OtakuBoards

Trial by Inferno (violence, mild swearing)

Squall

"Hmm... good enough..." Jake was mixing some kind of juice together, slammed it down and shook his head. "Ah...that's it! I'll be at a cave right outside the entrance to your left, I'll be outside so you're bound to find me... You can say goodbye to your lady friend, or just not show, either way I'm gone in 30..." Jake turned and left.
The wind was picking up slightly, causing his sword to beat against his leg a little.
He walked back to his cave and looked inside. [I]Hmm...What do I have to work with?[/I] Jake looke at his stockpiling of weapons, he found a jaket that fit snugly, but it was warm at least.
He zipped it up halfway and took a look outside. It was a beautiful day for suicide... he was ready.
"25 minutes and counting..." He tooke a look at his watch, then stood outside waiting for John... hopefully.

[COLOR=darkred]
Ari Watched jake leave in a hurry completely missing the point of the two men's disscussion. Not that it mattered because she was having too much fun being drunk at the moment, that didn't mean however that her curiosity was left unlubricated by the makeshift relaxant.

"So..." She looked sidelong at John who still seemed to be struggling with the fact that he had very little money at the moment, "..You're heading to a cave with that guy eh? Didn't know you swung that way my friend"

She gave him a drunken cheeky gaze that only received an equaly drunken angry glare.

"Like I'm going out of my way to sleep with some guy!" John exclaimed pushing away from the bar, "we're headed off to become infamous heros known as 'deamon slayers', besides it's none of your buisness anyway."

Had Ari heard the last part of John's scentence she wouldn't have bothered to probe any furthur, but upon hearing The word Deamon, she had to ask.

"Really? You two are on a killing spree?"

"yeah, whatever you make of it" John turned away from the bar, planning to make his exit while Lou was in the back.

"Well, could I tag along? I haven't had much to do, this sounds like fun" Ari put on an unfamiliar womanly charm that she stumbled over with due to the excessive amounts of alchohol in her bloodstream.

"I suppose it's still a free country" John mummbled looking torwards the door.
[/COLOR]

[i]The dagger heeled tagged along, I doubted she'd like her situation when she was sober. The alchahol left me in a crazy mood. I was a ninja, my kung-fu was strong. I wasn't kidding anybody. The sun peaked red over the horizon, like a sunken eye. The sky was blue, you couldn't tell anything was wrong until you looked down and found the craphole called earth. Jake stood in front of a cave, battle ready and demon hungry. I wish I could say the same for Ari.[/i]

"You showed up." Jake said with a grin. "Yeah, and I brought a drunk. If she can't fight, she's pretty fun to watch dancing in a drunken haze." Ari went crosseyed as a bug landed on her nose. "Allright! Let's lock and load!"

"Slow down there. It's a month's hike to the crack, you'll use those bullets on a lizard faster than a demon."

"What do you suggest?" Jake cocked his head at John.
"Well supplies for one thing!" John looked around, "We can't live off of adrenaline!"
Jake turned to the cave and grinned, "I know..." They all turned and walked into the cave.
Guns upon guns upon guns laced the walls, and on ever inch of the floor lay a crate. Beer, fruit, beer, various other stuff that had been stockpiled in this cave which, despite the heat, kept things rather cool. The fruit was, for the most part, edible, save a rotten one here or there... and a few bags lay in the corner to hold it.
"What in the-" They both left their mouths gaping wide, "Where'd you get all this?"
John started packing various fruits and vegetables, a couple longnecks, and even a few protein supplements, since there meat would spoil. "I've been doing this ever since the week after the rift formed..." He dusted off an apple, "Pack up...I can't carry enough for all of us!" he went back to stuffing things in his pouch.

[COLOR=darkred]
Ari began to sober up as she began packing some of the fresher fruits away into a leather pack, and along with a clearer thinking pattern, began to realize what she had gotten herself into. She stopped what she was doing, to watch her two traveling companions carefully, not fully realizing what their intent was, but they didn't know hers either, and yet here she was, accepted into their party, somewhat.

[i]Well Ari, you might as well enjoy the ride, no better death than that with a deamon.[/i]

John locked eyes with her, quirking one eyebrow up.

"got a staring probem?"

"eh?!" Ari grunted looking away and ignoring him completely and stubornly.
[/COLOR]