OtakuBoards

Kenshin Drawing

Shizoku

[color=teal]Wrath brought down upon previous post. <_< Double post approved. -Syk3[/color]

Hmm..Im new at anime style. Anyway, anyone that see's this go rate my work at myotaku. And feel free to add a comment...

Also, here is another guy I drew.

[color=navy]Yeah, you do look really new at Anime Style art.

Kenshin Himura- LOL! It looks like he has an affro. But, you did a pretty good job on him. Your shading and coloring looks wonderful.

The Second Picture- This one's pretty cool also. I really like how you put that woman in the background with the sword. I think you did an awesome job with the guy. I personally suck at drawing the sides of people's faces....and once again, your shading and coloring is awesome.

I'll definitely check out your myotaku art.[/color]

They pack a lot of punch colour-wise since you've rendered them so vigorously - that's worked particularly well on the hair of the foreground person in the second image. You probably do need to sharpen up on manga forms by practicising with others' drawings first and seeing how they accomplish things like the nose and proportion (I drew along with one of my friends who is brilliant at manga, then about a year later - *laughs* - I had to retrain my hand because I decided I didn't like the style anymore ... anyways...). I think you are going down the right path, though.

I agree with the 'fro comment - hair doesn't elevate that much over the crown of the head in a ponytail. I think what struck me the most were the crazy clavicles - they're more even and symmetrical - but your symmetry in general is rather good. Nice grasp of shape on the figure in the background in the second picture, though. I do see much potential in this.

[SIZE=1]I like the facial expression in that first one, and the way you drew his face but his hair is too oversized and you need to work on folds. I like the background alot aswell. [B]Rate:[/B] 7/10

The second I dislike altogether because it resembles Samurai Jack, and I despise that show. Personal opinion. Though I do like the way you drew the pants.[B]Rate:[/B] 5/10[/SIZE]

LOL yeah it does look like a "fro", but that gives me an idea why not make a couple of images that are a parody to Kenshin ^_^? Sadly the second image you drew is kinda the polar opposite to "anime styled". One way to sharpen up is purchase some Anime Cels or just look for some on the internet and try to draw those.

[color=navy]Wow, Shizoku, that picture is much better!

Once again, the shading and coloring is wonderful.

I especially liked the background. It really made the picture very interesting.

But, does Kenshin's scar really go that far down? I'm not too sure because I haven't looked at a picture of Kenshin in awhile, but if it does go down that far, then you did a nice job on it.

All in all: I'd say an 8/10.

Hope to see more artwork from you![/color]

Wow, that IS much better! The nose looks good and more built up than last time, and you've retained that fantastic grasp of shading that you have. I really like the way you've render the neck sinews in particular. I don't know whether the original drawing accounts for one, but does he have eyelids drawn in?

Yes, I think it looks far more complete with a background. It gives a good light sense of perspective (especially since you haven't used firm lines to define the backdrop - gives it a misty feel).

I'd be interested to see how you deal with another medium like coloured chalk or paint that might give flatter planes of colour and tone. Just a little suggestion for diversifying your art there, no need to heed it completely...

Ma haha, I've seen that picture a lot of times before...*does little evil laugh*

Well, the first one is okay, but the hair...is scary. Really. An afro doesn't go with Mister Battosai.
The second one is pretty cool...looks like something I would draw. Kinda. Kinda.
The third one is pretty spiffy. My only complaint is that the chin looks more like Saitoh's...long and pointy. ^^; And the background isn't all that fantastic, but I don't do background either, so I don't care. :toothy:
And finally, the OVA one. There's room for improvement on that one, especially on Kenshin's face. The eyes didn't turn out really good, and they aren't even...one's higher than the other. o_O
Well, you have some good drawings, Shinzoku, just need to work on your style. ^^