Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Fable


Guest The_BE-BOP

Recommended Posts

Guest The_BE-BOP
Posted
This had been the most anticipated game for me (other than Halo 2 of course) ever since I heard about it. I'm sure you have all read about it but I am going to explain anyway. It's basically your do anything and everything game, you fight alot you grow big and strong, you go stealth and stay out of the sunlight you grow skinny and pale. You can even get tattoo's, scars and have children or even bulid a house. All i'm saying is that if you havent read about this game you really need to look in to it, it looks very very promising.:toothy:
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
This does look a very promising game i agree and the graphics look especially cool does anyone know when this will be released in the Uk? Is it a RPG based game or am i thinking of a different one because i am sure it is and i am sort of getting into RPG's slightly more as they are becoming improved all the time in my oppinion.
Guest The_BE-BOP
Posted
I 'm sure you are thinking of the right one. I have no idea when it's going to come out the Uk but I will look.:D You know you can become werewolf in it also.:devil:
Posted
[color=teal]Well Vercetti at the moment it looks like Fable will be hitting the stores over here in England sometime in July.

This game amazes me more every review I read. I really like the idea of growing up and older in this game. You start at age 15 and finish at age 45. It is pretty original and also every action has a reaction in Fable. From tanning your body, because you stayed in the sun too long, to morphing your body by having a big weapon (you get big muscles and get stronger :) )!

It just really does sound such a good game even if your not the biggest RPG fan i.e me. :excited:[/color]
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]I agree Cajones. I'm not a huge RPG gamer, but I have played a few in my time. This game attracts me, because I think it will be long, and worth the £40 I am going to have to pay for it.
Can I ask, what is the main aim of the game?[/color][/size]
Guest The_BE-BOP
Posted
So far as I can tell Alexus, is that is not really any point. I'm sure there will be something but so far it sounds like the point of the game is whatever you make it.:babble:
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]Well, I guess that's a pretty pointless game then. Like The Sims, this will become boring and repetitive. A game without an aim, is like an 18 storey building without any stairs.
So, the game is what you want it to be eh? What can you make it be?[/color][/size]
Posted
I suppose with these types of games you would need to use your imagination like with the sims you create your own story and choose what you want to happen which can be very hard for some people to use there imagination. I think with this game there will be a story in it and won't be anything like the sims. In a review it said your mother and sister or something have been captured so perhaps you have to rescue them which could be the story.
Guest The_BE-BOP
Posted
Dont look down on it because there are no objectives. Thats what I read about it along time ago, there has been numerous changes since then and even if there arent any it's a huge game anyway with huge enviroments to explore.
Posted
[color=red]What? That's nonsense, every game has to have an objective/storyline to it or well it wouldn't be a game. If you had to stand still and do nothing then that's still an objective. I think Vercetti is on to the plot of this game when saying it starts after the kidnapping. The obvious solution seems to be you have to retrieve your family back, but heck it's just a guess. The game is really yours to control though on terms of character development and also alternative endings. The more and more I read about this game it feels like a fable.

Write your name on a tree and it will stay there unless chopped down, kill lots of towns people and they will automatically get scared of you whenever they see you, be friendly and help townspeople out alot and they will be nice back and play games of cards with you. Really anything you can think of this game is pretty realistic in graphics, sound and characteristics. The character ages so well by the way, but I think they need to clear up on the plot still as all I'm hearing are the actions that really do speak louder than words, when it alters this game.

This game is also set for the PC by the way in 2004! :)[/color]
Guest The_BE-BOP
Posted
Also the towns people's kids will look up too you and get haircuts like yours. :wigout: So if you have a mullet the kids will get a mullet cut!! :laugh:
Posted
Heh, I remember Peter Molyneux (sp?) claiming that this would be the greatest game of all time. Gosh, I wonder why he would say that about his own product. It seems ambitious enough to its credit though--perhaps too much so. I like some of the small touches and physical effects that have been touted continuously such as tanning and scarring. Plus, the development possibilities are intriguing. Being able to choose the path of evil sounds like fun.

I just hope that the game's plot won't be too detached. I have a feeling that the final product will be a bit generic. But, I've heard that there will be scripted events to prevent that. Nonetheless, I'm not exactly anticipating this with bated breath.
Guest The_BE-BOP
Posted
If you ever played Black & White you will see how much attention to detail his programing teams are. I think this game will not be dissapointing at all. So I am going to eagerly awaiting it with baited breath.:mrt:
Posted
I've played Black & White. I still own it. It's somewhere around here. Heh.

The thing is--Black & White never captured my attention. It's only a matter of opinion, of course, but it didn't seem too outstanding. I'm sure that underneath the layers of dislike I had for the game there was something deep and rewarding, but I was never able to find such qualities. "Painfully average" comes to mind when I think about the experience I had with it.
Guest The_BE-BOP
Posted
I agree that the game wasnt very captivating but still the detail was there you cant deny that. The whole part about being to control a giant creature was the coolest too me.:whoops:
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Watinabe
Posted
Fable does sound interesting I mean a game where you can slaughter a bunch of chickens and be dubbed the chicken slayer sounds pretty funny and if you kill a little boy the father swears revenge hunting you down for the rest of the game, damn thats just interesting~_~ I cant wait to play this.
  • 3 months later...
Guest TriGunMaSta68
Posted
Everyone! BE A BAD GUY FIRST, BAD=GOOD, IF YA NO WHAT I MEAN!!!!
Posted
Picking it up ASAP is going to be a problem considering it was delayed until well into next year heh. Seems like they've been doing that with a lot of Xbox's bigger games lately.
Guest TriGunMaSta68
Posted
Yea no doubt, i probably heard about Fable(known as Project Ego of course back then) in 2000. It was supose to blow every game outta da waters(which it will) and would b out at the Xbox launch date November 14 or 22 i think? of 2002. Now, its being delayed until 2004? Its just like Zelda: The Ocorina of Time, which was delayed for 6 years!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...