OtakuBoards

Can some one tell me when...

Shaun

Can someone tell me when Vanessa Carlton's new album is comming out? I don't like her as a person but I really do like her music, and I hear the new album will be comparable to Evanescence...a band I totally love...so it's got to be good. Any info is much appreciated :)

She is pretty nice looking...but her personality sucks...and that just ruins it all for me.
Actually she was quoted as saying "this next album isn't going to be a piano recidal like the first. It's goth."

It'll be interesting to see what it sounds like for sure. :)

Aww......i loved the whole piano aspect of her album. If the second one is nothing like it then there is no reason for me to buy it. I loved her first album, but i loved it because of teh predominance of the piano. (the piano is my fav. instrument and i play it). I've always wanted to get the sheet music so i could play along. Dum..just a day...dum...just an...dum...ordinary day....

but....it could be interesting if it rivals Evanescence......

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shaun [/i]
[B]She is pretty nice looking...but her personality sucks...[/B][/QUOTE]

What's wrong with her personality? I haven't actually ever heard her talk, but she has one thing over about 90% of the pop-stars (Note: the 90% doesn't include my wife, Mandy Moore), she doesn't walk around like a prostitute. So at least she has has respect for herself in that way, which in my opinion, is a good personality trait. But, like I said, I really haven't heard her talk (or really even seen her for the past year), so i wouldn't completely know.

Well, in the few times I've seen her (on TV or whatnot, not IRL), she's been kinda rude to people...which I can kinda understand...but it's like she's trying to be punk, and it just don't work. I love her album now, and I love her, no matter how she acts.
I too play piano, and I did buy the sheet music to the whole album :p...It actually isn't as hard as it sounds:)
I look for the new album to feature the piano as much as the first, but in a different...kinda creepy aspect....that's always my fav:D

It's called Harmonium and it is supposed to be finished around March. Whether or not it will be out then is another story, as that's just the date that she claims she'll be finished with it. I have no idea if that includes production times and such, but I doubt it.

She calls it "goth" because of the subject matter... suicide and such, I guess. We'll see how that goes because I'm not buying into that just yet. Goth music itself isn't defined by such trivial things. The way she speaks and such just make it seem like something she's saying so people have something to talk about, almost.

"Dark" sounds like it would be a better word to describe it.