I'm closing this now. It's moved past the original discussion and has moved into spam. Please don't diverge from the thread topic in future.

Anyway, the discussion of favourites characters without intelligent comment isn't even considered viable in a thread on its own, let alone one started on a different subject...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]