OtakuBoards

Disney, Past and Present

vegeta rocker

This has been nagging at me for awhile, do you guys miss old Disney channel?
The reason i ask is because it has changed so much, i remember when it showed awesome movies and series. Now the whole channel is stupid teen shows and trash.

My sister and brother have never seen such classics as Swiss Family Robinson, Escape from Witch Mountain or The Shaggy DA.
The only Flubber they know about is the new one.

It seems dumb that they have to watch AMC or Hallmark just to see some good Disney movies. These were movies that included real drama and story. They had great actors and comedy as well.

Even the old shows like Zorro and old Donald Duck are gone, they have been put in Vault Disney.

So my question is, do you think Disney was better before?
And if not, why is it better now?

I have to agree with your first post, Vegeta Rocker. I miss the old Disney Channel. I remember it from when I was little. All of the Oldies but Goldies that I'll never forget. I do kinda like some of the new shows, but if they started playing the old Disney Channel, let's just say that I wouldn't be here as much.

[FONT=arial]back when I first saw the Disney Channel in.... '93, maybe? (new cable-ness ^_^), I was only 6 or 7, so I didn't pay as much attention to the shows catering towards the teenagers. I was all about the Gummy Bears and the claymation Disney train commercials ^_^. I do kinda wish that they still showed all the Disney cartoon shows, like Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers and such, but they've all been moved to Toon Disney. blah. they had some neat-o kid shows back in the day. the ones they play now just don't seem up to scratch compared to the old stuff. :p plus, they had Babysitter's Club, Flash Forward, and Ready or Not back then, which were also some of my favorite shows. I never liked Vault Disney, except for a few shows which I don't even remember. then again, that could also probably be due to the age I was at the time.

I was into that Zoog Disney thing for a bit, too. they even showed my name and high score in the top 5 once. made me feel special. then I realized that nobody seriously watches or remembers those types of things anyway, and my slightly larger ego went back to normal. :cross:

other than that, I like it more today, for the most part. after going through some particularly horrible and cheesy 'Disney Original Movies' and shows (ex: The Jersey, Can of Worms, Smart House, My Sister from Planet Weird, The Thirteenth Year, Zenon, etc. etc. etc.), they seem to have gotten most of it out by now. I'd prefer Even Stephens, That's So Raven, or even Lizzy McGuire to anything they used to play back in that time period. and their movies have improved quite a bit from what they used to be as well. certainly not the best stuff out there, but at least watchable to some degree.

so now that I've gotten rid of one more skeleton from my closet, I'm gonna go do other stuff. yay.[/FONT]

Guest Inuyasha7575
I dont like the fact that Disney moved all my fav. old shows to toon disney a channel I don't even get we only have Disney sure That So Raven and the other shows are good,but I miss the old cartoons and t.v. shows like Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers,Ducktales,and Talespin stuff like that.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Well, I'm actually really happy with the present Disney channel. The only thing I don't like is that they show Boy Meets World and Sister, Sister too many times a day, but other than that, I enjoy all the shows. I also get Toon Disney, so I can watch all the old cartoons, too. And I like the movies they put out now, especially the Paper Brigade and the Luck of the Irish movie. So cute. ^_^[/color][/size]