Jump to content
OtakuBoards

MANGA! Somewhere I Belong


Recommended Posts

Guest MetalSonic700
Posted
I am constantly making new manga stuff and here is my latest. Its called Somewhere I Belong and this is page 1. Ill post them as I make them. It reads left to right and is in text type.
Posted
... already I hate it... it's either a self insertion type thing, or written about an otaku. No matter which, it just almost never works to mention anime IN an anime.
Posted
Yeah, but you didn't even try. No use of pen, to make it legible, or a ruler, to do the same. An the text was so out of place without the completely black and white. I mean, I can see where you used the computer to erase things!
The text was boring, too. And I agree, unless you're a kick-*** writer, anime-centered plot just doesn't really work.
Guest MetalSonic700
Posted
Dont say that! Its discouraging! This story is one of the deepest, saddest things Ive ever SEEN! Im crying writing it. The kid was a big anime fan, he bought a sword, IT IS NOT THE KEY POINT, its just relevant. pg. 2 in process!

heres a banner
Posted
I really, really hate being discouraging, but it's pretty poor quality. You're having problems with liquid, and that's a bad thing when dealing with blood vs water type of things. The rain is... it remains me, frankly, of dragging a rake through mud and leaving indentations. The katana's "hilt" is...interesting, seeing it's supposed to be metal, and the blade doesn't seem... balanced. FYI, use a ruler for anything straight.
Blood has a thicker density than rain water, so try to keep that in mind when drawing such things.

EDIT: Wow, was I in a bad mood. (Oh yeah, I failed my chem quiz.) It's a good intro page, but it has its faults, like everyone else's.
Posted
[size=1] I've never seen an anime where [i]other[/i] anime shows are included in the plot. Very interesting. ^_^.

Nice story introduction [or whatever you want to call it], but I would reccomend trying some new techniques. You will learn so make the ruler your very best friend, lol. I have yet to witness someone who has the talent to draw perfectly straight lines without some kind of straight edge.

I guess you can distinguish the density between water and blood, since you drew it pretty thick, but if it were me, I would probably examine and study the art of other mangas and try to find out how professional artists draw rain and blood. Splattered blood is a very tricky thing to draw, it's evil on beginning artists. Really, all I need to see improved is design-quality. You know what they say, practice makes perfect. :p

It's nice to know there are more artists trying their hand at making original mangas, and don't get discouraged by flames and stupid bits of insulting comments *glares at certain people*. Every artist has his/her beginning, and some people are too afraid to post pictures in the first place, so good for you. Good luck on your manga![/size]
Guest MetalSonic700
Posted
I wont be posting the second page, unfortuanetally because my computer was banned.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...