OtakuBoards

Kyokoks new Banner thread!tell me ehat you think!

Kyokokeiji

[size=1][color=chocolate]Very, very pretty banner here. The image is very clear, and the font is very nice. The banner itself is very beautiful, and I like that. Matching avatar is great too. ^_^
What I am confused about is that there is like a aqua colored little box up top by the "H" of "How." It looks weird.[/size][/color]

A nice and simple banner. The image is VERY pretty (I have it myself...I always wanted to use it in some kind of layout. ^^). While, I can't say there's nothing wrong with it...the banner itself is only an image with text.

The font may be given an extra effect (maybe a small glow and make it..er..angely like? lol).

Yeah...what's what the aqua lil box by the H? OO;

[size=1][color=chocolate]Very good banner. ^_^
I don't know about anyone else, but I think adding the grids looks good. If they weren't there, the banner would look very plain in my opinion.

Anyway, it's a very nice banner. Though I think Miroku looks a little squished there. >.< Also, maybe try out a thin black border for it. It might look better, I'm not sure.[/size][/color]

I'm not liking that grid. Try cropping it out of the foreground (so that it doesn't show up in front of Daisuke's face or hand), and fading it further into the dark blue background. Black is simply too harsh a hue for this soft, pretty banner, so change the color of the "Fly" text to something more like deep maroon; for example, the rich reddish-brown with which you typed Daisuke's name.

Also, be sure to add a border. Doing so will definitely make your banner seem more complete.

~Dagger~

i kinda like the grid thing. if i didnt have it there that banner would be nothing but a picture and words. not very professional. anywhere heres my latestone. i really like it cuz its really pretty. favoured the tone of red in this one, majorly. I ound the pic on the net its its two people from Fushigi Yuugi. I really like it ^.^ seriously its really pretty!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kyokokeiji [/i]
[B]i kinda like the grid thing. if i didnt have it there that banner would be nothing but a picture and words. not very professional. anywhere heres my latestone. i really like it cuz its really pretty. favoured the tone of red in this one, majorly. I ound the pic on the net its its two people from Fushigi Yuugi. I really like it ^.^ seriously its really pretty! [/B][/QUOTE]

I beg to differ. First of all, I didn't tell you to excise the grid entirely. I merely mentioned that the banner might look better if the grid wasn't quite so obvious.

"A picture and words" can often be more attractive than a needlessly complex combination of images. For the perfect example of this, look at one of Mei's banners. They're very simple, but also very pretty and professional.

Anyway, I like your new banner. A tiny portion of the text is cut off, which bothers me a bit. Did you stretch the stock image, or is that how it appeared originally? The woman on the right seems to be a little bit out of proportion.... then again, I could easily be imagining things. >_>;

~Dagger~

lol uhhh.....excise? i have no idea what thats means lol. no i didnt stretch the girls body the pic game like that. the 2 people in the picture are actually standing, i just rotated the pic. i probly couldnt have made the lettering darker though...everything looks way better in photoshop......

ok well heres another one i made not to long ago. Went with purple tones. The words are from Evanesence-my immortal. i love that song. I made a matching avatar too but i have to edit it....i originally made it for my msn display pic which is 100 x 100 pixels. enuf of my jabbering heres the banner!

[size=1][color=chocolate][b]Daisuke Banner:[/b] It is a nice banner, though it could do without the grids. Also, the "fly" word could be a lighter color because black is too dark, I should say. And a very light colored border would probably do the trick too.
[b]The "Red" Banner:[/b] Very nice. I really have no problems with this banner much at all, you did a good job.
[b]My Immortal Banner:[/b] Very, very beautiful banner. The image is very beautiful itself, and the background is very nice. What I seem though is that the text at the bottom is kind of hard to read, but very beautiful. I guess try to clear it up a little, but with the same color font.[/size][/color]

ok well ty for thanks for all the great advice people and as usual here is yet another banner lol. i just keep making them. i always make at least 3 every time im on but some r really horrible^.^; anyone here is another one. its sesshomaru! sesshomaru is so cool and i hadnt done a banner of him yet so here it is!

[size=1][color=chocolate]It is good, but not all that great. Your other banners I like better.

Anyways, my problems. First, this banner needs a border. Usually a banner isn't complete without a border. Also, the 'E' of evil is cut off at the top. Those are my only problems really, but this banner doesn't really appeal to me a lot for some reason. If this offends you, sorry.[/size][/color]

lol yea im not sure i did so well with that one either ^.^; i still like it though. lol well anyway ehre is another one i made recently. i got the pic from lelola.net. its rni n sailormoon.l i kinda like this one, especially the lettering i probvly could ahve done better though. o well ^.^;

[size=1][color=chocolate]Yes...the font you could have done better.

It is a nice banner though. The pic is very good, and the quote is a good one too. (I can never make quotes!)
Well my problems are with the roses and all, you can barely see the font. That's a problem; it'll just make the banner look crowded. Also, a border. A banner is bare without a border.[/size][/color]

[size=1][color=chocolate]Ah, sad but cute.
The girl's name is Tomoe, and this is from Samurai X if you didn't know. ^_~

That is a great pic; it has good quality. The background is fine too, but the font...bleh. It's fuzzy, so you really can't read the lyrics, though the red color does work. I like the type of font you used though, it's nice.[/size][/color]

eck ur rite the text is fuzzy! it looked okay in photohop! >.< lol i think i need a little wok when it comes to text colors.>.< o well:D

anyway heres a new one. i finally made a sm banner^.^ ive been havin some trouble finding the rite pic but i finally found it! anyway here it is. i think its really pretty. the text is definatly readable this time! lol

[size=1][color=chocolate]Very beautiful Miss Kyokokeiji. Very nice banner.

The pic is gorgeous, that's my first compliment. Sparkly. Second, you picked a good font. Usagi is perfect, and so is the other text. Good job on that. The dark blue or black border on the sides look very good too. I see no problems with this banner; it's very nice.[/size][/color]

ty wasabi! i really like the usagi one too ^.^

ok well this one is a little on the weird side. and i like it for is weirdness. the guy in the backround is from a anime called X.so yea this one is definat;y a bit diff from the noes ive been doin lately but i still like it cuz the text really works and its weird like me ^.^

[size=1][color=chocolate]I am like half and half for this one.

It does have kind of a weird side, doesn't it. It looks liked you mixed images, and the mixing of them is ok.
That's a good font though, but when starting the sentence for both texts, it is too close to the side and is cutt off.[/size][/color]

[size=1][color=chocolate]Ooh, I like this one a lot.

The grids outside the images look great, and you CAN read the font! (In other words, the font is great too)
Also, the thing with darkness and the 'color' images are great. The quote matches with it perfectly. Good job.[/size][/color]