Nikorasu Posted February 4, 2004 Posted February 4, 2004 This may not be in the right place. If not, please have a mod or admin move it. About the fanart, how long does it usually take for submitted art to be approved? If it's not approved, do you get sent a message or something so you won't keep waiting?
Dan Rugh Posted February 4, 2004 Posted February 4, 2004 It's pretty much a next day thing depending on what time you send it in. I remember somewhere Adam saying that only about 40% of the fan art actually gets put on the site.
Nikorasu Posted February 4, 2004 Author Posted February 4, 2004 Do you get any notification if it does/does not get approved?
James Posted February 5, 2004 Posted February 5, 2004 [color=#707875]If your fan art isn't approved within about three days, then it won't be put on the site. I say that because fan art is generally sorted and uploaded every single day. Unfortunately we don't have a system for notifying people who have had their art rejected.[/color]
DBZgirl88 Posted February 5, 2004 Posted February 5, 2004 [COLOR="#004a6f"]Well, when I used to send in my art, it wasn't being uploaded. And I would send it again, and it would be uploaded. If we are convinced that there is nothing wrong with our fanart (ie. there isn't too much white space, it's our own work, it's actually anime related, etc.) is it ok to send it in at a later time? I remember Adam saying he's more prone to rejecting fanart if he's in a bad mood.[/COLOR]
James Posted February 5, 2004 Posted February 5, 2004 [color=#707875]It's certainly okay to try again, if you're actually having problems uploading. Obviously there are various reasons why Adam may reject fan art. Sometimes there's a problem with plagiarism, or someone is uploading a duplicate, or the file is too big...etc etc. There are lots of reasons. But other than that, there isn't much more I can say. I haven't handled fan art uploads in a while -- I do know that we receive a [i]lot[/i] of submissions though. It can be quite difficult to sort through all the submissions in a day. I remember that when the site was relatively new, it still took me over an hour to approve submissions. So now, with even more activity...I don't want to know how long it takes. ~_^[/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now