Adam Posted February 6, 2004 Posted February 6, 2004 In case you haven't seen theOtaku.com's main page, our fan art site now supports art-specific comments. Thoughts?
Mimmsicle Posted February 6, 2004 Posted February 6, 2004 [COLOR=darkred]Just tried it out and it seems to be working fine. At first I irked at the character limit, but I guess deeper discussion about a drawing is best carried out via e-mail ^_^ - Mimmi[/COLOR]
DeadSeraphim Posted February 6, 2004 Posted February 6, 2004 Its a great feature Adam. But, upon reading the main page, I have to ask. Does Mars really do that kind of thing?
Adam Posted February 6, 2004 Author Posted February 6, 2004 Mars is the most responsive, sacrificing, and talented web programmer I've ever come across. But he is very, very eccentric and anti-social.
GBeanJuice Posted February 6, 2004 Posted February 6, 2004 I'm really glad you added a way to do comments! I have a question though...is the only way to view if you have comments on your pictures, to go through all of them every once in a while?
DBZgirl88 Posted February 7, 2004 Posted February 7, 2004 [COLOR="#004a6f"]Ooooh............ I've always wanted this feature. I'm glad Mars implemented it. Unfortunately, it's not working for me. When I click on the comments link, it doesn't go to a new page. It just goes to the top of the page. Are there any internet settings I should change? I also have a firewall. For instance, it used to block the jukebox page from coming up when I clicked the link (well at least I think it did), so could it also be the cause of this? Oh and one other note: when I go to view a picture, I noticed that the comments link for instance, "http://fanart.theotaku.com/view.php?action=get_pic&pic_id=12138#" is the same for the juke box, so the jukebox won't launch from that specific page either. I have a feeling their might be slight error in coding, but I can't blame Mars. He worked so hard on this probably stayed up so long to get it done.[/COLOR]
Adam Posted February 7, 2004 Author Posted February 7, 2004 It uses javascript to launch the page. If you have javascript disabled on your computer, it won't work. GB - yeah, that's something I think is important too. This is a very new feature so we'll be tweaking things.
DBZgirl88 Posted February 7, 2004 Posted February 7, 2004 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Adam [/i] [B]It uses javascript to launch the page. If you have javascript disabled on your computer, it won't work. GB - yeah, that's something I think is important too. This is a very new feature so we'll be tweaking things. [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR="#004a6f"]But I do have javascript enabled... sigh... my computer is so messed up. It keeps on messing up certain javascripts.[/COLOR]
Queen Asuka Posted February 7, 2004 Posted February 7, 2004 [color=hotpink][size=1]I appreciate it greatly, Adam. Thanks for implementing the feature. Now all these people who give me crappy votes might be willing to tell me why exactly my artwork sucks.[/color][/size]
DBZgirl88 Posted February 7, 2004 Posted February 7, 2004 [COLOR="#004a6f"]I don't get it. I made [b]sure[/b] that java and javascript are enabled. It's not working... :mad: . I keep clicking the stupid link and it just keeps going to the top of the stupid page... I even tried it in netscape, and it didn't work. Man, I wanna cry. I just wanna see the new feature!!!:bawl: edit: ok, I checked out the code you used for the link. For example you linked to the comments using this code: Comments (5) Yes, I guess that's a Javascript code, but this specific one won't work for me. I tried using a slightly different code, and it did work. Comments (5) The only difference between the two codes is the one you're using has "onClick="MM_openBrWindow" and the one I tried has "onClick="JavaScript:window.open" So yeah, for now, to get to the comments page, I have to look up the page address in the code, but I still managed to see it! What do you think is the problem Adam?[/COLOR]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now